• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Very Magical Dream for DH and Me - **photo of DH with goodies pg 4

Wow! How wonderful and emotional for you and your family too! I'm all choked up..... so wonderful just to enjoy thier good vibes!! But can't help but start to wonder - what might they do for you on the return trip?? :goodvibes

Cant be said enough..... THANK YOU!!!! Everyone in my house supports the troops and keeps all of them in our prayers. We also support the wives and families left behind waiting patiently. You have an equally as tough job....just in a different way. I always get teary when seeing our military men and women ....means so much to me.

This is a "feel-good" story! Tell your DH thank you for his service to our country and that he definitely deserved such a special treat!

What a great story!!! That is amazing, thank you for sharing!! It is nice to know that there are good people out there

I am in tears here reading your story. What a wonderful thing to do for you and your dh!! I loved the picture of your dh - he's so cute! And, yes, kid at Christmas is exactly the look.

God bless you and your dh!! Please thank him from a very grateful family in MI!!! (And thank you for your sacrifice!)

Wow, wow, wow!

Thank your dear husband for the sacrifice he's making to making freedom for the Iraqi's and thank you for being such a wonderful wife for him.

It's so great to hear Disney making such magic for our service people.

Made me feel great that Disney took care of someone serving their country. WTG Disney. Presents from the happiest place on Earth when you are in a less than pretty place.

Wow, what a great story!!! First let me say "THANK YOU" to you and your husband. I couldn't even imagine having to go through what you must go through. My prayers are with you and your husband. Second, I have to say that's why we love Disney so much, for the little things that they can do to brighten someones day. A lot of people don't understand how wonderful it is to be there, but my family and I do and will keep going back.

Congratulations to you and your husband and to many more anniversaries!!!

Utterly fantastic. Blessings to you and your family. I want that backscratcher!

I just found this and it was beautiful to read. I am sorry that he was not able to be with you but I know he was in your heart and glad Disney made it that much more special.
My DH was in the Army, and while he intended on being in for life, he had to get out early (he is a party disabled Vet of the Gulf War). I truly appreciate your sacrafice and that of your husband, I know if circumstances were different, I would be in your shoes now. We kind of "lucked out" if you will, our biggest milestone, the birth of our first daughter, he almost missed but in the end was lucky enough to be there for it. His unit deployed to Bosnia, I, 9 month pregnant, said my goodbye and off he went. I went home and cried and cried, scared for him, sad he would miss her being born, and scared to death to go through it alone. A couple hours later, he came home. I was stunned. The general decided he needed someone to stay back and work on the computers (my DH's specialty). He chose DH, to stay back and work with him for a few days. I was already past my due date, so I was thinking I'd be ok, have the baby soon and he wouldn't miss it. In the few days, no baby, I was getting nervous. I asked to be induced, they said yes, when I reached a month past my due date. DH would never have asked to stay longer (he felt he needed to be whereever the general told him to be), but the general said he needed to stay and work with him until the baby was delivered safely, (I don't know how we lucked out to get such a blessing, but what an amazing gift.) He was thinking it would be hours or a couple days maybe. I held onto my DD for a full extra month. She was born exactly a month after he due date. They would joke that I was going to hold onto the baby till the confict was over to keep DH home, though the truth is I knew he wanted to get with his unit, you know, that torn feeling. Anyway, I had DD, we almost lost her during the delivery, it was a terrifying experience and I am so incredibly greatful that I was not alone for it, which I would have been. He stayed a few days as I had a c-section (over 10 lb baby) and then was off to join his unit. I am so fortunate and greatful to that general for keeping DH behind and so greatful that he had the added skill that the general needed. It was a very difficult time and I would have been a mess to have to do it alone. I give credit to all the women who do it, especially those who did it alone (no family) as I would ahve had to. It sounds like you are blessed to have a great family, and I hope that helps you even though it would be easier not to ahve to go through this.
God bless your family, his service and your service is greatly appreciated. Wishing your husband a safe return and a magical R&R break...

I just had the chance to read your trip report and wanted to say thank you to your husband and yourself for the sacrifices you have made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter