Any FEMALES with a fave AR15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Would really like the opinion of some girls on which "Modern Sporting Rifle" they personally like. YouTube is saturated with dudes but girls are pretty much nonexistent. I'm leaning towards the LWRC DI (w/ M-LOK rail system). I like the build quality, the Magpul grip and even though some folks find the fluted barrel kinda cheesy, I personally like it. All this being said, I haven't actually held one in the store yet. So... anyone here with a "Modern Sporting Rifle" at home that they love?

Last edited:
OK. I was thinking that this couldn't be what I think it was from the title.

No advice but good luck finding the best one for you.

Thanks puck. Not trying to stir a pot. Just trying to put together a short list so I know what to select at the store. YouTube is great for seeing the "MSRs" but I really want a girl's point of view on them too.

Last edited:
What’s wrong with talking about the best sporting rifle for women? Women can sport shoot and hunt too.

I personally don’t see any merit from taking about guns on a DISNEY site. There’s plenty of other sites for that. The mods have the final say though.

I personally don’t see any merit from taking about guns on a DISNEY site. There’s plenty of other sites for that. The mods have the final say though.

People ask for advice about all kinds of purchases on the community board. I would think it would be really weird for the mods to remove a post about a product which is not only legal but plentiful in the USA. There are more guns than cars in this country. Roughly a hundred million more actually.

People ask for advice about all kinds of purchases on the community board. I would think it would be really weird for the mods to remove a post about a product which is not only legal but plentiful in the USA. There are more guns than cars in this country. Roughly a hundred million more actually.

The boards aren’t US only. Like I said, the mods will make the decision. I’m out.

What’s wrong with talking about the best sporting rifle for women? Women can sport shoot and hunt too.

Because discussions of firearms on this forum have effectively turned into political advocacy one way or the other.

Because discussions of firearms on this forum have effectively turned into political advocacy one way or the other.

And if it gets to that point the mods will shut it down. Until then someone reporting this thread is ridiculous. What ever happened to just passing a thread that you have no interest in? Now we are going to report them because we don't like the subject? So childish.

The boards aren’t US only. Like I said, the mods will make the decision. I’m out.

Lol. So the topic of a legal purchase should be curtailed because it may be less prevalent in other areas? You’re from Canada right? There are 30.8 guns PER CAPITA in Canada. Obviously a majority of your fellow citizens aren’t as freaked out by guns (or even just talking about them) as you are. Good luck with that.

Who made it into a political advocacy? Who brought up that it was a “problem” when it is a normal, everyday, legal thing to purchase a sport rifle. It’s funny how when some people don’t like something they make a scene about others doing it and therefore get normal discussion shut down. That is a type of bullying. Really repulsive behavior for adults.

And if it gets to that point the mods will shut it down. Until then someone reporting this thread is ridiculous. What ever happened to just passing a thread that you have no interest in? Now we are going to report them because we don't like the subject? So childish.

I haven't reported it. But I see many threads where firearms are mentioned and it just devolves into advocacy for what's really one political side or another.

Nothing says giving thanks for what you’ve got than discussing something designed to kill. I hope this thread dies a quick death.
Sorry, but I couldn't resist asking this question. Your avatar, that's the Winnipeg Jets logo right? Was the jet in that picture designed to move passengers from point A to point B? Or was it designed for some other purpose?

This thread isn't going to be closed do to topic. It's going to be closed do the fighting and naming calling going on post that have nothing to do with OP orignal post.

Maybe you should have just bypassed the thread since it’s obvious from other threads that you don’t like guns.

As for the OP, you probably should handle one in the store to see if it’s a good fit for you. Some stores will even let you shoot before you buy. I tried shooting several different handguns, all owned by DH and other relatives, before choosing one that was the best fit for me.

Maybe you should have just bypassed the thread since it’s obvious from other threads that you don’t like guns.

As for the OP, you probably should handle one in the store to see if it’s a good fit for you. Some stores will even let you shoot before you buy. I tried shooting several different handguns, all owned by DH and other relatives, before choosing one that was the best fit for me.

I did the same when I got my (concealable) handgun but I was limited in what was available to test out. Ended up just doing extensive research online and chose one I didn't actually get to test out first but I love it. Lucked out. There are soooo many MSRs to choose from though. It would help to hear from some girls. YouTube is really lacking on the girl perspective as far as MSRs. Men definitely dominate there but it's still a great place to see and learn about all things 'firearms'. Maybe I just haven't hit on the right search terms??

The DIS has always been helpful in the past in ALL matters :worship:. Even when I asked about how much dirt for a shooting backstop several months ago I got great advice. It didn't blow up in my face like this thread did. This time, not so much. The folks this thread is aimed toward (haha, get it?) were probably too busy with the holiday/shopping. But this is the Community Board. Everything from benign chatter to serious topics are discussed. Kinda the definition of Community Board. Nothing is out of bounds here as long as it falls within the official rules of the board. To all that were supportive, I thank you.:love2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter