After a Sea World Visit, Why Do I Always Feel Like I Never Want To Go Back There?

All rides at SWC open an hour after the park does. It's just how SW runs things. My mom and I go about once a month. Words of advice:
*when they say show up 30 minutes before showtimes, DO IT. If you were to wait any longer, especially at Believe or the SLO show, you will get stuck up at the top of the stadiums.
*always, always, always plan for crowds, even if you go mid-week.
*just have a good time!

I am planning on working at SW soon, so if you have any questions, just shoot me a message. I will be glad to help you, as well as anyone else with questions about SWC, whether it be park questions, questions about the animals (I can name them all and tell you info if wanted...), stuff like that. :)

All rides at SWC open an hour after the park does. It's just how SW runs things. My mom and I go about once a month. Words of advice:
*when they say show up 30 minutes before showtimes, DO IT. If you were to wait any longer, especially at Believe or the SLO show, you will get stuck up at the top of the stadiums.
*always, always, always plan for crowds, even if you go mid-week.
*just have a good time!

I am planning on working at SW soon, so if you have any questions, just shoot me a message. I will be glad to help you, as well as anyone else with questions about SWC, whether it be park questions, questions about the animals (I can name them all and tell you info if wanted...), stuff like that. :)
Thanks. :) As I said in the OP I have not been to SW for 4-5 years. And last time I went Atlantis was open at 9AM. I just wish they said the 10AM thing on their website.

I have the same feeling as the OP. When we moved to the LA area a few years ago we got the SW fun card and were able to go down a few times in one year.

But... I really have no desire to go back. I love animals but they way SW runs things really puts me off.

I hate the food and with a very picky 8 year old dd I find it almost impossible to eat there. We would just eat in our car: breakfast on the way down, lunch as a picnic, and then stop someplace on the way home.

I also really dislike how you have to pay for things after you get in the park. The tower ride really should not cost extra. I get paying for the encounters (feeding the dolphins and that type of thing) but to pay to go on a ride - not worth it in my opinion.

All this being said.. my dd's girl scout troop (which I lead) are working to raise money so the troop can do an overnight there next summer. It seems really cool on paper (as most things do). They get to sleep near the manatees or sharks, have guided nighttime activies, breakfast with Shamu, and then the next day's admission to the park. I am hopping that after all the girls have done to raise the money for this that it is worth it to them. It shouldbe an adventure afterall. But... I am making sure the girls are planning our menus as if we are "camping" because of all the picky eaters.

So knowing I am going there in a year - thats good enough for me.

When I took my family this summer to Sea World I noticed them advertising their Quick Queue. It does cost, I heard someone say that it was around 20 or 30 dollars (I think). From what I remember you have a quick entrance to ride the Wild Arctic, Atlantis, and Rapids throughout the day. I believe you also get one ride on the Tower and Skyride. We did not pay for it, but there was a line of people where they were selling the pass.

We arrived around 11:30 and went straight to Atlantis and got lucky and only waited about 20 minutes. As we got closer to the front of the ride, there were two lines, one on the left and one on the right. Everybody kept going to the left, so my family went to the right and the line was much shorter. A few minutes later a worker was letting people know there were two lines. I noticed Atlantis has something like a parent swap, but I did not ask how it worked.

If you plan ahead you can purchase a showtime picnic at the Believe show. You can only buy tickets for this online and you have a reserved section for the Believe show with a picnic lunch. Again I have not paid for this, but know others who have and had no complaints. They liked where they did not have to wait in line to get a seat into the stadium. Also they had their picnic lunch while watching the show.

We usually eat at the Budweiser Pavilion. Decent food, and nice indoor sitting (outside too). Like Disney prices are a bit high. We have AP's which cuts the cost down.

For the best eats for the $ try the hot dog grill just outside the main gates. They usually run it only during lunch and early afternoon. Much better hot dogs than available inside.

The other great choice is the lunch box with Shamu. Decent lunch and decent reserved seats for the show.

Maybe it is just b/c you don't like Sea World.

I've only been to the one in Florida and each time (all of 2 times) I have gone, I hoep to never go back. My children enjoy it--but I just do not like the park.

The first time, I had untreated anxiety and I wanted to follow the schedule and my husband just wanted to take it easy. I cried b/c i missed the pre-show to Shamu. I am such pathetic dork. The only show I enjoy in Orlando is Pet's Ahoy. I have just accepted that I don't find it entertaining to watch sea life do tricks. I love aquariums though.

I do not enjoy their food either.

Maybe it is just b/c you don't like Sea World.

I've only been to the one in Florida and each time (all of 2 times) I have gone, I hoep to never go back. My children enjoy it--but I just do not like the park.

The first time, I had untreated anxiety and I wanted to follow the schedule and my husband just wanted to take it easy. I cried b/c i missed the pre-show to Shamu. I am such pathetic dork. The only show I enjoy in Orlando is Pet's Ahoy. I have just accepted that I don't find it entertaining to watch sea life do tricks. I love aquariums though.

I do not enjoy their food either.
I liked SW fine before they had rides and before I had kids and had to deal with food issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter