Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

I bet they couldn't get it all finished in the 3 months and are opening it for the busy holiday season and then will go back down to finish it up.

I bet they couldn't get it all finished in the 3 months and are opening it for the busy holiday season and then will go back down to finish it up.
I wouldn’t worry until we see this posted elsewhere. Not that Kenny isn’t a good source but so far he’s the only one.

Well my daughter will sure be disappointed. KRR and Splash are two of her favourites. I for one will not be sorry to not have to get wet in January.

I figured going in January there was a risk one or both would be down. We are missing Splash by a day which is too bad.

Oh man, we're there the 3rd week of January. Does anyone know if the ride gift shop stays open even if the ride is down?

Yes, I know this. But for it to close for 3 months, open up for 1, and then go back down for another month? That doesn't seem "normal". And not all of us can go every year or every 6 months also. So when a ride goes down, it just kind of stings. Again, I know I know. First world problem here...

In the past...they have straddled the holiday window...by far the busiest 12 days of the year.

Not confirmed. WDWMagic has not heard anything about this at this time. Only Kenny is reporting it.

I commented on Kenny's site asking him if it was official. I'll report back if he responds. I won't be crushed if it's closed when we go, but it would be nice for it not to be!

I commented on Kenny's site asking him if it was official. I'll report back if he responds. I won't be crushed if it's closed when we go, but it would be nice for it not to be!
It's not official until Disney reports it and so far they haven't. Even then Disney will move refurb dates around from time to time. I am finding this one hard to believe so far.

It really needs to be shut down until it is completely overhauled. After riding it a few times this March, we skipped riding it in May. I was actually concerned to be in there. The ride was leaking from the ceiling in several places places that have never had water coming down before. That, plus the constant (and sometimes long) shutdowns, made me uncomfortable.

On our last trip this past August it really showed the necessity for refurb. From the scaffolding it looks like exterior work right now. It wouldn't surprise me if they internal work in January. We rode once with no music on the inside and half the animatronics off.

Noooo! We bought DAH tix and riding Splash over and over was a big draw! Say it ain't so!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter