April 2022 Anyone?

Kind of surprised they haven't pushed out the hours for the 1st week in April. By this time last week the hours were updated for the last week in March.

Kind of surprised they haven't pushed out the hours for the 1st week in April. By this time last week the hours were updated for the last week in March.
Maybe they’re actually taking time to double check for conflicts this time (since they forgot to account for the run at AK on the 31st in last week’s update)

Maybe they’re actually taking time to double check for conflicts this time (since they forgot to account for the run at AK on the 31st in last week’s update)
oh is that what happened? I was wondering about that but didn't put it together.

The hours for the first week of April are now updated. Although it seems like maybe AK's haven't been updated yet* (park hours say closing at 7:00 but park hopper says 8:30).

It looks like HS is opening at 8:00 am instead of 8:30 am.

*AK hours are now updated fully.

Last edited:
The hours for the first week of April are now updated. Although it seems like maybe AK's haven't been updated yet* (park hours say closing at 7:00 but park hopper says 8:30).

YES!

MK open until 11 almost all week! AK open until 8:30 so we can see Pandora glow! Exactly what I was hoping for.

Park reservations on April 19th are not available for Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

We are going to Animal Kingdom that day but have 7 pm reservations at BOG, so I guess we will have to park hop there early.

I just ended up switching some park days around since they are changing hours. We are probably going to sleep in on 4/20 because we want to take advantage of the Magic Kingdom nighttime hours and it looks like with all of the park hours changing, it'll be 11 pm - 1 am. My daughter isn't a napper. So just planning on doing a pool day. We have dinner at Storybook at 7 pm, so will head to MK after that lol. Hopefully our 5 year old can make it haha

Do you think it's better to use the park with extended hours even if you don't know you will make use of them? I'm trying to figure out Epcot and MK. Right now I have Epcot on a Saturday and MK on Monday, but thinking of switching.

Are you staying at a deluxe or swan/dolphin? That’s the the only way you can use the extended anyway.

id Probably switch though. From what I read it is a good perk

Are you staying at a deluxe or swan/dolphin? That’s the the only way you can use the extended anyway.

id Probably switch though. From what I read it is a good perk
Yes, we will be at a deluxe. Now I'm freaking out because I made some dining based on where I thought we would be but I think it might be nice to NOT be at MK on a sold out day. Although that could change at any time between now and then

Yes, we will be at a deluxe. Now I'm freaking out because I made some dining based on where I thought we would be but I think it might be nice to NOT be at MK on a sold out day. Although that could change at any time between now and then
Do you have park hoppers?

Do you have park hoppers?
Nope. Just doing a long weekend with only 2 parks, MK and Epcot. We are staying at Beach Club so we wanted to make the most of the resort and being near Epcot. Not huge HS people.

Nope. Just doing a long weekend with only 2 parks, MK and Epcot. We are staying at Beach Club so we wanted to make the most of the resort and being near Epcot. Not huge HS people.
I’d probably just switch. Since you’re at Beach Club it’s easy enough to go to Epcot that day

Just booked for Easter weekend. Yay! Me, hubby and our girls ages (3 and 10). We’ll be there 4/14-4/18. Haven’t booked hotel yet. Any recs for on-site vs. off site? It’s a Pre-bday celebration for the youngest as her bday is 4/20!

Just booked for Easter weekend. Yay! Me, hubby and our girls ages (3 and 10). We’ll be there 4/14-4/18. Haven’t booked hotel yet. Any recs for on-site vs. off site? It’s a Pre-bday celebration for the youngest as her bday is 4/20!
Wow! That's taking last minute to a whole new brave level!

Now I'm serial posting :) Sorry

We went for our first trip when my girls were almost those ages. E was 10 and Celery was 5. And Celery's Bday is 4/21! We're also calling it a pre-birthday celebration.

Do you have any preference for resorts? Do you want deluxe (extra hour access) or regular resort (transportation to the parks and such)? Where have you stayed before?

Last edited:
Now I'm serial posting :) Sorry

We went for our first trip when my girls were almost those ages. E was 10 and Celery was 5. And Celery's Bday is 4/21! We're also calling it a pre-birthday celebration.

Do you have any preference for resorts? Do you want deluxe (early access) or regular resort (transportation to the parks and such)? Where have you stayed before?
All Disney resorts get early access. Deluxe gets some evening/late night hours in Magic Kingdom and Epcot, which may or may not coincide with someone’s trip. I just don’t want anyone to get confused 😊

You prob already know this since you’re here on the Dis, but just in case…definitely make your park reservations if you haven’t already. Many weekdays have multiple parks unavailable. Your dates look pretty good! The only parks unavailable right now are MK and HS, only on the 18th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter