• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yup, cracked the code behind these mystery bonus miles! The e-mail came on November 15th and was triggered by using cash miles (for us it was at Rexall on Oct 31st) It was obviously based on your "normal" earning rate, which for us in October was quite high :eek: I didn't think we had a hope to earn 600 miles in 2 weeks but glancing at our account we snagged over 800, thanks to those 110 mile coupons from Rexall and the restaurant gift cards from Sobeys. It's been a busy year for us, didn't participate in pickle palooza and we still earned over 19,000 so far this year!
View attachment 289435

We didn't use cash miles and received the offer, we had redeemed dream miles during October.

I am gambling that tomorrow will be better than what I have today.
Hugs Mel

Me too. Plus, it snowed a sh*t ton last night, so hubby took the suv into work today and I'm having a snow day! I might walk to Sobey's later for a couple of things I need for baking today, but that's about it.

I realized something about myself today. Whenever people really tick me off, I end up thinking about vacations. Seriously.. like 5 minutes after a client made me want to scream this morning, I was browsing the internet and looking at All Inclusives. I think that might be the literal definition of escapism. I know for sure that it’s an expensive coping mechanism.:rolleyes:

We have a big camping trip planned this summer in the Canadian Rockies. But I’ve decided I MUST plan something for next Christmas break. I know it’s the most expensive and crowded time to plan a trip. I also don’t care. It’s been nuts around here with preperations and expense for Christmas this year. I’ve asked the people I work with no less than 5 times for dates they need me and still can’t get a straight answer so I can’t plan anything while my husband and kids are off. Next year we are going to simplify, plan a trip and make that the family Christmas present. Call it self preservation ...something has to give. I am thinking of leaving to go somewhere on the 26th next year. Dh says lets just head out as soon as school is out and skip the whole thing. We have just a ton of family committments and I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings by going away.. but it sure sounds nice.

Anyway.. since I have absolutely made up my mind.. now I just need a destination and to earn a ton of airmiles to help with the cost. Maybe I will start a new post to get ideas of where to go.. airmiles will be a big part of helping with the trip, but I don’t want to clog this thread.

Thanks for listening to the rant. I am just so annoyed and needed to vent.

I realized something about myself today. Whenever people really tick me off, I end up thinking about vacations. Seriously.. like 5 minutes after a client made me want to scream this morning, I was browsing the internet and looking at All Inclusives. I think that might be the literal definition of escapism. I know for sure that it’s an expensive coping mechanism.:rolleyes:

We have a big camping trip planned this summer in the Canadian Rockies. But I’ve decided I MUST plan something for next Christmas break. I know it’s the most expensive and crowded time to plan a trip. I also don’t care. It’s been nuts around here with preperations and expense for Christmas this year. I’ve asked the people I work with no less than 5 times for dates they need me and still can’t get a straight answer so I can’t plan anything while my husband and kids are off. Next year we are going to simplify, plan a trip and make that the family Christmas present. Call it self preservation ...something has to give. I am thinking of leaving to go somewhere on the 26th next year. Dh says lets just head out as soon as school is out and skip the whole thing. We have just a ton of family committments and I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings by going away.. but it sure sounds nice.

Anyway.. since I have absolutely made up my mind.. now I just need a destination and to earn a ton of airmiles to help with the cost. Maybe I will start a new post to get ideas of where to go.. airmiles will be a big part of helping with the trip, but I don’t want to clog this thread.

Hi sweetie
Vent away
Last year I was paying (VISA) well into May to pay off all the Christmas gifts.
This year we are going to Cuba--we each bought our own ticket.....now I must admit one son and my grand daughter are staying behind so I had to shop for them.
I also made 5 Santa Summer Stockings for the ones that are going to Cuba.
As I was driving to work this morning I was thinking about the year we did Disney for Christmas and while I missed some of our traditions--not having to cook and clean made it worth while. And I got to wear shorts at Christmas!!!
Who knows if Cuba works out this year we may make this a Christmas tradition to go away each year.
Hugs to you
Mel

Hi sweetie
Vent away
This year we are going to Cuba--we each bought our own ticket.....now I must admit one son and my grand daughter are staying behind so I had to shop for them.
As I was driving to work this morning I was thinking about the year we did Disney for Christmas and while I missed some of our traditions--not having to cook and clean made it worth while. And I got to wear shorts at Christmas!!!
Who knows if Cuba works out this year we may make this a Christmas tradition to go away each year.
Hugs to you
Mel
Sounds fantastic Mel!!! I remeber you posting and asking for ideas last year and now it’s almost time to go! :)
I am looking forward to saving up for somewhere warm next year!

Working on updating the first post with coupon link for Rexall and the links to upcoming flyers and figured i would do a brief breakdown on anything i see that's interesting!
Sobeys Ontario

• Holiday meal of roasted chicken, dipping sauce, stuffing, squash,taters & chutney PLUS some truffles --$24.99 50 AM From 4 - 8 pm
  • Tia Rosa taco kits (from the StB) $2.99 buy 3 get 30 AM
  • Itala Pasta 41.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Coffee Mate liquid $2.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
Sobeys Urban Fresh
  • Nestle frozen treats $3.99 buy 3 get 50 AM (oddly there's a limit of 4??)
  • Bagels, raisin bread & Tia Rosa kits $2.99 buy 3 get 30 AM
  • Same holida dinner as above
  • Pasta same as above
Sobeys Atlantic (Psst @ilovetotravel1977 are we looking at the same flyers?!?)
  • Bothwell cheese (fell in love last years StB!) $4.99 buy 2 get 30 AM
  • Cheese ball $6.49 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Breton crackers $1.99 buy 4 get 10 AM (have with those cheesey treats :P )
  • Cheesecake bites (not a great return but OMG too wickedly good!) $8.49 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • 5 lb bag of taters $3.49 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Fruit or veggie tray spend more than $15 get 30 AM
  • Olymel ham $8.99 buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Family size cereals $6.99 buy 6 get 99 AM
Foodland Ontario
  • Bagels, raisin bread & Tia Rosa kits $2.99 buy 3 get 30 AM
Foodland Atlantic
  • Christie crackers $1.67 buy 4 get 10 AM
  • Fruit, veggie and Mexican Fiesta Style trays (??) spend more than $15 get 30 AM
Metro Ontario
  • Threshold spend $50 get 25 AM or $100 get 100 AM
  • Holiday kleenex (in the fancy pants oval box) $2.99 get 10 AM

Something new posted on the Airmiles exclusive page
Disney On Ice Event
For two
Montreal
disney-on-ice-montreal-2017-e.jpg

Disney on Ice - Event for two (2) - Montreal - March, 2018
Celebrate what’s possible as five Disney Princesses spark the courage inside us all in Disney On Ice presents Dare To Dream!

In her Disney On Ice debut, see how far Moana will go in an action-packed adventure with demigod, Maui, to save her island and discover her true identity.

From 500 reward miles

I can sooooo relate. I've had couple of wacked days. By the end of today all I could think of was why did I change my mind about going away for Christmas this year. Every year it's the same B.S. from my mother and today it brought me to tears.

Hi sweetie
Vent away
Hugs to you
Mel
Have a great time in Cuba.....I LOVE it there.

Bababear,
I don't know how to pm on this forum.
We went to Cuba one year for Christmas.
I went to Dollarama and bought some of those chair slips, you know the ones you slip over the back of your chair shaped like Santa or a Snowman head and I used them to put on the backs of the loungers on the beach and also used them at night on our chairs sitting around the bar, it was really fun and we could immediately identify our chairs from the ocean or the boardwalk.
I also took a tiny xmas tree in my suitcase the kind that folds up and put it on the dresser in our room and I bought some of those window stickers that say Merry Xmas.
What resort are you going too?

I can sooooo relate. I've had couple of wacked days. By the end of today all I could think of was why did I change my mind about going away for Christmas this year. Every year it's the same B.S. from my mother and today it brought me to tears.
Don't want you to think i like that you're a mess right now, just that i get it --- really GET IT!
This is always a hard time of year, so many expectations and far too much pressure placed on us by ourselves and those who are supposed to love us the most. We are heading into 2018 with no plans, no carrot, nothing to reach for and to borrow a phrase from a Disney chat room i was part of on AOL (yes i AM that old!) IT HOOVERS (because you know, gotta be Mickey friendly and to say it sucks is rude :P )
We've had our daughter, her wife and their cat living with us for a couple of weeks due to a craptastic landlord issue but thanks to whichever God answered my numerous prayers, they moved into a great new place on Sunday. HOWEVER, the house is now a disaster, I'm weeks behind in my plans, shopping's not done, laundry is literally knee deep, cat hair everywhere (get the picture?) All of this while I'm doing daily treks in and out of Toronto for a 7 minute treatment (check out my signature for a hint as to what the treatments are for and how much extra fun I am right now!) --- bone-deep exhausted AND my mom chooses now to demand I meet her for lunch and listen to her sob story of a life while serving me up a healthy dose of guilt.

I still have treatments on the 27th & 28th so we've cashed in some IHG points to stay over 2 nights so i won't have 2 more butt-crack-of-stupid o'clock mornings. I cashed in Scene points and some survey points for tickets to see the new Star Wars movie in a VIP theatre and we'll be wandering around the city. THAT is our big holiday and compared to last year when we were getting ready to go to Florida for 3 weeks, yeah turn on the tears.

The AM balance is steadily climbing and i no longer refer to it by the miles total but the travel voucher equivalent -- currently we're 213 miles short of $1900. I spend hours staring at the Marlin travel site dreaming, wishing, hoping, planning. We have no idea where to go, but it has to be better than HERE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter