Anyone know what's going on 8/21/18 at Magic Kingdom?

We were at the MK last year, last week of August and went to MK one day when the party was, even though we didn't attend the party and yes, the whole main street decorated with big pumpkin heads and everything. It's over 2 months before Halloween, Disney is really pushing it but it's always about the $$$.

I keep having this random memory that MK had some preliminary odd August hours last year that were later changed when MNSSHP dates were announced. Having deja vu on this topic for some reason.

I could be making that up, but anyone remember that?

I think you're making it up. :duck:

We go the end of August every year so I'm always holding out hope for an August party. I remember the only early closings last year were on the 25th and the 29th. Even then, I didn't think they were going to be for the Halloween party, so I was pleasantly surprised.

A few years back, they had at least one early MK closing. Everyone thought for sure it meant a Halloween party. But hours got updated just before the party dates were announced and it turned into a regular park closing.

This is the same time frame that we will be in WDW and we knew there was a possibility of Halloween parties happening. We had already decided not to attend since it's pretty hard to feel in the mood for fall and Halloween smack dab in the middle of 90+ degrees August!

I don't know. Most of September feels that way too. We went to a super hot Halloween party in mid October one year.

I think you're making it up. :duck:

We go the end of August every year so I'm always holding out hope for an August party. I remember the only early closings last year were on the 25th and the 29th. Even then, I didn't think they were going to be for the Halloween party, so I was pleasantly surprised.

A few years back, they had at least one early MK closing. Everyone thought for sure it meant a Halloween party. But hours got updated just before the party dates were announced and it turned into a regular park closing.

Thanks. The bold is what I must be thinking of... that must be causing the deja vu.

I guess the point being, there is precedent for MK hours to not always be the end all/be all, until MNSSHP dates are actually announced.

Thanks. The bold is what I must be thinking of, because I swear this has happened at some point.

I guess the point being, there is precedent for MK hours to not always be the end all/be all, until MNSSHP dates are actually announced.

It was such a let down when it did happen a few years back

I'm cautiously optimistic for the earlier party dates this year, but hours can definitely be updated at any time. You're right. Nothing is certain until they officially announce the MNSSHP party dates.

I don't know. Most of September feels that way too. We went to a super hot Halloween party in mid October one year.
Yes and we did attend a Halloween Party in Sept 2014. It was 90 plus degrees and extremely humid. Sept just feels closer to the actual holiday than Aug does. ;-)

We went to the second Halloween party last year, Aug 29. I was happy to do Halloeeen that year at Disney. We planned our trip before they announced the dates. I was glad it worked for us. Yes it was hot, but it was what it was.

I'm laughing at the comments that the heat doesn't make it feel like Halloween. As a South Floridian and a military spouse living in Texas and Arizona, I haven't experienced a chilly Halloween yet :rotfl2:

That's the time of year when PWC has thousand of interns come to WDW for their annual event. I don't know the schedule yet, but the timing seems about right.
I was one of those interns 10 years ago. Our special park night was at AK though..... when AK closed early to begin with, and we were confined to a limited area. Was pretty lame. If they rent out MK now, I'm jealous. :)

I'm glad we decided that our end of August trip wouldn't be a huge focus on the parks. We are planning on doing MK on Wed, since the park will be open till midnight. But now I'm wondering how packed out a Wed will be if the park has a MNSSHP scheduled for Sunday and Friday?

It's always hot in Louisiana for Halloween, so that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm really excited to get to go to MNSSHP for the first time this year.

We went to the first party on August 25 and it did not feel crowded at all. The lines for trick or treating were fairly long, but they moved fast and it was fun to see everyone's costumes while we were in line. We did 2 trick or treat lines and we still have candy left over (should probably think about throwing that out!). We easily found spots for the parade on Main St. right before it started and had no issues finding a great spot for Wishes. We don't do character meets, so I can't comment on those lines. It was SO fun! It didn't really matter to us that Halloween was more than 2 months away. Like many things at Disney, it just felt like a very immersive atmosphere. Kind of like, when you go on just about any ride in WDW, you are transported to a different place and environment for a moment in time. I just felt like for the evening, we were immersed in Halloween, it was fun and really would have been fun any time of the year!

Thanks. The bold is what I must be thinking of... that must be causing the deja vu.

no, you aren't making it up. early crowd calendars also showed MK closing early for the halloween party. I was psyched as we went 8/15 and I thought I was going to get to go. I can't remember when the early calendars corrected the hours but I remember being bummed. Keep in mind I booked in December for the trip so speculation could have been very early .

I was one of those interns 10 years ago. Our special park night was at AK though..... when AK closed early to begin with, and we were confined to a limited area. Was pretty lame. If they rent out MK now, I'm jealous. :)
It's huge, thousands of interns with special events all over the place for two weeks. Lots of fun for the attendees and event CMs.

The 21st is the first day of our August vacation..........thank goodness we've planned Epcot for that day! Sometimes I get lucky :) BTW if it is a MNSSHP party date............jeez that's early o_O

Doug :goofy:

It's always hot in Louisiana for Halloween, so that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm really excited to get to go to MNSSHP for the first time this year.

We live in Minnesota and we're lucky if it's 40 deg. for Halloween. (try putting a halloween costume over a winter coat and snowpants and boots) In fact in 1991, we had 32" of SNOW on Halloween. So, we love to be able to Trick-or-treet when it's anything above freezing and we can wear t-shirts and shorts!

~D

We were at the MK last year, last week of August and went to MK one day when the party was, even though we didn't attend the party and yes, the whole main street decorated with big pumpkin heads and everything. It's over 2 months before Halloween, Disney is really pushing it but it's always about the $$$.
The MK is always decorated for Halloween the last week of August, even when the parties don't start til a week or two into September. That's nothing new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter