Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Kiddo got the first 6 Star Wars movies, we're just finishing up the first one. May be a long day... Have to hook up the new Xbox next. My parents got that for him, well then sent the money and I went to Shoppers drugmart to get it (only place that had one in stock!) I used up all my points too since I won't really shop there once the program is combined with Loblaws.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Merry Christmas everyone. We had a pretty big snow storm last night which was kind of pretty in the dark last night but we woke up to a snow bank at the end of our drive way that is waist deep. DH has been working on it now for about an hour. The wind has been blowing up the back of our house and continues to move the snow around. My poor dog can't get out as the snow now is deeper in the back yard than he is tall. I think we will have to shovel out the deck and back yard for him.

It's been a really nice morning. Champagne breakfast with the WDW Christmas parade on the big screen. We are just going to relax this afternoon before heading to my brothers house.

Merry Christmas from the East Coast of Nova Scotia!

This morning, we surprised our DD9 with our February trip to WDW, SW and US! It took her a few minutes to catch on to the surprise, but she is super excited now and we can all actually TALK about the trip without having to be discreet around her!

Air Miles related: My total miles earned in the last 12 months says 13,000+, but my totals as of Sunday are 10,000+. How can that be?

My difference is still 1926 if I use AM calculations. They have been within 30AM since the end of October. I hope they correct it before the end of the year (not that it really makes any difference my totals in my accounts agree with my spreadsheet.

Hope everyone had a wonderful dinner last night. I'm off to shop Boxing Day specials with my oldest son (it's a Christmas tradition). Hopefully we will be home by noon.

Edit to add: I just added up each of the "Month totals" then subtracted November items from my past 31 days. When I do this I come up with an amount that agrees with my spreadsheet but does not agree with the total that they have as counting towards ONYX for the year. Their program just missed something. My difference is 1925AM in case anyone else is out by the same amount (Shell posted for 1AM overnight)

As a side note, DH and DS totals are correct.

Last edited:
When go to look for Dec 2016 under the last 12 months, it is not there. It just skips right to January. I have a difference of 2261 miles.

Must admit i don't really pay much attention to the 2 different tallies of my account. Since we've been ONYX since it was a thing, all I keep track of is the bottom line ---did all of my miles post or not. This year has been the WORST for that, feel like i'm constantly needing to police them. They think they can catch my by saying i need proof but with the Duck they have met their match --- i have every single receipt dating back to 2013 when money was extremely tight!!

The discrepancy most of you are seeing is odd, i just looked and mine is exactly the same (but i am missing close to 800 miles at the moment (plus all the miles connected to my online shopping during the StB promo <sigh>)

Good morning. I hope everyone had a great Christmas! The big event we hosted went really well, and yesterday was a very nice day. I’m stil dreaming of a cruise or all inclusive for next year though, so we will see what the year brings. I am itching to start building my airmiles balance!

My airmiles totals for Onyx were off as well. Last time I looked I only needed to get 6 more airmiles to get to Onyx and right now I am off by 1668. But it’s saying I have Onyx status until March of 2019.

Good morning. I hope everyone had a great Christmas! The big event we hosted went really well, and yesterday was a very nice day. I’m stil dreaming of a cruise or all inclusive for next year though, so we will see what the year brings. I am itching to start building my airmiles balance!

My airmiles totals for Onyx were off as well. Last time I looked I only needed to get 6 more airmiles to get to Onyx and right now I am off by 1668. But it’s saying I have Onyx status until March of 2019.
We had a great time at my brothers. I had a few moments of guilt over thinking of my mother and I didn't phone her yesterday because I didn't know if I should or not. I had a conversation last night after dinner and the jist of it was to dispense with the drama and take a trip for Christmas next year. Rather funny and I think the universe is now screaming to me....TAKE THE TRIP STUPID!

We had a great time at my brothers. I had a few moments of guilt over thinking of my mother and I didn't phone her yesterday because I didn't know if I should or not. I had a conversation last night after dinner and the jist of it was to dispense with the drama and take a trip for Christmas next year. Rather funny and I think the universe is now screaming to me....TAKE THE TRIP STUPID!
I’m so glad you got together with your brother! Sounds like a nice day. And I agree with you, the trip is a good idea :).

just getting ready to fly out the door -- up the highway to get yelled at --- uhm yeah, visit my parents i mean and if we're really unlucky my sisters might be there too :crazy2: and then back down the highway to catch the GO train into Toronto for our little getaway. The weather gods are not smiling on us though, the windchill factors are gonna be in the 30 range and we had planned on wandering around the city!!

ANYWHO, just did a quick last minute glance at my email and there is a note about Airmilesshop having a big *sale* 10X multiplier plus lots of stores with extras as well. Hubby is scraping off the car and would shoot me if he knew i stopped to share this info, but come on, you're my hunting team and need to make sure you are all armed properly :rotfl2:
upload_2017-12-26_11-27-59.png

Funny story from Christmas. Everyone remembers the Marvel things we got from AM at participating stores? I managed to get 4 and thought I was doing well at that. I make up Christmas boxes for my kids and their spouses and children instead of big gifts. I put an envelope with cash in them as well as the stocking stuffer kind of stuff to fill the boxes. So each son got 2 of these Marvel things, they both love the Marvel characters as I'm sure most males do. I was proud of that and they were quite impressed with them when they opened them up. I felt very accomplished......then my DD-I-L's mother showed up. She brought with her an unopened bag of them, about 250. LOL, turns out she works at a Shell station and they had a ton left over and she thought the boys might like to have some.
Made my 4 look pretty stupid, hahahaha. The good news is that now that I know she works at Shell, I might be able to find out when shell is having deals going.
Anyways, I found that amusing so I thought I would share. Happy Boxing Day shopping to everyone!

I need to thank you all for your help. I don't post very much but I certainly check out what's happening on this board daily and you folks have helped me gather enough AMs to reach onyx status for the first time. I was gold last year and thought that was fantastic. Thanks for your hints, your stories, your hacks, your warnings, your inspirational tales, your trip reports. This is an exclusive club of crazy air miles hunters and I count myself lucky to be one of you. Merry Christmas and happy hunting in 2018! :love1: pixiedust: :worship:

I just picked up next weeks Sobeys flyer at the store. It says there are 1425AM to be had instore. I counted about 120AM in the flyer. Nothing I would call a great deal. There is one good deal until Jan 4 buy 4 packs of Halls @1.25ea get 20 AM. My DS is eating them these days like candy (well almost).

On the plus side the Sobeys I shop at has a spend $50 Mon-Thu get a $10GC, so I took advantage of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter