Amy's Journal: Comments Welcome!

Welcome back! And congrats on losing those 16lbs! That is a wonderful way to start the year! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2:

I'm glad to hear that you are getting some support for what you are dealing with with your mom. I know it is a tough thing to handle and it takes courage to talk to others about it. Maybe next time you go you can take some more healthy snacks with you? That way you won't be tempted to overindulge in nuts (which I do all the time - I wish they weren't so high in calories!)

How is your beagle doing? We got one in October. He is a total riot. He's 7 months old now. He's so smart, but so stubborn...

lovinaz said:
How is your beagle doing? We got one in October. He is a total riot. He's 7 months old now. He's so smart, but so stubborn...

Hey, I remember you asking about beagles! "Benjamin" is fine, 12 and a half and still goin strong. Still stubborn too, that does not get better with age! But I love him to death. He's my walking buddy but I can't walk him tonite, everybody's got their trash out and he is such a pig I can't keep him out of it all! Enjoy your puppy, they grow up so fast, seems like yesterday Ben was 7 months!

So today my food is as follows:
Breakfast: Slim Fast (3)
Lunch: Southbeach Diet Pizza (7)
Dinner: 3 cups salad greens, one grilled chicken breast, two TB 1000 Island Dressing, one tangerine (8)
Snacks for today: Skinny Cow (2), ff pudding (3), baked Doritos (3)
Total points: 26
Two points under, I am sure I nibbled on something somewhere along the way so I am not going to go looking for two extra points! Also, I am getting close in weight to being at 26 total anyway so I might as well get used to eating that amount.

About 108 oz. of water, 16 oz. of caffeine free iced tea and 12 oz. of club soda with a lemon wedge. I should be floating by now. I will probably still need more water after I take my walk pretty soon. I am heading to the treadmill as soon as I finish helping the kids with homework. I also am looking at those three snacks, and while they aren't high in points individually, they aren't particularly high in nutrition either. Also, way too many carbs with those snacks. Sad thing is that I am still hungry. The treadmill will help with that. Need to make better snack choices tomorrow. The Doritos did nothing but make me hungrier, which is why I ate the pudding! Still, a good start to the week. I weigh in on Wednesday.

Good morning,

Congrats on getting your workout in over the weekend. Weekends are so hard for me to work out. It seems that we are always on the go!

We really need to get to BBQ up and going...we need to get propane for it. I told DH this year I am going to try and grill some chicken (never really done this) so we will see!!!!

Hope you are having a great day!
Keep up the great work!

Well, today was hard. I was having one of those days where I just felt overwhelmed and depressed about my weight and many other issues in my life. I stayed on track with my points but did not have one serving of fruit or veggies. I am trying so hard to make wise choices and just didn't today! I also didn't exercise and now I am so wiped out I cannot even face that. Just got home from a school function and my dh just walked through the door so I guess I could go talk to him which gives me a great excuse not to exercise! I weigh in tomorrow don't feel too hopeful the scale will show a loss, I had a pretty decent loss last week and rarely manage to accomplish that two weeks in a row! But other than today and a few other bumps this week I think things went well. Tomorrow is day one of my week and I am ready for it!

There are going to be some days when you don't make the best choices. But at least you were still within your points! That's a good thing, right? I snapped this morning about my physical appearance - it happens to everyone. We just need to realize that we are trying our best and get back up and back on track! You are doing great! :cheer2:

Our beagle is named Buckley. I wanted to smack him this morning! He grabbed a pillow off the couch (his new "trick") and when I told him to go to bed (in his crate), he did the crouching, butt in the air, "I wanna play" maneuver and everytime I tried to go get him, he would run around like a spaz. And of course the kids are laughing and I am fuming... :rolleyes:

Today was actually much, much better! First of all, I went to WW, weighed in and was down 3 pounds, making my loss 19 total. That was nice, at first I was surprised but then when I looked back through my weekly food/points journal, I realized I had done very well. Exercised 4 times (which is really good for me), stayed within my points, drank plenty of water and except for two of my seven days, ate at least five servings of veggies/fruit a day. Its amazing how one sort of bad day at the end of the week can make me feel bad about the whole week! And yesterday, by my old standards, was a raging success. It used to be I only worried about the total points or calories I ate, not specifically what I ate. I pretty much have always gone by the mantra that if 3 points of chicken is good, 3 points of chips is better. Now I am wanting to get a proper amount of fiber, protein, fat and carbs and eat more healthy. Maybe thats why I feel better than I have in almost 10 years! Here's today's rundown:

Breakfast: Kashi with milk (4 pts)
Snack: One point bar (1)
Lunch: 3 cups green leaf lettuce with 4. oz turkey breast and 3 TB lowfat salsa ranch dressing, (6 points)
Snack: pudding (3)
Dinner: Lean cuisine (5 pts), two tangerines (2), 1 whole wheat tortilla (3)
1 oz cheese (2)

I need to walk the dog now and get some more exercise in. I already walked earlier on the treadmill for 22 minutes.

I am beginning to allow myself to think this might actually be the time of my life when I get my act together and get healthy once and for all!

lovinaz said:
Our beagle is named Buckley. I wanted to smack him this morning! He grabbed a pillow off the couch (his new "trick") and when I told him to go to bed (in his crate), he did the crouching, butt in the air, "I wanna play" maneuver and everytime I tried to go get him, he would run around like a spaz. And of course the kids are laughing and I am fuming... :rolleyes:

Amy, my beagle is 12 1/2 years old. Thats like 87 1/2 years in human age. He STILL does crazy, wild things like that every day! Right now he is in his crate because he unrolled the toilet paper for the 38,899th time in his life! He is whining and yipping because he wants to go for his walk. I firmly believe he will live as long as I do (hopefully another 40 years at least) because he still acts like a puppy in spite of his gray hairs!

Congrats on the 3lb loss! You are doing GREAT! You are in the right mindset and that is why you will succeed! :thumbsup2 That's wonderful that you are more conscious about getting the right kinds of foods in and not just the correct number of points. :cheer2:

I'm glad to hear that your beagle is still spunky after all these years! Is yours a tri-color? Ours is. We might be brave and get him a brother or sister after he is over a year old. We'll see... He's done the toilet paper trick a couple times. We try to keep the bathroom door closed at all times! :teeth:

lovinaz said:
:

I'm glad to hear that your beagle is still spunky after all these years! Is yours a tri-color? Ours is. We might be brave and get him a brother or sister after he is over a year old. We'll see... He's done the toilet paper trick a couple times. We try to keep the bathroom door closed at all times! :teeth:

Oh Amy, I am so sad, I think we might have to have Ben put down very soon. He is having some problems, I took him in today, they spent about an hour ruling things out and think he has a neurological problem. I am so upset! At twelve and half, there is not much they can do for that. He has had problems with seizures for ten years and I think it has finally caught up with him. He is still spunky but has no bladder control anymore and we are so torn with what to do! I am supposed to hear back tomorrow, this may be our last night with our little beagle sweetie. And yes, he is tri colored. Actually now he is quad colored since he is gray too. Enjoy your little guy, it goes too quick!

Doing okay with food today, with my doggie woes, I actually don't feel much like eating. Had shredded wheat for breakfast, a lean cuisine and pudding for lunch and just had baked lays and a tangerine for a snack. Have had 96 oz. of water, plus club soda and one cup of regular tea. No exercise, don't know if that will happen today or not. At least I am not eating through my sadness for once in my life.

Oh my, that is SO SAD! :sad1: Hang in there, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one. :grouphug:

That's great that you are not emotional eating. Try to stay busy - maybe that will help you through this tough time.

Well my dog's diagnosis is some kind of liver problem, could be cancer, they don't know. They could do a lot of expensive tests but at his age it doesn't seem too wise since he is too old to treat. For now he is better so we are just enjoying him for as long as we can. He appears to not be in any pain which is really good. They give him something for his incontinence which is VERY good for me and my carpet. I took him for a walk tonight and he kept me going fast!

This Easter I actually did pretty well. Had a slim fast for breakfast, skipped lunch since I was cooking like a fiend and had the following for dinner:
1 piece of ham
1 piece of turkey breast
salad with balsamic vinegar dressing
1 roll with a small amount of butter
1 small helping sweet potato casserole
1 small helping hash brown/cheese casserole
1 helping of green beans (steamed)
1 bite of coconut cake
Had 96 oz of water, two glasses of iced tea and walked for 30 minutes. I enjoyed just sampling something of everything. I just threw away half of a cake and half a pan of brownies. My parents can't eat too many sweets, my kids and husband won't eat it after today and my nephew and his girlfriend are health conscious so I realized if I didn't toss it, I would eat it all up in the next couple of days! Kind of sad, but I am so glad its out of the house. I have leftover turkey breast only (gave the ham to my parents) and the side dishes were mostly gone. Oh, I also tossed about 4 rolls, don't need those either! Just really happy I survived my first holiday since beginning Weight Watchers in January. I am actually going to bed hungry tonight instead of feeling like I am 9 months pregnant and about to explode, which is how I usually feel on the evening of a family holiday!

Amy&Dan said:
I just threw away half of a cake and half a pan of brownies.

WOW! I mean, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please send some of that brownie disposal ability my way! I would have eaten both for sure - you're my hero! :worship: :worship: That is GREAT that you did that! You are really serious about staying on track! :cheer2:

I'm glad your dog is feeling better. It's gotta be tough to realize he won't be around forever.

Well didn't journal yesterday, I had a problem with my kitchen sink and spent most of the day dealing with plumbers and a bunch of other crap. I ended up eating only about half of my points. This is not like me, I was so stressed about my dog and my sink I felt sick all day. The plumber finally arrived last night at 9:00 and got everything fixed thank goodness. The vet I usually have (he has been hunting for two weeks) returned today and told me my dog doesn't have liver cancer but his liver is getting fried by the meds he is on for seizures. But for now he needs his meds since his seizures are so bad they could kill him at his age. If its not one thing, its another! And my parents are driving me crazy! Wow, I am so paid back for all the mean things I did as a teenager. So today I emotionally ate the following:
Breakfast: Slim Fast, 3 points
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwiches (I had two, no idea why), pudding, points: 14
Dinner: 3 pieces of pizza and one breadstick, points: 19
Total number of points: 36
So really bad day, no fruit or veggies 8 points over. Although I had those in my flex points but still not a good idea to do that the day before I weigh in. So a good week capped off by a bad day! Tomorrow is day one of my new week. If I remember correctly I did this same kind of dumb thing last Tuesday night but not as bad. Oh well, I could have done worse I suppose. Ordering pizza was a really bad idea.

Forgot to add that I drank 96 oz of water and one glass ice tea. Didn't exercise today for the first time in 4 days. I hate today come to think of it! My hormones are definitely playing a part in today's crappy nature come to think of it.

OK, so today wasn't great - that's OK because tomorrow is a brand new day! You can't change what's already been done, so there is no sense stressing about it. You had a really bad day, and those are bound to come around. The key is to start fresh tomorrow! :cheer2:

:grouphug: Amy~

I'm sorry that yesterday was a tough day for you. The good news is that today is a brand new day and yesterday is behind you! :goodvibes

I am sending some :wizard: your way for your dog. I hope he feels better soon. :goodvibes

Have a great Wednesday! :sunny:

Hi amy,

I am so sorry to hear of all the things that you are going through. Here's some :wizard: hoping that everything gets better. Don't beat yourself up over your bad day...it was only one and today is a new day.

Keep you head up....Have a great day!

Well today was a brand new day (thank God). Weighed in and was down a half a pound for a grand total of 19.6 pounds lost. Not a big loss, if I hadn't eaten that damn pizza I would probably have gotten my 20 pound star at WW today! :crazy: . Oh well, I still have one more week before my trip to WDW. My original goal was to have lost 25 pounds total by April 26, the day we leave. In the last few weeks I have realized that wouldn't be happening so I revised that to 20 pounds. So only 4/10 of a pound to go to make this goal. Surely I can do that! Here is today's food rundown:

Breakfast: EAS shake (2)
Lunch: 3 cups romaine lettuce, 4 oz. turkey, 2 TB shredded cheese, 3 TB southwest salsa dressing, pudding. (12)
snack: butternut squash soup and 2 tangerines (2)
Dinner: 1 cup hamburger helper made with 97% lean ground beef, breadstick (9)
Total for the day: 25 I still have 3 points left, I am going for my walk with Ben (who is feeling better thanks to his new medicine, thanks for all the good thoughts guys!). I may have a glass of milk when I get home to give me some dairy and two more points. Exercise for the day is 20 minutes on the treadmill and I am about to take my usual 20 minute walk the dog walk. Drank 100 oz. of water and about 8 oz. of diet dr. pepper and 16 oz. of decaf iced tea. Feel more on track. The best news is that I began packing for WDW today, hauled out some crop pants and shirts I have not worn in about a year and a half and they fit perfectly! That was an incredible feeling. The last time I wore those pants was at WDW, I remember sitting on the curb at MK waiting for Spectro and thinking my pants would literally split. I ended up having to switch gears to these yoga pants with an elasticized waist the rest of the trip so I didn't have my pants split off my body in public. So I am happy they fit nicely and can't wait to wear them at WDW next week. Thanks for all the support you all are giving me, its helping!!

Yeah Amy! :yay: Congratulations on your weight loss and on your WDW pants! Way to go! :thumbsup2

I hope you have a wonderful day today! :sunny: Thanks for your support and encouragement in my journal. :goodvibes

Hi Amy,

Congrats on the loss!!! That is great :banana: :banana: :banana:
I know you can make you 20 pound goal before you leave for WDW!!! Wow a week....I bet you are soo excited!

Glad to hear that Ben is feeling better with the meds....hopefully that will make him better :)

Hope you are having a great day! Keep up the great work!

Woohoo! :woohoo: :cool1: :thumbsup2 Great job on the weigh-in! And how cool is that to fit into your WDW pants! :cheer2:

You will lose that .4lb before you go! You must be so excited! :teeth:

You are doing wonderful, and you should be SO proud of yourself! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter