• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Very Magical Dream for DH and Me - **photo of DH with goodies pg 4

I loved this story! I support our troops and their families-without them we wouldn't have the freedoms that we do. If you would please give me his units mailing addres-i would love to send a letter and a care package. We wish him the best and hope for a safe return!:wizard:

My husband and I were married in 1990 a month before the Gulf War. Because our wedding had been planned for over a year, the Air Force let my husband fly out for the ceremony and then fly right back because his Squadron was deployed to Iraq. The opening night of the war, his Squadron expected 50% losses. They all came back safe. He came home to a heros welcome and even a ticker tape parade in NYC. I look at todays reception that our men and women get when they return from Iraq/Afghanistan and I weep. Hearing your story has made my day and my husbands day. Disney has renewed the magic for me---what an awesome CM to make such a difference in your day/life. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband. Keep safe and keep the faith!

It really is crazy to see how things change, isn't it?

It does warm my heart so much to see everyone response on the DIS! You are all such wonderful people, and everyone has provided such an immense outpouring of support and prayers from such an unexpected place. Just knowing that gestures and prayers are coming from the heart for DH and me are comfort enough that people support what he does.:goodvibes

On a side note, I send this link to my mom and she was in tears reading about the wonderful things you all had to say about DH...:hug:

:cool1: I'm so happy for both you and your husband for such a great thank you from the DT. You and other families like you deserve so much more than can ever be given for what you deal with on a daily basis.

I'm Canadian but even with that I appreciate all that our soldiers (US & Canadian) do each and every day to allow us to remain safe and free.

Thank you for sharing your story! What a wonderful dream for you and your dh! May God bless you and your family and keep your dh safe until he returns to you!

Awesome! Thanks to you and your DH for all your sacrafices- I know it is difficult to be seperated from your spouse. You are in my prayers. :earsboy:

thank you for sharing your story with us...and thank your husband and your family for the freedom we have in our country because of him....

Thanks so much to your husband for what he's doing.
Disney is so magical, I teared up reading that story. How touching!

What a magical surprise you received. pixiedust: We will keep you and your hubby in our prayers. :angel:

How wonderful for you! Congrats on your anniversary. Thanks to your DH. I started tearing up just reading your experience. You are to be commended for the sacrifice you both are making in your lives. My DH travels a lot for business and on the 13th consecutive week I was a crying mess. You are an inspiration to me. I too will remember 15 to give me strength. Thanks to all of the brave men and women with your DH protecting what we believe in as Americans! Go Disney for recognizing such heros.

I woke up to an email from DH saying he got the care package, and he LOVED it!!! :lovestruc Just thought I'd put the photo up here for you all to see! :)

Andrewwithcarepackage-edit.jpg

Doesn't he look like a little kid at Christmas??? :rotfl: Thank you Disney Dream Squad for making DH's day!!!

And thanks again for all of your kinds words of encouragement and thanks. Wow! You all have blown me away! :hug: :blush:

He does look like a kid at Christmas. Ahh that's so cute and amazing that Disney did that!

thank you for sharing the picture with us:goodvibes and thank him for us for serving our country:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter