Anyone else waiting for jetBlue to release April 2008?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
I am waiting patiently, ok not so patiently, for jetBlue to release their fares for April 2008. Last year they released them at the beginning of August. We already have our resort booked and I'm dying to book the airfare.

Anyone else waiting with me?

Waiting for March dates to open.popcorn::
Any body have the inside track on when this might occur?
Chris

Same here waiting for March, I hope within the next 3 weeks. FOr 2007 they released them at the beginning of August but for 2006 they released them mid July.

Count me in on the wait too!! Although I just got the JetBlueAmex and am going to use my TrueBlue points to buy my ticket. Going during school vacation week so am thinking this is a good time to use these points.I just activated my card and it takes about 6 weeks for the points to post to my account.Any thoughts on when they will release these dates....I have been over to FlyerTalk to see if there is any speculation....none that I can find....anyone here??I am looking for BOS/MCO....4/22-5/1,2008.

I am waiting on February vacation. I could have sworn I reserved tix for this past February by this time last year. :scratchin

I got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger on a one-way non-stop for our return trip in Feb (MCO-BOS) @$114 each, base: great price. I missed cheaper options on the non-stop options for the outbound leg. So we're looking for JetBlue, which is our favorite anyway. Delta has been well over $350 for the one-way non-stop since I started tracking and is over $400 now. We might just end up on Southwest, though it might be tricky leaving from PVD or MHT and returning to BOS, tho we'd figure it out if we had to. Still, our preference is always JetBlue, so I hope they come out with something in my ballbark soon.:goodvibes

I am waiting on February vacation. I could have sworn I reserved tix for this past February by this time last year. :scratchin

I got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger on a one-way non-stop for our return trip in Feb (MCO-BOS) @$114 each base: great price. I missed cheaper options on the non-stop options for the outbound leg. So we're looking for JetBlue, which is our favorite anyway. Delta has been well over $350 for the one-way non-stop since I started tracking and is over $400 now. We might just end up on Southwest, though it might be tricky leaving from PVD or MHT and returning to BOS, tho we'd figure it out if we had to. Still, our preference is always JetBlue, so I hope they come out with something in my ballbark soon.:goodvibes

Hey neighbor!

I found my info from last year. We bought our jetBlue tickets for April '07 on Aug. 1. I thought Feb-Apr fares were all released at once, but maybe I'm mistaken - my memory isn't what it used to be. In any case, it should be very soon. I hope you get what you're looking for! :)

Last year, Jet Blue posted the March and April dates on July 31st. I remember it was a Monday, because I was home sick from work. I just got back from Vacation and with no Internet connection, I had to phone daily. The staff were very nice and told me that they also do not when the flights will be posted and usually find out from a customer who has found out on the internet. The one tip they did give me was when you phone, they give you the date that they are booking till in the voice message. As soon as the dates are extended they will immediately upgrade the voice message! I am impatiently waiting for March 7-16 from SYR. Anyone else flying Canadian March Break? :surfweb:

Cheryl

I need March too! I'm leaving for vacation from July 27 - August 7, so I'll probably miss the date they open. Are they like SW, do they open with lower rates that eventually go up within hours of release? I've flown Jetblue, but I've never booked tickets on the day that they were released.

The last few times I have bought JetBlue tix for peak times like this, I have found the fares available on Kayak.com first, even before they were fully loaded to the JetBlue website. As other Kayak users know, the site simply sends you to the airline's website directly from your search, so it is interesting that you can search and obtain tix earlier by searching on Kayak; when you would search directly on the JetBlue site the dates would show up unavailable, but thru the Kayak search we were connected right up to the dates we wanted on JetBlue.

So I am going to continue checking Kayak several times a day for Presidents' Day weekend flights so I can get them as the airline loads them up.

I got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger on a one-way non-stop for our return trip in Feb (MCO-BOS) @$114 each base: great price. I missed cheaper options on the non-stop options for the outbound leg. So we're looking for JetBlue, which is our favorite anyway. Delta has been well over $350 for the one-way non-stop since I started tracking and is over $400 now. We might just end up on Southwest, though it might be tricky leaving from PVD or MHT and returning to BOS, tho we'd figure it out if we had to. Still, our preference is always JetBlue, so I hope they come out with something in my ballbark soon.:goodvibes

THERE'S my fellow February Fanatic!!!

We got Delta BOS-MCO for $99 each way on February 12th. Still no way to get home yet. DS's school district has no school for the kids on Thurs and Fri leading into vacation, so we're bailing on Tuesday afternoon, and DS will only miss a day and a half of school, for a 12 day vacation.

I'm waiting on JetBlue for Feb as well. Last year we managed to score a great flight on AirTran, RSW to BOS, but that's when they had just launched their non-stops from Boston to FL. To me, flying with a connection, in February, is too dicey. If we had to, we'd do a SWA flight into PVD and connect in Orlando to get home, because after WDW, we go to my parent's house in Ft. Myers. I don't think they'll have ice in Orlando in February.

THERE'S my fellow February Fanatic!!!

We got Delta BOS-MCO for $99 each way on February 12th. Still no way to get home yet. DS's school district has no school for the kids on Thurs and Fri leading into vacation, so we're bailing on Tuesday afternoon, and DS will only miss a day and a half of school, for a 12 day vacation.

I'm waiting on JetBlue for Feb as well. Last year we managed to score a great flight on AirTran, RSW to BOS, but that's when they had just launched their non-stops from Boston to FL. To me, flying with a connection, in February, is too dicey. If we had to, we'd do a SWA flight into PVD and connect in Orlando to get home, because after WDW, we go to my parent's house in Ft. Myers. I don't think they'll have ice in Orlando in February.
I'm jealous you're heading out on the 12th. I think the Friday afternoon (2/15) is as early as we can do it, since we're coming back on the Monday and missing a day of school then. We're also taking the kids out of school a day in April, so any more than these would be tough on DD's schoolwork.

:goodvibes Here's hoping we get something halfway decent from our friends at JetBlue!

You are all stronger than I! I had intentions of waiting for Jet Blue as I would love to try them. I have read such good things about them! But I have very little patience for waiting! I was able to get nonstop round trips Boston to Orlando for our March 10-16 trip for $218 a piece so I grabbed them. Delta is not my favorite leading up to the flight (their notorious changes) but I just couldn't wait and the times and price were right for us.

Hope JB opens soon for you and you can all get booked!

Allyson

You are all stronger than I! I had intentions of waiting for Jet Blue as I would love to try them. I have read such good things about them! But I have very little patience for waiting! I was able to get nonstop round trips Boston to Orlando for our March 10-16 trip for $218 a piece so I grabbed them. Delta is not my favorite leading up to the flight (their notorious changes) but I just couldn't wait and the times and price were right for us.

Allyson

Allyson--if the times work, I would have jumped on these flights as well. $218 for a roundtrip is a decent fare.

I'm normally not quite this cavalier, but I can't see paying as much for one one way ticket home as we paid for all three of us to fly down. If I have to, I'll have to, but I can wait a bit longer.

I too am waiting for April..

Any thoughts on when??

Airtran has through most of March already.....

Allyson
Allyson; it turns out that we couldn't wait either. DW saw a one-way non-stop BOS-TPA (eek!, Tampa?!) for $144 each on the Friday afternoon before Presidents' Day on Delta, and we could not resist. We already booked the return at an even better rate, tho on AirTran. Now we are heading to Vero Beach that weekend, and Tampa to Vero is a nearly 3 hr drive, but anything else to Central or South Florida was running >$350 each, and last year JetBlue debuted at $305 each way for February school break. There will be 5 of us (including Grandma) so the price difference is pretty significant.

We nabbed an afternoon (after school too) flight on the Friday, we'll overnight at an airport hotel, pick up the car and drive to Vero. We leave Vero on the Wednesday and hit WDW (BWV) thru the following Monday. So 9 full days and only one school day missed.:cool2:

I much prefer JetBlue whenever we can. Between the more comfortable seats, the service, the TV to occupy cranky children and other passengers... it's all good.
I just couldn't wait on a fare that was probably going to be as high as the other ones already out there. We will just have to figure out a way to entertain the kids on the flights. Including taxes, our round-trip cost for the trip comes to $283 each for non-stops, compared to the lowest alternative non-stop itinerary BOS-MCO of $773 for our dates and times ($500 if we're including TPA); so minimum of $1000 saved for our party of 5.:woohoo:

Nicely done pumkinboy. Although I was counting on you to be my 'early warning device' for when JetBlue starts hitting Kayak. Now I'll need to do my own legwork :lmao:

I would have jumped at the $144 for that Friday before President's Day.

Off to scour again to try and find a flight home.....

I already booked by flights from phl to mco for april 08 $186 total round trip through travelocity. Booked 3 weeks ago on united. Don't know what else might be available, but last year we waited and paid $245 so I am very happy

Anyone have any idea approx. when for Jetblue, Airtran or SW??Any good guesses??

I too was waiting for February,but keeping an eye on Continental, when Continental dropped to $132 round trip I pounced on those tix. I prefer JetBlue, but I just couldn't pass up that price.

For anyone experienced with the BOS/MCO route.....remember last year when JetBlue was released on Kayak a couple of days earlier than their own website?And the fares started at $299 each way!!!!Once the fares were actually released the fare was lower but went down even further. We are flying out of Logan on April 22....should we hop on a $299 fare since it is schoool vacation week or hold back a little and hope they go down. Even though it is school vacation week here in Mass...it is a Tuesday after the big weekend exodus.Anyone got any experience going during this time frame( not our first choice of when to go but we are getting our last use out of PAP's).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter