Anyone got COVID after returning home from Disney Parks Or Universal?????

The Florida website included non-resident cases.
That's correct, but those are only non-residents who test positive in Florida.

So, for example, if an out-of-state visitor tests positive in Miami they will be counted as a non-resident case. If they visit Miami and test positive after returning home, Florida would have no way of knowing about their test.

We went to WDW in October (drove down), tested negative twice after that trip.
I had to go to Texas for work (flying) two weeks ago, tested negative twice after that trip, too.

I have heard it said repeatedly on a certain WDW blog that they are confident that WDW does not have outbreaks because there have not been any major CM outbreaks. But I don't buy it because guests often engage in more high-risk activity than CMs. Guests have to take their masks off to eat indoors at most WDW restaurants (most do not have outdoor dining) whereas CMs working in restaurants constantly wear masks and face shields. Swimming pools/hot tubs--the lifeguards wear masks, but guests don't, even when it is very crowded. Also, guests waiting a long time in an indoor ride queue may be stuck near other guests who are not wearing their mask for an hour or more and refuse to comply with requests (happened to us a bunch). And don't even get me started on the indoor maskless "relaxation" areas. In other words, I expect the transmission between guests to be quite a bit higher than transmission to CMs.

I have heard it said repeatedly on a certain WDW blog that they are confident that WDW does not have outbreaks because there have not been any major CM outbreaks. But I don't buy it because guests often engage in more high-risk activity than CMs. Guests have to take their masks off to eat indoors at most WDW restaurants (most do not have outdoor dining) whereas CMs working in restaurants constantly wear masks and face shields.

I live next to WDW and many of our friends are CMs. It’s not public, but there are huge outbreaks of Covid right now among the CMs at DHS and MK. Galaxy’s Edge CMs got hit hard. However, they don’t believe they contracted the virus at work-many of the CMs gather after work together and there’s been quite a few parties. There’s a lot being kept hidden here in FL. We still go to the parks, but we are extra vigilant.

Thanks for being so truthful. I got bashed for asking the question:(

I have done five vacations in the past six months, all in Florida, not all at Disney, and so far (knocking on wood) no issues. Of course, living and vacationing in the same state means I would be counted as Florida either way. My sister has had to go on three business trips outside of Florida, traveling by air, and did not get sick.

If you are looking at deaths in Florida, in the last week we’ve added 30 to the death toll for August. So the death numbers for December are a work in progress.

Just throwing it out there to see what I would hear from everyone. Not trying to be negative or a Debbie downer :(. Just truly wondered as I do know crowds are on the upswing. I’m over 60 so I’m more prone with having ASTHEMA also. Again, not trying to stir up anything. I’m amazed of the comments some have written! Thks everyone for your input!

We went with a family group in mid-July. The 3 in our family stayed almost 2 weeks; the other group had 4 people and stayed for 8 days. We all flew roud-trip on flights that were pretty full. Quite of few of the stricter rules were not yet in place. Nobody got sick.

We did follow Disney's rules; washed hands a lot; and are pro-active with our general health. We can't wait to come back!

I've been four times - flew home on full flights two of those trips. We haven't gotten sick at all. We have been very vigilant about masks, sanitizer, washing hands, no indoor dining, keeping our distance from others (as much as possible anyway), etc. In fact, I've always come back from Disney with some sort of bug, and these trips are the first time that hasn't happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter