• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Ton! Of reservations just opened up Nov-Dec!

So far they haven’t deleted reservations where I modified the time slightly, and 2 others that were new for me. 5 other new ones from Tuesday were deleted.

I have to imagine a lot of it comes down to things we can’t see. Who modified opening up times? Who made completely new reservations that never should’ve existed? Who made new ones during times that were now open because of modifications? What time did people book these? Who was first, second, third, etc for a newly available time because of a modification. The specifics will never be known to us I guess.

I wasn't even making modificiations on ADRs...my booking window actually started on that day. They canceled all 10 reservations including my Droid Dept one! I did get the $25 gift cards but the reservations were more important imo. I got some of them back but at very random times, but probably won't get topolinos, Chef Mickey's or Sci-Fi. Sigh.

I wasn't even making modificiations on ADRs...my booking window actually started on that day. They canceled all 10 reservations including my Droid Dept one! I did get the $25 gift cards but the reservations were more important imo. I got some of them back but at very random times, but probably won't get topolinos, Chef Mickey's or Sci-Fi. Sigh.

depending on when you are going - thanksgiving week had a TON of droid depot reservations open as of last night.

I'm so sorry, how frustrating.

Did you get a $25 gift card per cancellation or just one for all of them?

Two of my reservations I modified the time and were cancelled- Hollywood & Vine (I only moved it from 2:30 to 3:40!) and Beaches and Cream from 8:45 to 8:05. Ughhh, lost both. The other one was a new time and cancelled the other for Napoli. I was able to get a lunch for that day but not sure if I'll keep it, the whole idea was having a place to chill out for dinner but we'll see. Sci-Fi was a new one so not a huge loss, just a bummer since it's our first WDW trip and some of these restaurants were top of the list (usually we're Disneyland folks) but oh well. My other reservations that I didn't mess with that day are still there and untouched, thankfully. We leave a week from today and this pre-trip stress and anxiety is definitely not a magical way to start a vacation lol!

I set up new finders on TP so fingers crossed... That 24 hour cancellation window tends to turn up new ones so don't forget that part for those of us going within the next week or two. I'll have my eye out checking while we're there too.

I know they are allowed to operate without capacity restrictions. However, are these two actually allowing 100% capacity? If so, then I might cancel Homecomin'.
We were just there Monday-Thursday this week. We went to Boathouse on Tuesday. Asked to sit outside, which was fine. But within 5 minutes of seating us in a mainly empty area, the proceeded to seat EVERY single table surrounding us. And tables were only about 3 feet separated. We got up and walked out and went to Blaze Pizza instead, which does have stickers on tables both inside and out marking them as ineligible for seating due to social distancing.

To add insult to injury 3 cancellations still no gift cards.

BTW these were all modifications of existing reservations.

My son and his girlfriend are going next week. Two out of three of the reservations he made during the glitch were canceled without notice this morning. About an hour after the cancellation, he received an email from Disney apologizing for the error and telling him he will receive a $25 e-gift card. The reservation he made for Art Smith’s Homecomin’ still shows up in his account. We shall see what happens with that one.

Same here got my cancellation emails for 3 of our reservations, and no gift cards. I wonder if the gift cards are sent at a later time. A bit disappointed because we just modified our existing reservations to better times, now we have lost it all. Oh well, we will find other places to eat.

I am on the phone with them now. Not happy at all. We made reservations for our 20th anniversary and cancelled the reservations for the same restaurants the day before because we got them for our actual anniversary day. So now we don't have a reservation at all at Cali Grill or Chef Mickeys.

The wording in the cancellation email states that a GC will be sent later.

"you will be receiving a $25 digital Disney Gift Card sent by Disney Gift Card Services"

No gift cards sent to me either, checked my spam too. Did anyone actually receive them yet? Did we get a confirmation you get just ONE per person or ONE per cancelled reservation? They're coming from a different department so I imagine it might be later. But hopefully not too much later.... especially for those of us that will be in WDW within the week. :sad2:

Still have my Homecoming one. I found a Sanaa yesterday that I booked as a backup. Friends are moving to Orlando, so I am meeting them for dinner. I had only made 1 new and hadn’t modified anything. I had pretty much got what I wanted for Thanksgiving week, because I am arriving the Thursday before. Plus we are actually eating at Universal on Thanksgiving.

No gift cards sent to me either, checked my spam too. Did anyone actually receive them yet? Did we get a confirmation you get just ONE per person or ONE per cancelled reservation? They're coming from a different department so I imagine it might be later. But hopefully not too much later.... especially for those of us that will be in WDW within the week. :sad2:

the email literally says $25 and it says it on every reservation cancellation email - it's per reservation. not per person.

the email literally says $25 and it says it on every reservation cancellation email - it's per reservation. not per person.

Oh mine do too. I’m just feeling pessimistic they’d be that generous. Think about how much money that would cost them. Fingers crossed tho...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter