Airmiles Armchair Chatter

That is wonderful.

I know as excited as we were to go on our trip (with declining newest variant in Florida at the time) we were still on edge a bit -especially with needing a negative test to get onto the plane and driving isn't an option for us.

All I can say is we are soooooooooooooooooo glad that we forged ahead, pulled the trigger and went. We didn't realize how much we needed that vacation. Dh loved, loved, LOVED Universal (as it was his first visit there) and phoned our ds's that same night to tell them we were going to plan a return trip for them to go too :hyper: . We really didn't realize how much our mental health was needing the break from all the craziness and ugliness of the world right now , until we got there and were in our holiday bubble.

All I can say is, I hope you forge ahead and go. Do the parks in a way that is comfortable for you and just do it!!!!

Thanks for sharing Pumpkin ,,,it means a lot to me.
Have a great time planning your next holiday.
Hugs
Mel

Just popping in with a quick post of thanks to everyone who's been answering questions while I've been quiet. I check in several times a day and if I see a post that's not been responded to I'll do my best but you've been on the ball gang!

Our poor little family just can't seem to catch a break these days. Our daughter's birthday was last week and it's the first since her wife left which made it extremely difficult for her (and when her ex-M-I-L sent her a birthday text that led to a full meltdown!) & we're coming up on the anniversary of her walking out. Still dealing with all the "stuff" surrounding my dad's death and yesterday got the news of our daughter-in-law's Mom's sudden passing. We had just been given the go-ahead to let everyone know that they're expecting (YES, our first grandbaby!!!) and while her family's relationships are strained to say the least, it's still a shock, finger's crossed she's able to weather the stress and keep herself and that precious babe healthy.

Still working away on the basement renovations and extremely frustrated by the pace PLUS can't seem to find a furniture store that wants to sell us anything URGH, i mean come on, you've been struggling for 2 years, TAKE MY MONEY AND ORDER THE DANGED COUCH! I'm waiting on 3 stores to get back to me and soon will resort to ordering something online just so the process can get started.

Just popping in with a quick post of thanks to everyone who's been answering questions while I've been quiet. I check in several times a day and if I see a post that's not been responded to I'll do my best but you've been on the ball gang!

Our poor little family just can't seem to catch a break these days. Our daughter's birthday was last week and it's the first since her wife left which made it extremely difficult for her (and when her ex-M-I-L sent her a birthday text that led to a full meltdown!) & we're coming up on the anniversary of her walking out. Still dealing with all the "stuff" surrounding my dad's death and yesterday got the news of our daughter-in-law's Mom's sudden passing. We had just been given the go-ahead to let everyone know that they're expecting (YES, our first grandbaby!!!) and while her family's relationships are strained to say the least, it's still a shock, finger's crossed she's able to weather the stress and keep herself and that precious babe healthy.

Still working away on the basement renovations and extremely frustrated by the pace PLUS can't seem to find a furniture store that wants to sell us anything URGH, i mean come on, you've been struggling for 2 years, TAKE MY MONEY AND ORDER THE DANGED COUCH! I'm waiting on 3 stores to get back to me and soon will resort to ordering something online just so the process can get started.
Things will be all sorted out for you soon since you have:

It never rains but it pours, right? Hugs to all and know that things will move along as they are meant to do. Congrats on the new baby! Grandbabies are the best!

Sending you many tight hugs!!!! Some days, it will feel like you need to take the day minute by minute to get through them, but you will get through these hard days

:hug: :grouphug:

Life gets so complicated sometimes, does it not? For all the things we suffer through we also get the special moments as well. One of those special moments will be when you get to hold that grandbaby for the first time.....then the second, third, fourth and the rest of his/her life.
You just get to work making a Donald Duck quilt for the baby so you will always be with him/her, even when your not around.
And remember, if you need to vent, we are always here for you. :grouphug:

Yah know I really really need to see some puppy pictures on this thread.......
:magnify::magnify:,,,maybe some Airmiles person has a few to share??
Just saying.............................................

Love yah
Hugs
Mel

Sorry about the sad news but happy about the grandbaby news. Now you will be able to put your new craft space to use making burpie pads, quilts etc.

View attachment 654221

O/T Just sharing
I finally booked a trip today ..not till Jan/Feb 2023 but it feels good to have something to look forward to.
Airmiles covered hotel ,,and refundable up to a week before. Universal Orlando Cabana Bay Family suite.
West Jet Dollars covered flight /pre seat selection and baggage fees ... option to cancel .
$300.00 in Airmiles Starbucks for treats, coffee/teas etc. (I've been stockpiling them).
HP scarf 1/2 done (decided on Ravenclaw) ,, will be working on a Dr. Seuss cat in the hat one next Fall.
View attachment 654225

Hugs
Mel
So excited for you! We have our first trip to Universal booked for October! You’re going to have a great time!

Hope things start to turn around for you soon! ❤

Hi Damo
I am ok for a walk to the Parks but usually a ride home is appreciated.
I like that Sapphire is so close as I want to check it out for a future holiday.
I will miss my usual resort which is RPR but it was time to try something new this time.
Hopefully check in improves this year.
Hugs
Mel

I'd stay at Cabana or Sapphire more often but I really like having the express pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter