Air travel policy updates

Hi Hon
Well I don't have any news articles that I can quote for domestic flights ,,,, but I do have a next door neighbor that is a AC employee at YYZ and she says they are facing incredible difficulties with staffing and delays.
Plus experiencing *many* tired , upset, aggressive ,and rude travelers.
I know my son & daughter in law just cancelled their Oct trip out West. (B.C.)

Pack your patience and best wishes.
Hugs
Mel
We just cancelled and I feel so much better. Six weeks ago, I thought I’d be ready, but with climbing numbers, I just can’t get on a plane yet. Thanks for getting back to me. I’m sure this was the right decision for us.

Had our return flight from LAX to YYZ (Pearson) today. I have been sitting in the plane in Toronto for about 50 minutes! Seems they deplane connecting flights, but other have to wait. The flight attendant told us it would take about an hour to let the first group of 50 passengers through starting with First class then moving to passengers at the back of the plane. About 10 minutes or so per group. Apparently it has taken up to 3hours. 😬 Seems it has to do with the fact that it takes about 10x the time to process each passenger....

Anyhow... bring snacks and book seats as far up as possible! Hope they let me off
🤣 The poor flight attendants... lots of displeased people.

Update : It took us 2h30 from gate to exit. No one even looked at our ArriveCan app... only vaccine papers.
Omg I hope we are not waiting 2+hrs Tuesday morning , it will be an overnight flight as it is! Our flight out of Pearson we arrived 3 hrs early and it was plenty of time, no lines at all. I think it must depend on the flight time. BTW, did you print your test results to come back? I have our vaccines printed (and now uploaded to ArriveCAN) but only emails for the tests from the covid clinic. Not sure if I should bother the front desk again to print stuff off for me…

So here's a question about quarantining in FL. Let's say you are positive, do you just stay at a hotel on the honour system? When are you supposed to re-test if vaxxed? Day 8? Can I just go to Walgreens, etc and get a test? If negative on Day 8 (or whenever) then I fly back to Canada?

So here's a question about quarantining in FL. Let's say you are positive, do you just stay at a hotel on the honour system? When are you supposed to re-test if vaxxed? Day 8? Can I just go to Walgreens, etc and get a test? If negative on Day 8 (or whenever) then I fly back to Canada?
Pretty sure you have to wait 14 days from the date of your positive test before you can fly back to Canada.

Omg I hope we are not waiting 2+hrs Tuesday morning , it will be an overnight flight as it is! Our flight out of Pearson we arrived 3 hrs early and it was plenty of time, no lines at all. I think it must depend on the flight time. BTW, did you print your test results to come back? I have our vaccines printed (and now uploaded to ArriveCAN) but only emails for the tests from the covid clinic. Not sure if I should bother the front desk again to print stuff off for me…
I would print them, if possible.

Currently booked on a cruise due to return to dock Dec 31 with our flights from MCO to YYZ later the same day. Will we be able to get our COVID test booked onboard to ship to then be able to show to Air Canada ?

How can the airline deny you onboard if you are technically not positive anymore and you have a test to prove it?
I am not sure how they would, tbh. I just know that you can fly w/o a neg test if you have tested positive for covid bw 14 and 90 days. It is unlikely you would test negative 8 days after a positive.

Currently booked on a cruise due to return to dock Dec 31 with our flights from MCO to YYZ later the same day. Will we be able to get our COVID test booked onboard to ship to then be able to show to Air Canada ?

Not many are doing testing anymore. And by December, more than like none of them. Which cruise line?

Not many are doing testing anymore. And by December, more than like none of them. Which cruise line?
Royal Caribbean.

so if not able to do on board, does this mean we have to find a place to get tested once back and port? If so, flying back the same day looks to be a no go!

We printed the results before leaving the hotel. It is not needed, but much easier to hand in a few papers than show the phone.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Royal Caribbean.

so if not able to do on board, does this mean we have to find a place to get tested once back and port? If so, flying back the same day looks to be a no go!

I replied to your post on the FL/CA testing thread. I didn't see the point in posting it here as well. :)

Drive-thru. No appt. Tell them the test is for travel and they expedite the results.

Once your result shows up in ehealth, call your doctors office and they will print you a copy that you can pick up. No ability to print off a legit document from ehealth.
I work at the drive thru site and travelers are at the end of the queue for results. Everyone else goes first : healthcare workers, symptomatic people, school kids etc. In fact they recommend people pay for private service as results can take up to a week (for negative results). And the numbers of people getting tested has tripled in the last week or so which can mean longer wait times. Just a a heads up!

I work at the drive thru site and travelers are at the end of the queue for results. Everyone else goes first : healthcare workers, symptomatic people, school kids etc. In fact they recommend people pay for private service as results can take up to a week (for negative results). And the numbers of people getting tested has tripled in the last week or so which can mean longer wait times. Just a a heads up!

Nurse we had told us the exact opposite and we had results within 24hrs. So, not sure where the truth is but we had zero issues.

Nurse we had told us the exact opposite and we had results within 24hrs. So, not sure where the truth is but we had zero issues.
I’m glad you got such quick results! I just know that as nurses we have no power to expedite anything you click off the reason for testing and that’s it. Definitely worth trying as it’s $90 for just a rapid test privately!

I’m glad you got such quick results! I just know that as nurses we have no power to expedite anything you click off the reason for testing and that’s it. Definitely worth trying as it’s $90 for just a rapid test privately!
I went over this with my wife and she said that the nurse asked our reason for testing and we said travel. She said that it has been noted and that we should have the results via eHealth within 12-24hrs. We asked if there will be a document to print off via eHealth and she said we would need to call our doctors office and have them print off a copy that we will need to pick-up.

I may have misunderstood that the reason for testing was noted as a reason to expedite but that is the way it sounded when we were tested. Also, I have yet to know anyone that waited much beyond 24hrs for results. If you have eHealth setup you get your results there quicker. We rec’d our text msg of the neg test about 8-9 hrs after results showed up on eHealth.

I went over this with my wife and she said that the nurse asked our reason for testing and we said travel. She said that it has been noted and that we should have the results via eHealth within 12-24hrs. We asked if there will be a document to print off via eHealth and she said we would need to call our doctors office and have them print off a copy that we will need to pick-up.

I may have misunderstood that the reason for testing was noted as a reason to expedite but that is the way it sounded when we were tested. Also, I have yet to know anyone that waited much beyond 24hrs for results. If you have eHealth setup you get your results there quicker. We rec’d our text msg of the neg test about 8-9 hrs after results showed up on eHealth.

So if you can’t print off and they suggest sending it to your doctors how does that work? Your doctor is in Canada while you are in Florida. I’m just a little confused on this.

I posted this on another thread but thought the info may be helpful here as well.
We just checked in for the first leg of our trip in Prince George (flying WestJet) We have a connecting flight in Vancouver before we head to LAX and I’m not sure if it’s policy everywhere but here they asked for our negative test results and our vaccination records. I’m glad we tested yesterday before waiting for our layover in Vancouver, which was our original plan! I don’t know what they would have done but I’m guessing no we wouldn’t have made it on the plane if we didn’t have test results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter