• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Tale of Two Trippies Rolled into One

Sad to see your TR end :( and sad that the girls aren't on speaking terms. It is tough to be a teenager...I was one once and I raised 5 of them :lmao:

Loved your pics of the castle the last night...so pretty! and the pic of the duck - how cute! Where did you find bird food to feed it? I always feel so bad not being able to feed the birds when I visit but don't know where to buy any (one lady scolded me for feeding one food when I really didn't...the bread crumbs were already there.) I would love to be a Disney duck. What a great place to live :)

Why yes, I did just read your entire TR in one shot. ::yes::

I'm sorry that Victoria wasn't feeling it this trip, it's tough when the person you are with isn't enjoying it as much as you are! I'm sad to hear that Kali and Victoria's friendship has gone downhill as well. :worried: Being a teenager is hard! I sure don't miss that. I hope that eventually they'll be able to come back together.

You certainly had some adventures! Ducks! Almost missing planes, random chicken tangents... :rotfl:

I'm glad you've booked a September trip, and I hope it works out better for you!

What a day! It started with a delicious breakfast, threw in a few corny jokes and ended with a tornado warning. Wow!

I hate to read that the girls aren't friends any more. As you said, it's rare that a friendship will dissolve because of one person's opinion/attitude/behavior. Hopefully, both girls will learn from it and possible reconcile their friendship. Like you said, I wouldn't want to go back to my teenage years. :sad2:

Yay for having another trip planned and coming up so soon!

Yeah, we don't have many tornadoes in Maine. Maybe 2 per year in the summer, usually more north than me and they are maybe an F-1 if that! I've seen damage of two of them in recent years and it's amazing. I've also seen what straight-line winds can do. Mother Nature can certainly be cruel when she wants to.

I'm pretty sad about Kali and Victoria, but there's nothing I can do about it. Just listen when Victoria wants to talk about it. She's definitely heartbroken, but she has lots of things coming up such as driver's ed :scared1: :scared1: and she's applied for a couple of part time jobs. Her cousin Emily is staying with my Mom this summer (she's a sophomore in college and working closer to Augusta than her home in Biddeford, so she stays with Mom during the week and goes home to Biddeford on the weekends) so Victoria will get to spend some time with Emily, too. I think all those things will help Victoria through this period in her life. At least I hope so. She just had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and even with this latest event, her depression and anxiety seem to be doing ok......at least no thoughts of self-harm which is good. Now she's been put on a different medication for her acne, so that will help her self-esteem, too. She's also starting to go to the Y with Emily in the evenings. I just feel bad as she takes after me in her weight issues.....she's 4'10" and 177lbs. She'll never get any taller due to the tumor, but we can help her to lose some weight.
So, by now you are on your trip! Can't wait to read all about it when you get home.

Wow, I didn't know they closed the airport for that either?? Maybe it's an Orlando thing, I don't think they are used to tornados down there very often.

I'm so sorry about Kali and Vic. Savannah has not been through that (hopefully she won't!) but I remember it happening to me when I was a young teen. I do think we made up eventually, I hope that is the case for Victoria too! :(

I'm so excited you guys are going back and SO happy that Victoria realized it was the Spring Break crowds and not Disney! WOOT! :cool1:

Bring on the next pretrip report!!!!! :woohoo:

Really??? You want me to do yet another trip report? Aren’t you sick of hearing about me, my family and my planning? :rolleyes2 Although we are throwing a concert by Little Mix into the plans…..oh I should probably start one just do give you the details on that, huh? I may be persuaded…..:crowded:

As for Kali and Vic, things are still very cool, but for the first time today they had a civil conversation about ducks and how both of them will be at the Poultry Swap tomorrow morning….so, maybe there’s some hope?? Again, it’s all about the ducks, huh? (so, why does the Dis have a snail smiley and not a DUCK smiley?? That's just not right!!)

Boooooo- report is over!!!!

And how scary with that tornado! Yikes!!!

Sorry about Victoria and Kali. It is hard to be a teenager. I remember some of those friendships lost- usually over very stupid things when you look back at it......

Maybe they will reconcile in wee bit of time after emotions die down.....

So exciting about the Sept. trip though! Woo!!!:cool1:

I know, I know, the report is over but just think, I still have over 400 pictures left to scrapbook! Ugh! I do have a crop to go to next Saturday, so you know what I’ll be working on, right? OH, I am soooo excited about September! Remember how depressed I was thinking I wasn’t going back? It’s just been such a rough couple of months since we’ve been home. It’s bound to get better.

Sad to see your TR end :( and sad that the girls aren't on speaking terms. It is tough to be a teenager...I was one once and I raised 5 of them :lmao:

Loved your pics of the castle the last night...so pretty! and the pic of the duck - how cute! Where did you find bird food to feed it? I always feel so bad not being able to feed the birds when I visit but don't know where to buy any (one lady scolded me for feeding one food when I really didn't...the bread crumbs were already there.) I would love to be a Disney duck. What a great place to live :)

Oh, thank you for reading along. I know I’m not supposed to feed the ducks, but we usually had crackers to feed them and their little faces just beg for food and it would break my heart to disappoint them. We are huge bird fans and it makes us miss our chickens at home that much more. If I really wanted to bring actual food for the ducks, I'm sure I could bring in some chicken food!! ::yes::

Why yes, I did just read your entire TR in one shot. ::yes::

I'm sorry that Victoria wasn't feeling it this trip, it's tough when the person you are with isn't enjoying it as much as you are! I'm sad to hear that Kali and Victoria's friendship has gone downhill as well. :worried: Being a teenager is hard! I sure don't miss that. I hope that eventually they'll be able to come back together.

You certainly had some adventures! Ducks! Almost missing planes, random chicken tangents... :rotfl:

I'm glad you've booked a September trip, and I hope it works out better for you!

Yep, another glutton for punishment who decided to read my entire report in one setting. So I suppose it’s a good thing that I don’t have many readers so there weren’t a huge amount of comments you had to read through, huh? And you forgot about the tornado adventure as well. Yes, every trip seems to have something that happens --- good or bad. Something that can be laughed about afterwards……

Yep, another glutton for punishment who decided to read my entire report in one setting. So I suppose it’s a good thing that I don’t have many readers so there weren’t a huge amount of comments you had to read through, huh? And you forgot about the tornado adventure as well. Yes, every trip seems to have something that happens --- good or bad. Something that can be laughed about afterwards……

I'm not sure I'd say glutton for punishment. ;) Tornado... very scary. I would not have been a happy camper, AT ALL! I'd have already been a mess about having to catch the next DME! I'm so glad it worked out though!

Oh, thank you for reading along. I know I’m not supposed to feed the ducks, but we usually had crackers to feed them and their little faces just beg for food and it would break my heart to disappoint them. We are huge bird fans and it makes us miss our chickens at home that much more. If I really wanted to bring actual food for the ducks, I'm sure I could bring in some chicken food!! ::yes::

I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything bad about what I said! I have fed cracker crumbs to the ducks too and can't stand not to feed them. I thought maybe you brought some duck food. I was sitting at Epcot on my last trip a few years ago and these ducks were surrounding me as I was eating french fries and a lady came over scolding me saying that's why the birds won't leave her along. Right then a bird swooped down and grabbed a french fry out of my container :rotfl2:

OK, I know I am bad now… I just looked at the date of your last update and realized it was two months ago! Sorry I haven’t commented before now! To answer your question, a five-head is a forehead that is larger than usual! :lmao: Get it? “four” head? Five-head? I have a five-head! :rotfl: Oh, and thanks for the tip about the Cowboy side! Anyway, back to your trip. That was a cute little story about the straws and I am glad Victoria liked her birthday cake at Tony’s! What a great interaction with Gaston! The picture of you two is great! Your tie dye turned out awesome! And that is a beautiful color combination! It looks like you had a really good time on your last day at MK.

A tornado warning! Thank goodness Victoria was able to help out with the travel arrangements. I’m glad you made it home safely. I’m sorry to hear that Victoria and Kali are no longer friends. That is really tough and I hope that Victoria is handling it OK. I am with you – I would never want to re-live being a teenager! I hope that the two of them can get past whatever issues they may have had and become friends again. It seemed like they were really close.

I am glad you had a good trip overall, though, and I am so happy to hear that you are going back in September! I hope the crowds are much better then! Now, I’m off to read your new PTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter