• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Very Magical Dream for DH and Me - **photo of DH with goodies pg 4

ArmyWife3-4

DIS Veteran
Today, as we were spending our last few hours at Epcot before heading back to POFQ to catch the Magical Express, I was given the most special, heartwarming dream I could have been given. :hug: :cloud9: (and of course...my camera would be out of battery at this point in the trip...)

We were at Epcot for rope drop to catch one last ride on Soarin' and Living with the Land before ending our trip, when I had a great conversation with a DT CM right outside of Soarin'. Knowing that we were getting ready to leave, I didn't expect anything special. He wished me a happy anniversary, and we got to talking about how long DH and I had been married and where we were from. As we continued out conversation, it came up that his wife was also from Michigan not far from where I am from. He and his wife had also come to WDW for their honeymoon. We also got to talk about DH being in the Army and deploying much earlier than we planned so he missed our first anniversary and the WDW anniversary trip. I told him my parents and cousins came instead and we were having a great time, but of course missing DH.

He asked what DH's favorite ride was and I told him the Safari and that DH wanted to drive one of the truck someday. We talked all about DH's first trip for our honeymoon and what a magical trip that was for us.

He then asked me if I sent a lot of care package to DH. I told him about DH's pre-Disney trip package with letters for each day we were in the parks, trivia books to keep him involved, a Cars pillowcase, a poncho and other random things. He then said, 'well, what if we put together something to send to him?' I was thinking maybe they'd get a hat or a postcard, right? He took my name, DH's name, and our resort and asked when we planned to leave the park. I then explained that we'd be leaving WDW that day and we had to leave by 11:30. He told me to stop by guest relations around 11:30 and he'd try to put something together for us.

I left thinking perhaps there would be something waiting at Guest Relations, but WOW was I in for a surprise! :scared1:

It was pouring rain so I poked my head into Guest Relations only to see a long line I had to wait in to get to the desk. Before I knew what hit me, I heard the same DT CM say, 'That's here! There she is!' There were 5 DT CM's and a manager there waiting for me. I was in shock! The CM's were from throughout Epcot, including the CM in the WDW commercial who blows the pixie dust near the castle.

They all began talking about how much our story touched them and how they were so proud of what DH was doing and were impressed by the courage it took both of us to go through this. Well, of course at this point, my mom and I are both crying and even one of the CM's was crying. One of the CM's even began reciting the Safari going through it step by step because they knew it was DH's favorite ride.

They then proceeded to open up an entire bag full of goodies to send to DH. Now these weren't ordinary, ho-hum souvenirs. They took the time to walk through the store and find things DH could really use. They send an etch-a-sketch for when he's bored, a leather Mickey journal, a back scratcher, shortbread cookies, Disney pens, picture frames, a patriotic Mickey antenna topper, and lots of other goodies.

I was shocked! It meant so very much to me and to DH. What an amazing way to not only end our trip but to include DH too. WOW WOW WOW!:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

After everyone had hugged me and my parents, the manager with them said, "My husband goes out of town on business a lot, but next time he does, I'm just going to say to mysend, 'fifteen...'" (since DH is deployed for 15 months). WOW! :cloud9: She also gave me her card and asked me to contact her when DH and I come back either for his R and R or when he comes home for good.

I was just floored by the outpouring of emotion, concern, and genuine caring from the Dream Team....Just WOW! That's all I can say...

What a truly magical moment....:hug: :hug: :hug: DH couldn't even believe it when he called this afternoon. He never expected to be the one winning a dream!!!

What a beautiful story! My eyes teared up a bit too...I'm sorry your DH wasn't able to join you on your trip. Thanks to you and your family for the wonderful service you are all doing. Much pixiedust to you and yours. I hope he gets to drive the safari truck one day!

So sorry that your husband wasn't on that special trip. (My husband is a former marine so I understand a bit about them being away during a war. :sad1:) But it sounds like such a wonderful gift the DT gave you-very touching! It is priceless to you & your family. I hope through all your tears you were able to get some good pictures. Please remember to thank your husband for what he does-his sacrifices make it possible for us to enjoy being able to go to the happiest place on earth-or any other place we may enjoy going! God Bless!:flower3:

WOW!!! What a beautiful thing for them to do for you and your husband both. I am in awe of the generosity, both of the CM's and you and your hubby...it is not easy, but it sounds like you are making the best of it. :hug:

What a great and beautiful way to end your trip. I am so gald that your ending was about giving to our men in service for our country and a family who misses him so much. Thank you for letting us know and thank you for you Dh and your service to the U.S.A. to keep us safe , espeically during these times of trials and tribulations. Thank you and congratulations!!!!

What a great story! It makes me so happy to hear stories like this. Genuine joy and compassion from people that you don't even know - and in the most magical place in the world!

:grouphug:

Ok, my eyes welled up reading your story! What a wonderful and very magical thing. I'm very sorry that your DH wasn't with you during your trip and I hope he is back with you soon, healthy and happy.

Thank your DH for me please.

Wow,

What a great story. Having served 21 years in the Air Force I know how hard deployments can be. It was great that Disney did this for him. I wish him a safe journey and hopefully quick return.

That's truly special! I read some of your posts before you went...what a wonderful gift for you and DH! Send him best wishes from all of us!:)

A million thanks to your husband, yourself and your whole family for all that you do to protect us. :grouphug:

Please know that the Dream Team has the power to make happen what so many of us wish we could do for you everyday. I'm so glad they were able to make such wonderful memories for your trip!

Be sure to take them up on their offer the next time you return - you deserve all the magical thanks they can give you! :goodvibes

Oh that was so cool.
Thanks for sharing such a special moment and please send our thanks to your hubby for what he does for our country!

Just took a photo of all the wonderful things we were given to send to DH. I am still in shock that this even happened to us!! What a blessing!!!:goodvibes

IMG_0898.jpg

How incredibly awesome!! :goodvibes
From a former Army wife to a current one, your DH is an amazing person
we thank them every day. And I pray he comes come safe and sound real soon
Sending you a great big hug :hug:

That is one of the best dreams I have heard of. What a great experience for you and your DH. I wish you both the best!

What a wonderful dream! I am so happy for you and your DH!

THAT is totally awesome!!! Thanks for making my mascara smear all over my face!!!

Seriously, thanks to your DH and your entire family for his devotion to our Country. May God keep him safe.

Wow! That tops them all!
Thanks so much to you and to your hubby for sacrificing so much for all of us!
Sooooo glad you were given this wonderful dream!

What an amazing gift from the DT! I hope your DH enjoys it all. My thoughts and prayers are with the both of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter