Amanda & Steve's Planning Journal 11/01/09 SBP/ADH Back from our PS!!! Pics up soon!!

Your engagement party looked so great! I loved the Snow White table! Beautiful, beautiful centerpeices!

Welcome and congrats on your engagement!

I just read your PJ and everything sounds great I can't wait to hear more. By the way, I love that you grabbed your DF's butt and that is what started it all! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:love: I can't thank you enough for posting your engagement party table photos. I was having a nervous breakdown yesterday and about to scrap all the hard work I've put into our reception table ideas. Originally I wanted to do this, have a different movie for each table, but yesterday something inside me totally snapped and I was about to ebay all of the stuff I bought and go with a more traditional centerpiece/theme. But, after seeing how gorgeous your tables turned out, it's back on!! :woohoo: Thank you so much! I was afraid it would look too childish and too kids-birthday-party... But your tables were gorgeous! I'm sending all of these photos to my mom (if you don't mind) to give her a better vision of my ideas. thank you so much - I don't think you'll ever realize what a life saver you are!!! :cloud9:

(PS, if any of you are debating a board on the knot - don't...this is what instilled my complete lack of faith in myself and my creativity. I'm so glad I found this pj to talk me off the ledge!)

So Glad we could help you out!!!:banana: I took us a while to get all the stuff but it was so worth it. Dont get discouraged. One of the tables we figured out like 2 days before the party!!

Thank you all so much for your kind words!!! Tomorrow is my last day of school.( Yes Im a teacher) So I will have more time to plan and post!!

So Glad we could help you out!!!:banana: I took us a while to get all the stuff but it was so worth it. Dont get discouraged. One of the tables we figured out like 2 days before the party!

:rotfl: It's good to know I'm not alone! ... Do you have any things you'd want to sell? Obviously the music boxes and snow globes will stay a part of your collection - but if you have anything collecting dust, you just let me know! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Love the engagement party theme!! So creative!! How are you going to top that!!??

Congratulations and Welcome to the boards! :cool1:

Your EP tables were fantastic! I love the Toy Story (one of my very favorite movies) and your table! I can't wait to hear more!! popcorn::

Alright now miss, if you'd like to stay around these parts you are going to have to change your name. There really is only room for 1 Amanda around here. :rotfl2: JK

Welcome to the boards!

Amanda I love you lol,you always crack me up LOL

your engagement party was really neat!!!!!!!!!!!! The theming worked out great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Ariel table:lovestruc

Thank you for all the good wishes!!!

Ok So a few decisions have been made.

first, I decided to let the bridesmaids choose their own dresses. I am not fashion forward and they are all too different to made them all happy with one dress. The color will be black satin and pretty sure it will be jordan for the designer.

My MOH found the Best Flowers EVER!!!! They are anenomeas (sp?). Our colors are black, white and red. The white anenomaes have large black centers. they look really cool!!
large_image.jpg

Also I found these awwesome brooches. they are mickey ears. I figure since the BMs are wearing different dresses it would be a way to identify them.

swar-872509.jpg

We also purchases our favors. I know its a little early but we wanted to get it done.!!!!! They are going to be mixed Cd's but they look like records and they are going in metal tins instead of jewel cases.

But the most exciting news is my dress came in!!! It looks great!!! Exactly how i thought it would look. I didnt actually get to try on my dress fully because i had to special order the dress. But its great!! I dont even have to get it altered.( unless i lose some weight!!!:rolleyes1 )

Unfortunately i cant post a pic of the dress here because DF sometimes looks at this page.!!!

Ok thats all for now.

Yay!!!! So it's official!!! We got our date!!! November 1, 2009 @ SBP @ 5 and ADH @ 6. It so exciting. We were very worried because we know ADH is very popular. We didnt even have a back up!!! We would have had to change the date altogether. I talked to Diane and she said she would send a contract. But we cant really make any plans til March 1st!!!!! That stinks!!! It's like giving a kid candy and then taking it away!!!! :laughing: Anyway. MY DF has been bugging me to start Buying stuff for the wedding. I think he is more excited than I am. So yesterday I bought Personalized Matches. And Ribbon for our favors. I also Adore this Bout!!! Very Simple yet dark!!!
large_image.jpg

Dont want to bore you too much. Ill leave you with some Halloween Pics!!!

Picture078.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Ok. It has been a very long time since i have made any updates. Lets see. DF has a new job. He is now a manager at Applebee's!! He used to work for Bennigan's but they went bankrupt. So here we are. Since Christmas he has worked at three different stores!!! It has been stressful on us but, we seem to be managing fine. I am in the full swing of the most busy time of year for me. I coach rowing for a H.S. in NJ. So my weekends are completely full. We have been trying to get as much done as possible since we have been so busy. I just got my contract two days ago which i am very happy about.:woohoo: It felt like a long time that i was just waiting for something to do. So let me tell you about some of the work i have done.:thumbsup2

I have had a problem finding invitations that i liked. eh hem.... I mean WE liked. I liked one, DF liked another. We could not agree. Then I found the perfect one in Modern Bride Magazine. They look like this.
palmsprings1.jpg

only in Black and red and white. i liked them because they reminded me of the Boardwalk because of the stripes. They only problem is that that for 80 invites with reply cards is.... Drum Roll Please.......$1600!!!!!!:scared1:

No offense but there is no way i am paying that much for paper!!! So my MOH searched web near and far for me and found these.
boutiqueweddinginvite2p.jpg.jpg

They are from a company in Australia and are about $600. Although i still think that is steep. I like them very much.

Here are the favors. We have had them done since like November!!! We wanted something that was easy to transport and that really said something about us. We decided that a CD was the best choice.
DSC02728.jpg

DSC02729.jpg

Here is the song list for the cd. They look like records with a metal case.
Everything - Michael Buble
Where is Your Heart At - Jaime Cullum
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
Love - Matt White
I'll Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
Something - Jim Sturgess (Beatles)
If You Could Only See - Tonic
God Only Knows - Joss Stone (The Beach Boys)
At Last - Etta James
For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder
My First, My Last, My Everything - Barry White
Caught Up - Usher
Sugar, We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
I'll Be Here A While - 311
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
Footloose - Kenny Loggins

These are all songs that meant alot to us through out our relationship.. Getting tired.. TGIF... Later i'll post more.

subbing, I am an ADH bride as well! Can't wait to hear more of your plans:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter