April People! Are you rebooking for this year?

FlagrantFleur

Earning My Ears
Hi All! We have an April vacation planned for my hubby and our 2 close friends. We are (like a lot of others) looking into other dates. We're trying to find a sweet spot where: 1) we can hopefully beat *some* of the heat, while also giving ourselves a fighting chance of re-booking our perfect (to us LOL:) ) ADRs and FPs. Any thoughts?

Well, this is all opinion but I think there's no way to beat the heat and the crowds. The Fall has become a very crowded time to go and with all the special events taking place during that time, park hours are also limited. That has a tendency to makes things feel very crowded regardless of it being a high crowd time or not. If you want to go this year, I think August or September would be your best bet, but it's also going to be very, very hot then. As far as October through December goes, the weather will be nicer but the crowds will be more significant and there'll be more competition for fastpasses and ADRs. So, in my mind, you have to pick either good weather or a better chance of lower crowds -- I don't think you'll have both.

Well, this is all opinion but I think there's no way to beat the heat and the crowds. The Fall has become a very crowded time to go and with all the special events taking place during that time, park hours are also limited. That has a tendency to makes things feel very crowded regardless of it being a high crowd time or not. If you want to go this year, I think August or September would be your best bet, but it's also going to be very, very hot then. As far as October through December goes, the weather will be nicer but the crowds will be more significant and there'll be more competition for fastpasses and ADRs. So, in my mind, you have to pick either good weather or a better chance of lower crowds -- I don't think you'll have both.
These are all good points. August-October are HOT plus reduced hours at MK due to Halloween Parties plus reduced hours to low crowds.
Food and Wine Festival Is Oct-November and crazy busy at EPCOT
November and December have lots of holidays and time off so lots of crowds plus unpredictable weather (can be 95 or 55) plus evening Christmas Parties close MK early.

We are doing Thanksgiving week. We dont do heat, tickets that they are extending are expiring Dec 15th, I am a teacher and DD16 will be a junior in and advanced academic program so skipping school for a week is not an option so this is our only option.

Excuse me for my ignorance😙
However, has it been officially announced Disney is closed all through April?

We are in the U.K..
Had emails regarding our car hire, airport hotel & parking
But nothing from virgin atlantic regarding flights or Disney re our booking🙃

Excuse me for my ignorance😙
However, has it been officially announced Disney is closed all through April?

We are in the U.K..
Had emails regarding our car hire, airport hotel & parking
But nothing from virgin atlantic regarding flights or Disney re our booking🙃
Nothing official. The area is on shelter in place until 4/9...Universal has announced closed through 4/19...nothing past that or official from Disney. We have a trip planned the very end of April and kinda still holding out a sliver of hope lol.

Any chance you think they open up 2021 packages when they announce extended closure? I wish I could just move to April 2021 instead of cancelling, getting refunded, and booking again :(

We already had a trip planned in October, so this trip will just be dropped rather than rescheduled.
My wife is not a fan of Florida in the summer, so thats not an option.

We had trips for April & September already. Obviously April is not happening. We have APs & would like to use them a few more times. We are considering mid July but I am not certain we’ll really go then or in September. We are mid 60s. If we haven’t gotten it by then, I don’t know if I’ll want to fly. And since there may be a second wave in the fall or winter, I don’t know that I want to plan a winter trip either. So I guess we’re tentatively planning July & September. But might cancel depending on the situation.

We had a trip planned for 4/21-4/29 and pushed it back to 5/12-5/20. I realize May is not guaranteed and may not work out, but we're taking our chances since we were able to make the changes at no additional cost. If May ends up being a no go, we will re-schedule again for late September. We figure May could have some low crowds with people re-scheduling since its still a question mark, and it won't be *quite* as hot as the summer. I did all of our ADRs and FPs this morning and got everything I wanted, including FOP and Runaway Railway.

We had a trip planned April 10-19. Just changed it yesterday to Thanksgiving week. Not thrilled. I really prefer the spring break weather, but our APs will expire before next spring break. We went Christmas week, offsite spur of the moment trip. Unless Disney is shut down for four months, we have to go again this year to make the APs worth it. We’re (Hopefully) going in July for dance competition, but will have limited park time, and I medically can’t do heat. I’m feeling more sad than I should be. Maybe since we have planned so long, got every fast pass we wanted for April, for all the rides we couldn’t get over Christmas. Is Thanksgiving week as busy as Christmas week?

We have a trip booked for April and August. We are going to have a big credit with Southwest from cancelling the April school vacation trip. We will probably try to squeeze in a trip in June if the parks are reopened by then. If not, then maybe Christmas. Gotta get the value out of those AP’s.

I had booked April 19-25 at Pop. Did it early last year thinking Galaxy Edge opening craziness would die down a bit. Cancelled that reservation. Booked May 21-26 at Pop as a replacement. Also had a AP discount room at the Tower at Coronado Spring already booked- June 21-27. Normally I go at end of September for F&W and HHN.

Hi All! We have an April vacation planned for my hubby and our 2 close friends. We are (like a lot of others) looking into other dates. We're trying to find a sweet spot where: 1) we can hopefully beat *some* of the heat, while also giving ourselves a fighting chance of re-booking our perfect (to us LOL:) ) ADRs and FPs. Any thoughts?

The week of December 6th might be what you're looking for.

We also had April and September trips booked. Just today I cancelled the April trip. Once things (including the border lol) open back up then we may make a quick trip down to get in our Disney fix.

This Sunday would have been our check in day. I moved it back to the last week of April but I realize that's probably not realistic. Summer would be our next only option. Or Thanksgiving but I'm scared about what the crowds would be like. If April doesn't happen, then it will probably be summer. We did the 4th of July week about ten years ago...I just remember feeling like we were melting!

We have a long weekend booked, checking in Wednesday, 4/29, checking out Sunday, 5/3. Had absolutely perfect FPs for what we wanted to do. While I haven't cancelled the room reservation, I'm banking on that trip not happening now. As a backup plan, I booked I think 2 weeks later, in mid May. Booked at 58 days prior to check-in, didn't get perfect FPs, but still pretty decent ones. I'm also thinking that one's not going to happen. So about to book a backup to the backup, for mid June. We buy Disney gift cards at a small discount at Sams/BJs, so have been using those to pay for the deposits, so the only money tied up in reservations is the already spent gift card money. And we have APs and don't do dining plans, so just just a one-night deposit is needed for each reservation. I'm not sure what I think about June yet, as far as whether I think it'll happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter