April 2022 Anyone?

We’re about 40 days away, also at the Poly, first time for us! I am also very nervous about Genie+, crowds, etc, but just trying to be realistic, and know that we’ll enjoy at least a few great rides every day, fun restaurants, and certainly a great resort. And it’s so true, we have been through so much in the last two years, and deserve some fun!

Hi Jill! Sorry I ducked out of this thread for a while again. I ran the April 2021 thread and I just didn't have the patience to log on every day and post like I did last time, so I'm mostly lurking currently!

I am indeed in NY. We're getting into the "officially excited" phase around our house now.

Happy to hear you grabbed a Space 220 reservation - it's still eluding me, but I've kind of come to terms with it.

I don't know if I mentioned in this thread, but we're staying DVC at the Grand Floridian, our first time there. We stayed at the Poly last time and LOVED it. My DS12 still talks about it glowingly, and is convinced he'll never stay at a better hotel. We will be visiting the Poly for an 'Ohana reservation (and probably a Dole Whip)

Please tell us all about GF DVC! It really sounds amazing. 😀

We are set to go and I am sooooo excited! I haven't told the kids yet. Trying to keep it a secret, but honestly it is hard for me not to say anything. I'm more of a kid than them!

I'm crossing fingers and toes nothing crazy happens in the next month. Almost at the 30-day mark.
Oh that's tough! We had to keep it a secret until Christmas and I almost let it slip several times!

Going 04/04-04/11 for our Honeymoon, staying at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. Nervous about using Genie+ the first time but hoping for the best. Touring Plans has our week averaging around the 4-6 mark for crowds with it jumping to 10 the last day we are there (not a park day for us, whew).

We managed to snag these reservations the morning of our 60-day mark:

04/04 Trail's End
04/05 Sci-Fine Dine-In
04/07 Steakhouse 71 Lunch
04/08 Prime Time Cafe & Oga's Cantina
04/10 Ohana Dinner
04/11 Whispering Canyon

Please tell us all about GF DVC! It really sounds amazing. 😀

I'll do my best!

It's funny, because I never really considered the GF as a place to stay. Last time at the Poly, when we passed GF on the monorail, my kids were like, "Wow, that place looks nice." And when I showed my wife some pictures after that trip to see where we wanted to stay this time, she pointed at the GF and was like, "Which one is that? I want that one." And that's how we ended up there this time around.

Magic Kingdom is now sold out for Monday, April 4 and Hollywood Studios is sold out for Wednesday, April 6. We are traveling the week of April 4-11th. I have a feeling these will be the WORST crowds we have ever seen.

WDWOswald, now you are freaking me out. Now I'm happier than ever we are doing a short, only 2 parks visit. More resort time may be good.

Magic Kingdom is now sold out for Monday, April 4 and Hollywood Studios is sold out for Wednesday, April 6. We are traveling the week of April 4-11th. I have a feeling these will be the WORST crowds we have ever seen.

April 6th Hollywood Studios is only open from 9a-5p, this has been known for about 2 months so no one should have expected it to have open availability this close.

The week before, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are unavailable on March 28th and Magic Kingdom is unavailable on March 29th.

I'm not sure what information you have to say this could be the WORST crowds you have ever seen. TouringPlans indicates no days that look insanely busy, most parks are between a 5-7 rating with the exception of the weekends and only EPCOT is showing a 10 on April 10/11.

Springtime Surprise runners probably want to get those castle medal pictures on April 4–that’s why I’ve got MK on that day

April 6th Hollywood Studios is only open from 9a-5p, this has been known for about 2 months so no one should have expected it to have open availability this close.

The week before, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are unavailable on March 28th and Magic Kingdom is unavailable on March 29th.

I'm not sure what information you have to say this could be the WORST crowds you have ever seen. TouringPlans indicates no days that look insanely busy, most parks are between a 5-7 rating with the exception of the weekends and only EPCOT is showing a 10 on April 10/11.

Fair enough point about Hollywood studios I guess- but if Magic Kingdom is completely sold out three weeks ahead on April 4th, that is alarming. I know they are somewhat limiting capacity due to staffing issues (maybe?) but it used to be MK was only “sold out” like 2-3 times a year.

Our family is super excited for our trip 4/6-11. We were trying to beat the crowds by going a week earlier than our Easter break. We don’t have touring plans, so thank you for posting the park’s projected levels.

We were able to get all of the restaurant reservations we were hoping for except Garden Grill dinner 4/6 (for our daughter b-day). I’m still stalking hoping to see someone drop it. Staying at CBR, woohoo!

I know it’s still a month away but the weather for our week (April 18th) looks very hot and there are lightening signs on almost all days! 😭 Does this seem typical for April? Are they likely brief showers? I thought April was one of the least rainy months so just wondering. Hopefully it will look better as it gets closer??

I know it’s still a month away but the weather for our week (April 18th) looks very hot and there are lightening signs on almost all days! 😭 Does this seem typical for April? Are they likely brief showers? I thought April was one of the least rainy months so just wondering. Hopefully it will look better as it gets closer??

I wouldn't worry too much yet about the weather for that week. A lot can change in a month. When we went last year at this time, we had one rainy day (a downpour where we were luckily at the hotel for most of it) and almost nothing else. Typically at this time of year, you have the "Florida rain", where there's a passing shower in the area almost every day.

So pumped that Disney extended park hours for April 1 and 2…now fingers are crossed they extend those hours into the next week! Late nights at the park are my family’s favorite. 🌜 🦉

We just booked our park reservations for April 26-May 1. Unfortunately we were too slow and can’t get a Savi’s reservation for my husband, so I will have to keep looking. We got the kids in for the droid depot at least!

So pumped that Disney extended park hours for April 1 and 2…now fingers are crossed they extend those hours into the next week! Late nights at the park are my family’s favorite. 🌜 🦉
Hopefully. The only thing that stinks though is that we planned on going to the magic kingdom extended hours. 11 pm - 1 am is really late. I’ll have to try to nap my daughter that day if they do change

Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are now both completely sold out on April 4, 5, and 6. What a nightmare.

Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are now both completely sold out on April 4, 5, and 6. What a nightmare.

It definitely isn't ideal, but I've been spending time on the Here Now/Just Back thread - there has been no availability (at any park) this week and I've read several reports of people really enjoying their trips. No experience is universal, but if people are having a lovely time during this busy week, I feel good about April. We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter