• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***ABC Holiday Specials: Taping Begins November 3rd

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
Updated 11/02:

***Park taping schedule as posted by multiple sites:

• Friday November 3 - Disney's Hollywood Studios: See Post #60; Post #70
  • Saturday November 4 - Disney's Animal Kingdom: See Post #58
Magic Kingdom Schedule Changes - Post #72
  • Sunday November 5 - Magic Kingdom
  • Monday November 6 - Magic Kingdom
  • Tuesday November 7 - Magic Kingdom
See Post #71 for the lineups for the 2 televised shows.

A bit of a change this year from last..........they're using the weekend instead of mucking the parks up during all of Jersey week.

The only day we'll really feel it will be Nov 6th when we're in MK all day. I don't recall but I really hope they don't cancel the FoF parade but I do fear the evening fireworks will be impacted :( At least they're not shooting the parade in WDW........now that mucks things up.

It is what it is.

Doug :goofy:

Great news. It caused so much disruption to our jersey week trip last year. Going the same week this year so hoping it will be just a wee bit calmer.

Few things...

That weekend is also Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend

They will not be taping the parade at WDW this year it seems. I would assume that means the Disneyland parade will be taped instead. Focus will be performances at WDW.

Does this mean the Frozen Holiday Show will start the weekend of Nov. 4?
It’s scheduled to begin November 9th - listed on wdwent.com
*wdwent updated info

Now we know why Frozen Castle Lighting begins later this year. :)

Last edited:
As the filming is for television specials that will air in November as well as in December, it's not just filming for the special that airs on Christmas day.

If we extended our trip one day to include the 3rd (instead of flying out that day) what would we realistically be able to see? Any stars performing etc? That would be cool to see (from a distance I'm sure)... Or is all going to be before and after hours?

We are considering "Jersey Week" for 2018. Can anyone elaborate on how the taping disrupts park touring? Thanks!

what would we realistically be able to see? Any stars performing etc?
Possible, if you're at the right place at the right time.
That would be cool to see (from a distance I'm sure)..
Unless you have a ticket to be in the audience, crowd control will be doing their thing.
Or is all going to be before and after hours?
As posted earlier, some filming will take place when the parks are closed, but a lot will be done when the parks are open. The Filming schedule has not been released yet.

Last edited:
We are considering "Jersey Week" for 2018. Can anyone elaborate on how the taping disrupts park touring? Thanks!
It mainly disrupts the flow of Guest traffic wherever the segment is being taped.

Taping on Main Street and the Castle Stage cancelled out MISI, MRFF, and other shows. FoF ran at 5:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter