Anyone else waiting for jetBlue to release April 2008?

Thanks for the advice Pig Pen. :) Unfortunately, I think Burlington is about six hours away. :( I think we are just going to hold off planning anything. My husband doesn't like to commit this far ahead anyway. We could always look into flying out of Rochester, Buffalo or Albany. Another idea is to look into Hilton Head DVC and just drive the 15 or 16 hours there.

Jet Blue definitely knows when the area schools' spring breaks are...I looked up Burlington to MCO flights for April 19-17 (our local spring break) and prices are $329 to $429 one way!

Bichon Barb - check Burlington VT flights for April 12-19. It may be worth the drive?
Don't think for a second that every airline is not aware of when the schools are out in a given city.

For example...find a city that has Presidents week off for school...Take a look at any airline for fares the week before President's week(low), the week of(very high) and the week after(low). I am talking about flying on Saturday or Sunday.

Perhaps to me it is a big deal that my kids miss school, I have tried all different days and am still pricing out all my choices. My kids have also already stated that they don't want to miss 3 days of school, they don't want to have to do all that work when they get back on top of all the other work they are going to have to do. FYI last year I flew out on a Sunday and back on a Saturday and it was less than 250 RT per person.

Cant the kids get their work from the the school and do it at nite while in the hotel room? ºOº

Don't think for a second that every airline is not aware of when the schools are out in a given city.

For example...find a city that has Presidents week off for school...Take a look at any airline for fares the week before President's week(low), the week of(very high) and the week after(low). I am talking about flying on Saturday or Sunday.

I understand Presidents week, because that is the same every year, and so many schools are off that week. But our April break is so random this year. Most of the northeast has the week after us off. I don't even know if other parts of Central New York have the week of 4/12 off. :confused3 Now I have to go look at other school districts' calendars to see what they have off. LOL.

I understand Presidents week, because that is the same every year, and so many schools are off that week. But our April break is so random this year. Most of the northeast has the week after us off. I don't even know if other parts of Central New York have the week of 4/12 off. :confused3 Now I have to go look at other school districts' calendars to see what they have off. LOL.

Ous has always been the last full week of April and it continues next year.

Okay, Syracuse City Schools have off the same week (we are in one of the suburban districts), Rochester City Schools have the same week, but Buffalo does not. Actually, looks like Buffalo has a long weekend for Pres week but then has two weeks off, back to back, in March. :scared1:

Okay, Syracuse City Schools have off the same week (we are in one of the suburban districts), Rochester City Schools have the same week, but Buffalo does not. Actually, looks like Buffalo has a long weekend for Pres week but then has two weeks off, back to back, in March. :scared1:
Maybe for the city schools, but not the suburbs. One week off during Prez week and one week off in mid-April.

DDs' school is off the week of 4/12-4/22,and they also have a 4 day weekend at Easter!We're an hour South of Albany.

OK,,,maybe I missed something way back here,,,Is this whole discussion about wanting lower fares from JB and thinking that JB knows when schools are off and they increase the fares like gas stations do around hoilidays because more people tend to travel? I only ask because I haven't read all 27 + pages of this post so forgive me. ºOº

OK,,,maybe I missed something way back here,,,Is this whole discussion about wanting lower fares from JB and thinking that JB knows when schools are off and they increase the fares like gas stations do around hoilidays because more people tend to travel? I only ask because I haven't read all 27 + pages of this post so forgive me. ºOº

The thread is about people waiting for Jet Blue to release Mar and Apr fares. Now that the fares have been released, some of them are very high. Right now people are talking about the how and why of the high fares. Like any thread things have strayed here and there.

Maine and Mass always have the week of Patriots day off and I think Pres. Day Week (at least Maine does) and the airlines know it. The demand for the flights is there and they charge more.

If I was to book on JetBlue right now for Thurs 4/17 to Fri 4/25 or any time within a few days after that the cheapest I would pay $684.10 pp.
But if I change to Wed 4/16 to Thur 4/24 then the cheapest I would pay is $278.10 pp. Big difference. Many parents do not want their child to miss the extra day of school.

Ok,,,I wont start arguing the fact about kids missing a day of school (dont need any moms beating me with a stick lol),,,ANYWAY,,,,I'm not living in Florida yet (but by the end of Oct I will be) I booked my RT flight for March of 08 to fly from MCO to SYR on JB mind you the day JB released the March/April fares for 08 and paid $109.40...and yes that was for a RT ticket. ºOº Oh,,and thats a direct flight too.

In WDW right now sooo glad that I booked AirTran before I left JetBlue's prices are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: Fares way to high on JetBlue from Boston to New Orleans....And only 2 flights to choose from for the departing flight, afternoon, I would miss dinner with friends, no way.

So, do we think they are going to lower the fares at all - or do I need to fudge my dates a bit so I pay $600/pp instead of $800?? :scared:

Jill

So, do we think they are going to lower the fares at all - or do I need to fudge my dates a bit so I pay $600/pp instead of $800?? :scared:

Jill

I'm not sure, but I don't think they'll lower them. Last year, I paid $327 pp to go Mon-Mon of school vacation week. I checked my flights every day for months, and they only went up. They went up as high as $617 pp.

I booked my '08 flights on Fri and they have gone up from $308 pp to $418 pp in 4 days. I keep checking, but I doubt they'll go down.

I would suggest playing around with your dates (we got a better rate by going Wed-Thu) and if you find a fare you're ok with, book it. You can always get a credit if the fares come down after you book. Good luck! :)

It would be nice if they actually LET me book a flight! I have tried 2x today and both times got kicked off right at the payment screen. Frustrating!

I have decided to just go ahead and book now so we can have a seat. How do I go about getting a credit if by chance they do go down? (Right now I have to pay $299/pp/each way..:scared: ) They way we look at it, the April trip will be "free" for us because we bought into DVC in august and with the incentive points we got we can get trips for april and august without having to pay for lodging and without having to tap into our yearly points. :cool1: We are also pass holders so we won't have to pay for tickets then. So it will be the airfare that eats up our costs...

I will keep trying to get in...I am hoping that's a sign that they are lowering the prices! :)

Jill

It would be nice if they actually LET me book a flight! I have tried 2x today and both times got kicked off right at the payment screen. Frustrating!

I have decided to just go ahead and book now so we can have a seat. How do I go about getting a credit if by chance they do go down? (Right now I have to pay $299/pp/each way..:scared: ) They way we look at it, the April trip will be "free" for us because we bought into DVC in august and with the incentive points we got we can get trips for april and august without having to pay for lodging and without having to tap into our yearly points. :cool1: We are also pass holders so we won't have to pay for tickets then. So it will be the airfare that eats up our costs...

I will keep trying to get in...I am hoping that's a sign that they are lowering the prices! :)

Jill

Sorry to hear that you keep getting kicked off the JB website. That's annoying :mad: .

I've never had my fares go down, but from what I've read you can call JB and ask for a credit if your fares drops. However, you won't receive a credit to your credit card, you'll receive a credit toward a future flight on JB. With being a DVC member (Welcome Home, by the way), you'll probably always have your next trip planned, so it shouldn't be hard to use a credit down the road. Good luck! :goodvibes

Jill - have you tried kayak or sidestep to see if any other airlines are cheaper. That sounds like A LOT of money to fly to Orlando.

I love JetBlue....but they always seem to be higher. We've had great luck getting good fares on Airtran.

Best of luck to you.

Heather

Jill

Really? That is too high for MCO. I would try kayak and see what else if out there. $600 per peson is crazy!! Where are you flying out of and when?

It finally let me book but now it keeps kicking me out when I try to get my seats...:confused:

I am flying out of Boston and it is during our spring break. We like Jet Blue and that it what we want to stick with. (I miss Song!! :( )

I know it is high, but I *really* just want to get the airfare booked so I can get the DVC resort booked. It will be our first time going DVC and I am not sure how quickly those resorts rooms fill up during busy times. If by any chance it does come down then I will jump on the credit for our august trip.

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter