Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

And if DVC put a golf cart path from the cabins to Epcot, (totally feasible) they would sell out in no time flat. ( Hey Disney, Added value, low maintenance.)

Tell me how the golf cart trail would get to the other side of Epcot Blvd.

And they won't pay for a bridge....

I realize there has to be updates and refreshing of all resort rooms. That being said I really just feel like someone said,
"Well, if we must have cabins and campsites we will just remodel them, make them DVC and charge as much as we can get away with to bring in the big s[enders and make up our losses". Im not happy about this at all. And charging upwards of 200+ a night for certain campsites is unnecessary. They've priced us out...>:(
If the Dues really are going to be $12/ point ish then Fort Wilderness is getting expensive to up keep per campsite/ cabin. All of that infrastructure (pool, boats, busses, cleaning, roads etc) costs money and that cost keeps going up. The dues are a good way of seeing the costs divided by the size of the resort. The Fort does not have a lot of people to divide the costs by.

If the Dues really are going to be $12/ point ish then Fort Wilderness is getting expensive to up keep per campsite/ cabin. All of that infrastructure (pool, boats, busses, cleaning, roads etc) costs money and that cost keeps going up. The dues are a good way of seeing the costs divided by the size of the resort. The Fort does not have a lot of people to divide the costs by.
Not to mention, water heater & HVAC unit for each building, not just one that everyone shares with a bunch of vent tubing.

I think this is the driver for the maintenance fees. There are only 365 +/- units to spread all the costs across. I also wonder if the life expectancy of the trailers is factored in. A regular DVC will have a remodel every "X" years, but the building is not being replaced. If the Trailers need to be replaced every 20 years ($50-100k? Disney cost each), that would be much more than a remodel on a single DVC room.

j

Last edited:
TBH I am too lazy to read through all of the threads. What does everyone here think about the new cabins and the whole DVC thing?
I hate it. The cabins are boring and bland. Not wilderness at all, they look like the sheds you see in Lowes parking lots. And putting DVC in ruins the laid back camping vibe in my opinion.

The construction companies are getting ready for the cabin conversions, @BaymaxFan78 . I got back from the Fort this week and the big field used for Halloween and Christmas over/overflow parking near the Hitch/Unhitch loops are being planked over for a work yard.

See my photos page 3 of my Trip Report thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/g...-2024-visit-to-fort-wilderness.3937956/page-3

DVC may .... May ..... MAY ..... decide to build on the old River Country property (since they already spent a TON of money to clear it and prep it) soon and that resort and its amenities may.... May..... MAY be available to CFW guests (Cabins at Fort Wilderness=DVC property).

You don't have to like it.

You don't have to love it.

But it's happenin' now.

My opinions are spread through the 8 pages (currently) of this thread.

You can read them at your leisure.

Bama Ed

PS - and the good thing is: if you don't like it - you don't have to buy it; you don't have to visit it; and you don't have to stay in it. I think that's a Win-Win all around for everybody.

Last edited:
I think Ed summed up many of our thoughts. I rarely went back by the cabins, so changing them out has zero impact for me. As for DVC, I'm interested to see what new amenities the Fort may get. We could use a good sit down restaurant since TE was turned into a grab-n-go.

j

Guide said today they will have a model for tour in ‘a month or two’. Would hope so if they’re opening this summer. He said they went to the manufacturer site to see, and they will come in put together panels.

Biggest plus I see is that I can sleep 3 in the bedroom. We usually have our one adult child with us and it would be great to have the ability to let some sleep later and have the living room open for the others. It also has a much more affordable point chart, reminds me of AKV value. Don’t like lack of washer and dryer. Grand Floridian and Riviera are lovely, but some of us love DVC and Disney and resorts like CFW are what we can afford.

I would recommend it for young families, or if I want to invest in something for my future grandkids.

Guide said today they will have a model for tour in ‘a month or two’. Would hope so if they’re opening this summer. He said they went to the manufacturer site to see, and they will come in put together panels.

My thought was when they started offering CFW to existing DVC owners on Feb 1, there would have been a model unit then to walk through and see in person.

Guess not. I wonder how many points/contracts they'll close in February without a walk-through model?

Bama Ed

My thought was when they started offering CFW to existing DVC owners on Feb 1, there would have been a model unit then to walk through and see in person.

Guess not. I wonder how many points/contracts they'll close in February without a walk-through model?

Bama Ed
The phrase 'pig in a poke' comes to mind.

The nugget from that link is that they will start removing the legacy cabins on March 19, 2024.

That is consistent with the info I received and shared back in my January trip report thread.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter