Air travel policy updates

We've had that happen before when going to Miami via YYZ. They asked for anyone doing a connection to Miami (our specific flight) and let us off first and they checked all the boarding passes.

1h15 is quite tight!

They ask those with connections to deplane and others to stay put. Tickets have to be shown. They will not let you leave with this first group unless there is a connection.
Plus they have a list of passengers with connections info, and times.

Good Luck;it doesn't look to good for you.I'd look when the next flight to Vancouver is scheduled.raise a bit of a stink if you miss;depending how long to your next flight they'll pay for accomodations or give you coupons you can use in the airport.AC right? I hope.
There is only one more flight to Vancouver after ours, ours is 9:40pm and the last one is 10:15 I think. I'm not sure that AC would pay for the Sheraton Gateway but it is worth a shot 🤣 AC has 12 direct flights (and several non direct) to Vancouver tomorrow (Sunday) so there is NO excuse not to rebook us for one of those. PITA though :(

DW and I just returned home to Saskatoon from LAX. We connected at YYC. Everything is open in YYC.

Information you may find helpful:
> LAX is an absolute zoo. If you are at all scared of Covid your phobia will be tested as WestJet flights arrive/depart in the same area as Delta Airlines. People on top of people. It was pretty crazy.
> ArriveCan is easy to fill out. Took me less than 10 mins on my iPhone.
> WestJet staff member at check in LAX asks to see your negative tests (print out if you can) and takes your ArriveCan receipt number. He put stickers on our passports to indicate he verified our negative tests.
> Canadian customs only looked at our negative tests. No one cared about vaccination status at any point.
> They do randomly select people who flew internationally to take a Covid test at YYC. This happens after customs and right as you enter baggage claim. I cant confirm if it was a antigen test or a take home test as we were luckily not selected.

YYC was easy but LAX was 2019 levels of people.

Any questions let me know. We just flew home yesterday so it is fresh.

DW and I just returned home to Saskatoon from LAX. We connected at YYC. Everything is open in YYC.

Information you may find helpful:
> LAX is an absolute zoo. If you are at all scared of Covid your phobia will be tested as WestJet flights arrive/depart in the same area as Delta Airlines. People on top of people. It was pretty crazy.
> ArriveCan is easy to fill out. Took me less than 10 mins on my iPhone.
> WestJet staff member at check in LAX asks to see your negative tests (print out if you can) and takes your ArriveCan receipt number. He put stickers on our passports to indicate he verified our negative tests.
> Canadian customs only looked at our negative tests. No one cared about vaccination status at any point.
> They do randomly select people who flew internationally to take a Covid test at YYC. This happens after customs and right as you enter baggage claim. I cant confirm if it was a antigen test or a take home test as we were luckily not selected.

YYC was easy but LAX was 2019 levels of people.

Any questions let me know. We just flew home yesterday so it is fresh.
Hey, we leave from Saskatoon to Lax in 3 weeks. Where did you get your test in Sask? We were going to drive to Lloyd and get the $40 Shopper's test ( we're in Battleford). And where did you test in Anaheim?

Hey, we leave from Saskatoon to Lax in 3 weeks. Where did you get your test in Sask? We were going to drive to Lloyd and get the $40 Shopper's test ( we're in Battleford). And where did you test in Anaheim?
We are from Saskatoon so we did the drive thru test site in Saskatoon. We went 3 days before our flights and had the results in our e-health acct less than 24hrs later. It was $0.

In Anaheim, we went to the Covid Clinic @ Anaheim City Hall. DW wanted the results ASAP so we did the 1hr NAAT test. Cost is $199 but we got results back in 45mins. IMO, the 24hr option would be the way to go (unless you really are wanting to know). Just google ‘Covid Clinic Anaheim City Hall’ and you will find a link.

We are from Saskatoon so we did the drive thru test site in Saskatoon. We went 3 days before our flights and had the results in our e-health acct less than 24hrs later. It was $0.

In Anaheim, we went to the Covid Clinic @ Anaheim City Hall. DW wanted the results ASAP so we did the 1hr NAAT test. Cost is $199 but we got results back in 45mins. IMO, the 24hr option would be the way to go (unless you really are wanting to know). Just google ‘Covid Clinic Anaheim City Hall’ and you will find a link.
I was looking into the drive through site in Stoon. Did they send you a document to your my Sask health account? Interesting......this changes my plans now! Did you need an appt, or just drive up?
And last question.....was it an up the brain test, or lower nostril?

Last edited:
I was looking into the drive through site in Stoon. Did they send you a document to your my Sask health account? Interesting......this changes my plans now! Did you need an appt, or just drive up?
Drive-thru. No appt. Tell them the test is for travel and they expedite the results.

Once your result shows up in ehealth, call your doctors office and they will print you a copy that you can pick up. No ability to print off a legit document from ehealth.

Thankfully both my flights thru YYZ next month, there is another flight a few hours later if I miss the connection. My layovers are just over 2 hours both ways. I have Nexus, so that will help.

The local news is reporting that there is massive delays at YYZ today.
"" Officials with Toronto-Pearson International Airport are warning arriving international travellers to expect delays as long as three hours this weekend.
For those departing Pearson for international destinations, the airport is recommending travellers arrive at least three hours before their flight. Domestic travellers should arrive at least 90 minutes before their flight’s departure.""

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/08/21/toronto-pearson-airport-warns-of-long-delays-this-weekend/
https://www.narcity.com/toronto/tor...ogizes-after-travellers-complain-about-delays

It's not just luggage issues it, it's MAJOR staffing issues through out the entire system.
A ton of people need to be hired.
Planes are being forced to stay on the Tarmac because the Hall is crowded.
" Airport Quote:
"It should also be noted that we may hold planes at the gate—or hold arriving passengers in designated areas of the airport—during peak times to reduce the number of passengers entering the customs-controlled area," the spokesperson continued. "Baggage is also held until there is space in the baggage hall to maintain safety around the carousels."

I absolutely would not want to be flying out or in at YYZ.

Hugs
Mel

Attachments

• 1629590333220.png
    1629590333220.png
    580.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
"" Officials with Toronto-Pearson International Airport are warning arriving international travellers to expect delays as long as three hours this weekend.
For those departing Pearson for international destinations, the airport is recommending travellers arrive at least three hours before their flight. Domestic travellers should arrive at least 90 minutes before their flight’s departure.""

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/08/21/toronto-pearson-airport-warns-of-long-delays-this-weekend/
https://www.narcity.com/toronto/tor...ogizes-after-travellers-complain-about-delays

It's not just luggage issues it, it's MAJOR staffing issues through out the entire system.
" Airport Quote:
"It should also be noted that we may hold planes at the gate—or hold arriving passengers in designated areas of the airport—during peak times to reduce the number of passengers entering the customs-controlled area," the spokesperson continued. "Baggage is also held until there is space in the baggage hall to maintain safety around the carousels."

Hugs
Mel
We arrived at YYZ yesterday and it was crazy! Waiting in line to get through customs in that packed, poorly ventilated room with no distancing possible was by far the highest risk activity of our vacation.

Last edited:
And last question.....was it an up the brain test, or lower nostril?
Lol… it is ‘Up the brain’ but more feels like when you get water up your nose. 5 secs of water in your nose to enjoy a holiday is worth it ;)

" Airport Quote:

Hugs
Mel
Any thoughts on what it might be like flying domestically?

Any thoughts on what it might be like flying domestically?

Hi Hon
Well I don't have any news articles that I can quote for domestic flights ,,,, but I do have a next door neighbor that is a AC employee at YYZ and she says they are facing incredible difficulties with staffing and delays.
Plus experiencing *many* tired , upset, aggressive ,and rude travelers.
I know my son & daughter in law just cancelled their Oct trip out West. (B.C.)

Pack your patience and best wishes.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter