• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any FEMALES with a fave AR15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smh. Not sheltered at all. And thought I was pretty up to date on a lot of things having a DD20. I am guessing, given your description here, at what you mean, but honestly, this is all news to me. (Off to ask DD what she knows.)

Tinder. Freaking Tinder is the reason behind this and at least 10 other impolite innocent phrases I can think of.

I don't think (and I tried to make clear I didn't) that anyone had an issue with the way the OP used it. The OP in the thread which started this was simply looking for a gun of some sort suited to a woman. NBD.

If no one had an issue with it then why did someone report the thread and jump down the OP’s throat about the title having female in it.

Wait, now we aren't supposed to use the word female because some may be offended by it because some ignorant people use it in a derogatory way?
I really do fear for the future, I can't imagine what it is going to be like when all the perpetually offended actually make it out of their safe spaces and have to deal with the real world.

I don't think (and I tried to make clear I didn't) that anyone had an issue with the way the OP used it. The OP in the thread which started this was simply looking for a gun of some sort suited to a woman. NBD.
@punkin asked the OP to stop using the word female for woman because it's rude. You liked that post.

I checked in with both DD20 and DS20. Neither knew what I was talking about.

Tinder. Freaking Tinder is the reason behind this and at least 10 other impolite innocent phrases I can think of.

Not a fan of Tinder, but probably a subject for another thread.

If no one had an issue with it then why did someone report the thread and jump down the OP’s throat about the title having female in it.

I didn't report it, nor did I take issue. I was trying to let folks know that "female" can be used as a not Dis word and that folks might want to reconsider it outside of descriptors, etc. It was that simple.

OK, how about an SIG M400 Elite? It is an AR-15 with a nice, skinny handguard, and includes a red dot sight(SKU RM400-16B-E-R). MSRP is $1359.

Looks awesome... in solid black. Comes with the M-LOK handguard I want. Not sure if I want the ROMEO5 Red Dot but that's optional anyway. Have to check that one out. I was leaning towards the Vortex StrikeFire II Red Dot. Hoping it goes on sale at some point. I like their excellent unlimited lifetime warranty. No receipt needed, doesn't matter where you bought it and it's fully transferrable. Heard great things about Vortex.

Girls. Girls. Are u kidding Me?

Just kidding!

I was raised shooting targets. Have no interest in hunting. Women or females or girls or anyone with those parts are entitled to do as their male boy man counterparts do. Or anyone who identifies otherwise.

Hope u find what u are looking for
But I have to admit I always hope Bambi gets away!!!

I feel ya. I'm no hunter either. I just love shooting. In the process of putting in my own shooting range. Have measured out 100 yds from where the backstop will be. Just finished clearing the 'lane' but still need to drop about 5 large trees before it's perfect. Then we'll start on the backstop and haul in the dirt for it. And for those wondering, the shooting law here is to be 100 yds from any occupied dwelling (unless given written permission from dwelling owner) and prevent fired ammo from leaving your property.

OP, have you considered building your own from a stripped lower? I found it to be a great experience to get exactly what you want and assembling it gets you familiar with the rifle on day one.

Eek, I know it can be done but I'm not confident in my build skills and prefer to have the safety of a warranty if anything were to fail. That's definitely an option though down the road.

I didn't report it, nor did I take issue. I was trying to let folks know that "female" can be used as a not Dis word and that folks might want to reconsider it outside of descriptors, etc. It was that simple.

I didn’t say you did but someone did and if “no one” was offended by the OP’s use of the word female, like you said in the post I quoted, then why was it reported? And what started the debate in the first place?

So Tinder determines what is offensive and not? :rotfl2:

It exists and changes social norms and language. I could say a number of things we wouldn't know/use if not for Tinder/Grinder. I NEVER said it was a good thing. I mean, I wish I didn't know most of them.

Yes. Facts and/or descriptors - fine. BUT, are ya'll really so sheltered you don't know that using female in that way is the same as a certain word which describes anatomy in a very ugly way? I mean, read between what I'm saying here guys...its not nice, or polite, but it exists.

Okay, so if a guy says, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no females" means exactly the same as, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no (female parts)". But, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no women" means something else entirely????

Eek, I know it can be done but I'm not confident in my build skills and prefer to have the safety of a warranty if anything were to fail. That's definitely an option though down the road.

I strongly encourage you to look up how to build one it's much much easier than you think, especially if you just build the lower out then buy the completed upper.

Before i knew much of anything about AR's I started to build mine, by the time I was done I learned a whole lot and had a complete picture of how AR's work. Until the ATF hurry's up with my tax stamp (for a DD MK18) its still my one and only AR15 and everyone that shoots it is impressed by the build.

So Tinder determines what is offensive and not? :rotfl2:

I guess I’m really out of touch with the modern world. Never knew using the word female could be offensive, and I have no idea what Tinder is. Or I’m just old.

I didn’t say you did but someone did and if “no one” was offended by the OP’s use of the word female, like you said in the post I quoted, then why was it reported? And what started the debate in the first place?

I'm pretty sure the person who reported it took issue with guns being discussed, not the word female.

It all has to do with context IMO...the word female can certainly be used in a deragatory way, as can woman and girl. However, I’m getting the impression (not 100% sure since the thread has been edited) the OP was trying to get a female perspective or opinion on a purchase she is wanting to make. If someone finds that offensive they need to grow up, no matter how “old” they are.

I changed "female" to "girl" and AR15 to "Modern Sporting Rifle" or "MSR" throughout my post. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter