• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any FEMALES with a fave AR15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the person who reported it took issue with guns being discussed, not the word female.

That may certainly be the case but someone obviously took offense to the OP’s use of the word female, or the debate over it being offensive wouldn’t have started in the first place.

Like I said in my first post...context is key. I don’t think the OP’s use can possibly be seen as offensive unless the person is the type who gets offended just to be offended.

That may certainly be the case but someone obviously took offense to the OP’s use of the word female, or the debate over it being offensive wouldn’t have started in the first place.

Like I said in my first post...context is key. I don’t think the OP’s use can possibly be seen as offensive unless the person is the type who gets offended just to be offended.

I don't disagree. Context is key. When I first read the original subject line, I thought "ewww." (I do not like to be called "females" when women, ladies, gals, seems more appropriate. If the OP was looking for advice for purchasing a gun for her husband/father/brother, I don't think she would have phrased it "Any males have a favorite...") But I quickly realized by context that the OP didn't "mean anything" by it (although since her choice was to replace it with "girls " I wonder if she's baiting), so I didn't comment until many people said that nobody minds being called "a female." I don't care to be, personally.

ETA: my opinion is totally separate from anything going on with Tinder. I've never used it.

Last edited:
Okay, so if a guy says, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no females" means exactly the same as, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no (female parts)". But, "I'm not coming to the party if there's no women" means something else entirely????

Both are pretty bad, but female is objectifying in a very explicit way. I'm completely hamstrung in explaining due to the nature of the rules of the Dis.

To most of the younger generations tinder is a hook up app. However I actually met my husband on it so I don’t have nearly the negative feelings about it some people do.

I've known tons of people who have met their long term partners on Tinder. It's long ago stopped being hook-up only, but you do still see plenty of that as well.

I've known tons of people who have met their long term partners on Tinder. It's long ago stopped being hook-up only, but you do still see plenty of that as well.

Really? I’ve always thought it was a Netflix and chill kinda place. Start a thread and dumb it all down for me.

Listen folks. There is an actual debate going on about the word FEMALE. How ridiculous is that?! I've tried to be sensitive to folks here but my tolerance is wearing really thin at this point. I'm trying to have an adult conversation about the original topic of this thread and I'm wading through a lot of insanity over the word FEMALE. Enough. I would appreciate it if it came to a conclusion already. I appreciate the support of my fellow DISers but it's time to shut it down.

The person that reported the thread was the first to reply to it and their post was deleted by the moderator. It can still be seen in other replies as they were quoted. Their gripe was over the title which stated AR15 so I changed it to Modern Sporting Rifle. They haven't been back and I'm assuming they got a warning from the moderator. They were quite hostile and rude. While shocked by their response, I maintained a respectful tone. But then, I'm called out on the, correct use mind you, of the word FEMALE. Seriously?! You're absolutely right, jrmasm. This thread IS weird. :crazy2:

Listen folks. There is an actual debate going on about the word FEMALE. How ridiculous is that?! I've tried to be sensitive to folks here but my tolerance is wearing really thin at this point. I'm trying to have an adult conversation about the original topic of this thread and I'm wading through a lot of insanity over the word FEMALE. Enough. I would appreciate it if it came to a conclusion already. I appreciate the support of my fellow DISers but it's time to shut it down.

The person that reported the thread was the first to reply to it and their post was deleted by the moderator. It can still be seen in other replies as they were quoted. Their gripe was over the title which stated AR15 so I changed it to Modern Sporting Rifle. They haven't been back and I'm assuming they got a warning from the moderator. They were quite hostile and rude. While shocked by their response, I maintained a respectful tone. But then, I'm called out on the, correct use mind you, of the word FEMALE. Seriously?! You're absolutely right, jrmasm. This thread IS weird. :crazy2:
You’re behind. It’s moved onto Tinder now.

Really? I’ve always thought it was a Netflix and chill kinda place. Start a thread and dumb it all down for me.

It draws SO many people of all types. Not just Netflix and chill at all (nothing wrong with that of course). I shouldn't have brought up Tinder though at all. I've long since learned not to discuss dating in more than passing on the Dis...lol!

Ya'll know now what "female" can be used to equate to - or at least I hope you get it. What language you use, is your business. I was just trying to inform (I have a ton of funny non-Dis stories about explaining stuff to my mom!).

Has the OP gotten any answers yet or is this just a debate about whether a word is good or bad? Bizarre isn't the word for this thread.

Okay, this is a weird thread and it has quite a lot of snark in it. Since it’s veered off into debates and posts with lots of attitude, I’m closing it now.

OP, this was a very odd question to bring to the DIS. I’m sure you can find other forums much better suited to this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter