Anything I'm Missing?

wejustcantwait

Earning My Ears
:tink: Am I missing anything I need to buy or have my kids do? dd 10, dd 5, ds 3 (turning 4 at the park) while we are at disney?

1- potato head box
2- 50 pressed pennies
3- Nestle kitchen
4- antanna balls
5- Libby Lu
5- Lego Store
6- Hidden Mickey Ears
7- Fairy Godmailer (Thanks Janette)

Also.... Have to hide this one. My husband is really tall 6 foot 5 and weights around 400 pounds he is a big teddy bear! What rides should he not ride? or even attempt to ride? I have been to DL about 20 years ago but it has been a while and I have no Idea about CA.

One more... What rides in CA are really jerky? I just had back surgery 5 weeks ago and I dont want to be so sore it ruins my vacation... would hate to do that! I think I am more excited than anyone! :banana:

Thanks Nichol

Here are the rides you'll need to avoid because of the jerkiness:
Matterhorn
Indy
Star Tours
Big Thunder (it's a little rough in some areas)
Space Mountain (it's really smooth, but not the best idea for someone who just had back surgery--still some lateral G's in there)

In DCA:
Muholland Madness
Probably CA Screamin'
Probably Maliboomer
Probably TOT (it's fairly smooth, but I don't know how the up & down would be for you).

You husband should not even attempt to get into a rocket jet (any adult will find this one difficult to get out of). Maliboomer's restraint system might not fit him. Also--no Orange Stinger.

Story time in the store in Fantasyland. Its really fun! A princess (we had Cinderella), along with a helper, tell that princess's story. They were doing it at 11:30, 12:30 and 1: 30 when we were there.

Sword in the stone ceremony. Both of my kids have been picked on various trips. Its a really special thing, and the medal and certificate they give is neat!

If you ride on the Mark Twain, try to be in the front of the line and ask if you can go in the wheel house. They will let you "drive", blow the horn and give you a pilots certificate.

I dont recomend your husband ride the astro orbitor in tomorrowland. That is the only thing I can think of that we've had problems with. Most of the rides are pretty forgiving for the Pooh sized folks in the park.

I thought of one more thing.... you need to get your son a birthday pin while he's there. It will make his day more special with cast members ohhing and awwing over him.

When we stayed at AKL in 2004 it was my daughter's b-day. We made sure to tell them at check-in. I was asked who her favorite charater is. We went to the parks the following day and lo and behold there was a signed 5x7 photograph of Pluto (in a fancy little cardboard book type holder) and a PVC figurine of Safari Mickey on the bed when we went back to the room later on that day. Too COOL!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/birthday.htm
The following information is from the above site:
Birthday Celebrations

Inform Cast Members/Travel Agent when you book your reservation that it is a Birthday celebration and provide them with the name and age of the Birthday child, and the child’s favorite character(s)

Let your Resort/Hotel know when you check-in. Sometimes they will do something special for your child ranging from autographed character pictures and Birthday buttons to balloons in your room (this does not always happen but we have heard of many instances where it has).

Visit ‘City Hall’ on Main Street in the Disneyland or ‘Guest Services in California Adventure for a ‘"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" sticker. This always generates special attention from the Cast Members in the Parks. Be sure to ask if there’s a special phone call waiting for the Birthday child.

Make sure your child has an ‘Autograph Book’ when they wear the button. They will receive special Birthday greetings from the Characters.

Tell the server about the Birthday at all meals in the parks and Disneyland Resort Hotels on this day.

Let the band at New Orleans Square know about the birthday for a special birthday serenade

"Happiest Birthdays on Earth"
At 2:00 and 3:00pm daily, (times subject to change) you can enjoy a 40 minute birthday party at the Plaza Inn, which is located at the end of Main Street U.S.A. Priority seating can be made at the Plaza Inn, City Hall, and any Guest Relations Information Kiosk. Or, simply call (714) 781-DINE up to 30 days in advance. Prices are $10.00 per guest. Children under the age of 2 are free (prices are subject to change). Price includes cake, punch, party hat, a special Happy Birthday cup and Mickey Mouse Plate. Park admission is required. Premium Annual Passholders get 10% discount
During the party, there will be a cake-decorating contest and each participant will receive a special sticker. Your party host will be Mr. Patrick Edward Cake (AKA Pat E Cake). Joining the party will be two Disney characters. While Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse usually attend, other characters may appear in their place.

Book a dining reservation at either Goofy’s Kitchen or Minnie and Friends at the PCH Grill and for an additional $5.00 per person, each person will receive a birthday hat, plate, cup and goodie bag. Please inform the Cast Member that you wish to add this when you make your dining reservations. Cake may also be ordered at an additional cost.

Birthday Buckets may be purchased at most Resort restaurants (also Ariel’s Grotto, Plaza Inn, Blue Bayou and Vineyard) for $20.00. There are many character buckets to chose from ranging from Princesses to Pooh and Friends. Each bucket contains a small cake, stickers, Birthday Pin and a toy. These may also be purchased through room service at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

Fantasy Celebrations Events
If you want a celebration customized to commemorate a special occasion, Disney's Fantasy Celebration Event staff can roll out the red carpet for you and help make dreams come true -- complete with entertainment, characters, special prizes, food, beverages and more, in a variety of magical locations and themes. Just let them know your plans at least 30 days in advance. (Restrictions and fee minimums apply; call (714) 781-DINE for details).

Redd Rocket's Pizza Port Birthday Party
Blast off for a birthday party that includes an entrée meal, a reserved table, party hats, balloons, party favors, individual cupcakes topped with a Character toy, and a button for the birthday boy or girl. Redd Rocket's parties can be booked for groups of 6 to 20 people. Price is $20, plus tax for children age 1 to 9; and $29, plus tax, for guests age 10 and older.
Birthday Cakes

Celebrating a birthday at a Disneyland Resort restaurant? Then don't forget to preorder a cake for the occasion. Available through (714) 781-DINE, your cake can be specially created by the Disney baking staff. An assortment of cake sizes and designs are available to suit your needs. Just give them 48-hours advance notice. (Participating restaurants vary; ask for details.)

Birthday sticker can be obtained from City Hall; if you're staying onsite, request a birthday pin/button (which serves the same purpose as the birthday sticker, lets everyone know you're having a birthday) upon check-in at your hotel.

Your DH probably isn't planning to do kiddie rides, but there was a kiddie roller coaster I read about that has small seats and a quick, jerky ride that is hard on an adult back. (Is it Gadget's Go Coaster? I haven't been to DL yet, so I can't remember...) Might be something for both of you to avoid.

wejustcantwait said:
:tink: Am I missing anything I need to buy or have my kids do? dd 10, dd 5, ds 3 (turning 4 at the park) while we are at disney?

1- potato head box
2- 50 pressed pennies
3- Nestle kitchen
4- antanna balls
5- Libby Lu
5- Lego Store
6- Hidden Mickey Ears
7- Fairy Godmailer (Thanks Janette)

Hi, I am new here and came across the above thread. Just curious of anyone can explain what the above things are? We are taking our 2 kids to DL in a few months and I don't want to miss out on ANYTHING!!

Thanks!!

bring ear plugs for Libby Lu... it found it scarily loud in there - we ere just shopping, but ended up there when they were doing an end of makeover show thing and they CRANK up the music so loud (I sent my mom and dd5 out of the store)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter