A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

I do have some tragic news on that front.

I saw that. :(

It was scary but it happened so fast I didn't have time to fall apart just move forward. He really is doing great now.

Sooo happy to hear that!

Dennis wants to go down there to help her get back but he REALLY does not need to be flying or trying to drive. He insists he can do it. He also has his follow up with the cardiologist on Thursday.
No travel until he can see the cardiologist!

There was also a part of me that felt Danielle needed to be an adult and figure some of this out on her own. Guess what?

She did!

I'm very proud of her.
As you should be!

I hope she does make it back and this will just be another chapter in her DCP Adventure.

That's my hope too. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about all the scares and curveballs and general craziness life has been throwing your way. I can't even imagine how long these last two weeks must have felt. Thank you for sharing the health scare and Colle Program madness with us all. We're here to listen and offer virtual support. :hug:

So glad Dennis is doing okay now....how scary and stressful! Thank goodness Danielle is on her way home. While my heart breaks for all those young people on their DCP, it was definitely the right decision to shut everything down. Stay safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. :hug:

Thank you for this update for a hint of joy and lots of relief. I got chills (not in a bad way).

Thank you! I think everyone is living on the roller coaster right now.

Ach it’s so good to hear some happier news for Danielle. This will be one of those stories she’ll be telling her grandkids for sure- how she was there when WDW closed! Hope you are all keeping safe and well and that the roads are clear and easy for Danielle’s journey :goodvibes :shamrock:

This will all most certainly make for an interesting story over the year. Hopefully her Disney story isn't over yet.

awww hugs to you. I am usually just a lurker on TRs but just wanted to say I am thinking of you and your family today. The changes we are all going through right now are hard enough, you didn't need extra stress. Cudos to Danielle for figuring it out. I hope she is able to do fall semester or whatever works best for her.

:welcome: Thank you for coming out of luckdom and for thinking of us. I think everyone is having lots of extra stress now. Danielle is feeling pretty loss right now. Everything feels so surreal.

How awful! I'm sorry, Vanessa.

Thanks you!:hug:

I hadn't... but assumed that would be the case.

Looking back it does make sense.

No, but... perhaps speed is of the essence.

To keep as many people safe as possible it really was.

I'm not at all surprised. ::yes::

Going to Disney was meant to help her grow up and so far it looks like it has helped.

I thought of you all when I heard the news. I have friends in the Orlando area if they are desperate I can ask if she can leave some stuff with them.

Thank you! She did end up leaving some hangers and freezer/fridge food. They were able to leave it for donations at the service center at their complex.

I saw that. :(

Facebook is good for getting family updates out.

Sooo happy to hear that!

Thank you! He says he feels better than he did before the attack.

No travel until he can see the cardiologist!

He did end up driving to surprise her in Slidell where she pulled over to meet her roommates parents. He did have Brent with him. He saw the cardiologist yesterday and everything looks good. He still needs a full workup with his primary care but they advised to wait until the virus had slowed down.

That's my hope too. :hug:

Me too.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the scares and curveballs and general craziness life has been throwing your way. I can't even imagine how long these last two weeks must have felt. Thank you for sharing the health scare and Colle Program madness with us all. We're here to listen and offer virtual support. :hug:

Time has flown by, just trying to keep my head above water. I knew my Dis Friends would understand our worries better than anyone else. Thank you everyone for your support!

I also have lots more photos from Danielle to share.

So glad Dennis is doing okay now....how scary and stressful! Thank goodness Danielle is on her way home. While my heart breaks for all those young people on their DCP, it was definitely the right decision to shut everything down. Stay safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. :hug:

Thank you!

Looking back it was the best decision for everyone. When I look at the big picture this is just small potatoes. I just finished reading a book that featured the siege of Leningrad. What we are going through is nothing compared to that.

So glad to hear that Danielle stepped up. It is a proud moment to have your kids be all grown up! I assume she is home by now? It was alot to take in with everything closing last week. I am sure it will be a huge relief to have her home!

Facebook is good for getting family updates out.

It sure is. Glad we have that tool available.

Thank you! He says he feels better than he did before the attack.

I'm sure he does!! Now his heart is getting the oxygen it needs and can work more efficiently!

He did end up driving to surprise her in Slidell where she pulled over to meet her roommates parents. He did have Brent with him. He saw the cardiologist yesterday and everything looks good. He still needs a full workup with his primary care but they advised to wait until the virus had slowed down.

So good to hear this! I'm glad things are looking so much better for him.

So glad to hear that Danielle stepped up. It is a proud moment to have your kids be all grown up! I assume she is home by now? It was alot to take in with everything closing last week. I am sure it will be a huge relief to have her home!

We're happy & relieved to have her here, but her heart is still in WDW. She's one of the many unemployed now. Not many jobs out there and for now she's staying home to make sure she doesn't spread anything.

It sure is. Glad we have that tool available.

It's great for sharing information but can also be a curse.

I'm sure he does!! Now his heart is getting the oxygen it needs and can work more efficiently!

His blood pressure is much better too.

So good to hear this! I'm glad things are looking so much better for him.

He's feeling better now we live the thin line of waiting to see if he keeps his job. He works in the food industry. They are closing stores right and left. It's a very scary time for all.

We're happy & relieved to have her here, but her heart is still in WDW. She's one of the many unemployed now. Not many jobs out there and for now she's staying home to make sure she doesn't spread anything.

It's great for sharing information but can also be a curse.

His blood pressure is much better too.

He's feeling better now we live the thin line of waiting to see if he keeps his job. He works in the food industry. They are closing stores right and left. It's a very scary time for all.
Thinking of you all xx

So how is everybody doing? Are you working from home? Are you still working? Are you "essential" and still driving to work everyday?

I started working from home on Tuesday. I'm thankful to still be working but I miss my co-workers. Danielle has been home for over a week now and still has not finished unpacking. She is really dragging it out. She hasn't applied for a job anywhere yet. I want her to self-quarantine for 14 days since she came from an area with so many different people. So far we're doing ok health wise. Louisiana itself has a high rate of infection mostly in the New Orleans area. Mardi Gras was big mistake this year. I'm really glad we did not participate. I feel so sorry for everyone that is battling the virus.

It doesn't look like anyone will be going to Disney in the near future. I still haven't cancelled our Easter reservations. I'm waiting until Disney announces that they are still going to be closed. It's time to get back to getting the trip report going so we can remember the fun times.

Playing with Toys. . .

It was finally time to get out first glimpse of Toy Story Land. We were all excited except for JP, he was asleep.

We entered TSL from the main entrance and it was so welcoming.

Everything is so bright and colorful and there is just so much to see. The Christmas decorations gave us ever more to see. I was really sad JP was missing out.

Our first sighting of Slinky Dog!

We made our way to TSMM, we had a FP for 1-2.

Once we parked the stroller we woke JP up so he wouldn't miss his first ride of the trip. If you look hard you can see his arm in the side of this picture. He was looking at everything and pointing. He loves the Toy Story movies. It was so much for him to take in.

As we got closer he woke up and was ready to play.

JP rode with me and Dennis and Danielle rode together.

I'm not sure how much of the ride he understood but he seemed to have fun. My score is horrible but I did try to help him some and he did score some.

Dennis and Danielle did better.

Continued . . .

Toys continued...

As we left the ride we entered the small dump shop and learned that JP had inherited his mother's love of shopping. He wanted to look at everything! And of course wanted everything too. We made it out without a purchase but his love of "shopping" was repeated everywhere we went.

I took some quick photos with my phone as we exited.

Once again Dennis is telling me to hurry.

We passed the Aliens as we headed to I guess what is considered the back entrance to Galaxy Edge.

We had the Fastpass for later that was given to us when I purchased my annual pass so we didn't have that 40 minute wait.

It was time to see Galaxy Edge for the first time. We just wanted to look around and get a feel for it. We knew we would be spending a lot of time here later in the trip. I have to say the details are amazing! As we walked through we saw more and more. I felt very lost and we did not see all the different areas.

I loved seeing all the Storm Troopers harassing everyone.

We came upon Rey working on her fighter.

JP was really enjoying everything too. He loves seeing the Bad Guys.

We passed by the entrance of Rise on our way out. We needed to make our way to Frozen Sing A Long.

After spending more time there later in the week I realized how much we missed on our first walk through. It really was a beautiful day to get our first taste. I guess it doesn't really help that I have no sense of direction. It doesn't take much for me to get lost especially in DHS.

Up next is Frozen.

Last edited:
Thank you!

How are you and your family doing?
We are doing ok. My 2 sons and husband are all working/studying at home which took a bit of planning logistically but they’ve all got their own space now. Unfortunately that means I’ve either got my bedroom ( which does have a tv at least) or the garden for most of the day which is ok if the weather cooperates and is at least dry. Last night everyone here, countrywide, went outside the front of their houses at 8pm and clapped and cheered to show their support for all the frontline workers. It was quite emotional to see/hear everyone coming together z( while still being socially distant). Hope you are all doing ok and that Denis is recovering well. Must be tough for Danielle to be home so soon. I feel for her and hope she gets to go back soon.
Jp looks like he was loving his time at HS. Too funny that he has inherited Michelle’s love of shopping 😂

Last edited:
So how is everybody doing? Are you working from home? Are you still working? Are you "essential" and still driving to work everyday?
I'm essential so still driving to work, although hours of work and procedures have changed.
I want her to self-quarantine for 14 days since she came from an area with so many different people.
That's a very good idea.
So far we're doing ok health wise. Louisiana itself has a high rate of infection mostly in the New Orleans area.
I'd heard about that and was surprised, but...
Mardi Gras was big mistake this year.
… yeah, that'd do it I guess. I don't think anyone realized at that time quite what the impact would be.
It doesn't look like anyone will be going to Disney in the near future.
Nope. :sad1:
I haven't cancelled our June trip, but... it's sure not looking very good right now.
We were all excited except for JP, he was asleep.
He's obviously very "meh" about it.

:rolleyes:
Everything is so bright and colorful and there is just so much to see.
::yes::
He was looking at everything and pointing. He loves the Toy Story movies. It was so much for him to take in.
:laughing: This is great!
My score is horrible but I did try to help him some and he did score some.
Nice you tried to help him. And glad he had fun!
As we left the ride we entered the small dump shop and learned that JP had inherited his mother's love of shopping.
Uh, oh!!!
Once again Dennis is telling me to hurry.
:laughing: Love that shot.
I have to say the details are amazing!
::yes::
I loved seeing all the Storm Troopers harassing everyone.
That's one of the great parts about the area. I sure hope they don't lose that.

Hi! Finally made it over here! It has been a crazy year and I took a "break" from the Dis! I am so sorry to hear about Danielle's abrupt end to the DCP. I can only imagine how sad she must be. Not doing DCP is one of my collegiate regrets, but cant change it so not worrying about it. We found out in January RIGHT before our DCL cruise that we are expecting a baby! So the CV has really made me anxious. Both my husband and I are thankfully able to work from home, but in a time that should be exciting, it is just so uncertain. We are also trying to sell and buy a house so it is all a bit much. We are putting our lives in Fates hands right now.

I am really enjoying your trip report! I keep thinking about taking our baby girl for the first time! It is so much fun seeing Disney through the eyes of a toddler. Everything is new and real to them! Please keep writing! It definitely keeps up morale!

It doesn't look like anyone will be going to Disney in the near future. I still haven't cancelled our Easter reservations. I'm waiting until Disney announces that they are still going to be closed. It's time to get back to getting the trip report going so we can remember the fun times.
I haven't cancelled yet for July although I don't know when our border will open to non essential travel again. I am trying to stay hopeful.
I teach kindergarten an all our schools are closed so I am at home. Our school board is working on how online learning will work, especially for our kindergarten babies!
I'm not sure how much of the ride he understood but he seemed to have fun. My score is horrible but I did try to help him some and he did score some.
Too cute! I love TSMM but am SO bad at it.

We are doing ok. My 2 sons and husband are all working/studying at home which took a bit of planning logistically but they’ve all got their own space now. Unfortunately that means I’ve either got my bedroom ( which does have a tv at least) or the garden for most of the day which is ok if the weather cooperates and is at least dry

Everyone needs their space. I'm lucky, my computer is set up in what use to Brent's bedroom. It's now my craft/office.

Last night everyone here, countrywide, went outside the front of their houses at 8pm and clapped and cheered to show their support for all the frontline workers. It was quite emotional to see/hear everyone coming together z( while still being socially distant)

I love this!!! It's is so scary for the people working on the frontline.

Hope you are all doing ok and that Denis is recovering well. Must be tough for Danielle to be home so soon. I feel for her and hope she gets to go back soon.

Dennis is still healing. He gets tired easier but overall feels better. Have Danielle home is different. She has settled into a funk. I hope they can get the kids back soon too. It would also mean we're all doing better and the virus is gone.

Jp looks like he was loving his time at HS. Too funny that he has inherited Michelle’s love of shopping 😂

He did enjoy the park but I think the rides and the shopping were his favorite part.

I'm essential so still driving to work, although hours of work and procedures have changed.

Everything is changing everyday.

yeah, that'd do it I guess. I don't think anyone realized at that time quite what the impact would be.

That's what the Governor keeps saying.

Nope. :sad1:
I haven't cancelled our June trip, but... it's sure not looking very good right now.

Well Disney seems to think they will be open by June 1st. They're offering free dining is you had a package that was cancelled due to the closure.

Uh, oh!!!

We all know how many opportunities he would have @ Disney to shop.

That's one of the great parts about the area. I sure hope they don't lose that.

Me too. It's so fun.

Hi! Finally made it over here!

:welcome:So happy to have you here!

It has been a crazy year and I took a "break" from the Dis!

I can understand that. I've taken breaks before too, but it's nice to come back.

I am so sorry to hear about Danielle's abrupt end to the DCP. I can only imagine how sad she must be. Not doing DCP is one of my collegiate regrets, but cant change it so not worrying about it.

Awww, thank you. She's pretty bummed too but also does a real good job remembering the good times. I think Michelle regrets not doing the DCP too. But you have to take a semester off from school and she did not want to extend her time in college.

We found out in January RIGHT before our DCL cruise that we are expecting a baby! So the CV has really made me anxious. Both my husband and I are thankfully able to work from home, but in a time that should be exciting, it is just so uncertain.
Congrats!!!! How exciting!
These are very scary times but a baby means hope for the future. I'm sorry this takes away from your expecting. I keep thinking of all the events that have been effected by this. Think of all the weddings and graduation events.

We are also trying to sell and buy a house so it is all a bit much. We are putting our lives in Fates hands right now.

That is hard. I work in insurance and I'm waiting to hear if the 2 closing we have for tomorrow will go through. All any of us is hope and pray.

I am really enjoying your trip report! I keep thinking about taking our baby girl for the first time! It is so much fun seeing Disney through the eyes of a toddler. Everything is new and real to them! Please keep writing! It definitely keeps up morale!

We love seeing Disney through the eyes of a child at all the different ages. I'm going to keep writing because I love reliving the memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter