April People! Are you rebooking for this year?

Disney confirmed a few days ago they will be closed "until further notice", but at least until April 30th. We re-scheduled our late April trip for mid-May, and have now re-scheduled our mid-May trip for late October.
Do you say until at least 4/30 due to the CDC recommendation or did Disney actually release a statement somewhere??

Not sure yet. I was booked for Star Wars weekend (16th-21st) and am contemplating if I want to replace it with a late summer non-running vacation. The free dining offer, if I can get it, is super tempting! I may have my TA take a look at availability in August and go at that time. I do already have a short trip in November for W&D Half Marathon on the books, so if the stars align, I'll at least be in WDW late this year. I may just skip spring/summer this year and save the $$$ to do Star Wars/Flower & Garden next year.

Do you say until at least 4/30 due to the CDC recommendation or did Disney actually release a statement somewhere??
From what I have read, Disney has announced they are paying their employees through 4/30, so the presumption is they will be closed *at least* until 4/30. They could be closed for longer than that, but would not pay their employees beyond that.

April here. Rebooked to late June. Side note. I did the free dining offer and was very disappointed. We're staying at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins for 10 nights. Original price was $3600, free dining price was $5800! With 4 people it would be cheaper to keep the original deal and buy our own dining plan. I've never experienced free dining before so I was really disappointed that the concession for my trouble was for me to pay more money for something "free".

April here. Rebooked to late June. Side note. I did the free dining offer and was very disappointed. We're staying at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins for 10 nights. Original price was $3600, free dining price was $5800! With 4 people it would be cheaper to keep the original deal and buy our own dining plan. I've never experienced free dining before so I was really disappointed that the concession for my trouble was for me to pay more money for something "free".
Yes, not to get too far off topic, but free dining is not truly free. You are paying rack rate for the room and are not eligible for any discounts because you're getting the dining plan "at no additional cost". I would implore anyone who is re-booking to run the numbers before jumping on the offer. We are booked with a bounceback room only offer and when considering when we should re-schedule for, I ran the numbers of our current offer paying OOP for food versus the free dining offer, and our current offer was better. Because of this, I had to re-schedule our trip for later than I'd like just to retain the same discount.

Sadly many times free dining costs more with a rack rate room, than it does with a discounted room and just paying for the plan outright. And there were really big discounts in place for April previously.

Sadly many times free dining costs more with a rack rate room, than it does with a discounted room and just paying for the plan outright. And there were really big discounts in place for April previously.
I get that they had no control over this, but it's just annoying that I was on hold for 3 hours to get this deal, just to discover that it's not a deal at all. Anyway, here's to being open by June 27th, because hoop de Doo and campfire are happening.

Hoping for the best! I’m booked for August and am incredibly doubtful when looking at the timeframe for other countries. I couldn’t imagine large gatherings being allowed just a few months from now... hopefully I’m wrong! Maybe the resorts will be open and we can all still enjoy some nice dinner.

Hoping for the best! I’m booked for August and am incredibly doubtful when looking at the timeframe for other countries. I couldn’t imagine large gatherings being allowed just a few months from now... hopefully I’m wrong! Maybe the resorts will be open and we can all still enjoy some nice dinner.
The hope is that we're a few weeks or more behind them so we've seen what works. It really looks like this Hydroxychloriquine with a Zpak is working. IIRC South Korea has used this from the get go, anyway, I think being slower than Europe or Asia to hit the peak will make it faster for us. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Just cancelled my last week in April and moved our trip to Sept11-17th. Took advantage of the free dining which will actually save us in the long run on our Disney Budget.....So I'm happy about that at least

On the MDE app it shows closed on the calendar for all dates through April 30th, then starts back with hours on May 1st. So, May 1st at the earliest, but I’m thinking later (and so far haven’t rebooked the trip I should be on right now)

we are booked for April 27 to May 8. all my fastpasses have disappeared for the April dates but my May stuff is still there. even if they open May 1, i'm sure my reservation at the Fort will be canceled April 27. we are local (2 hours away) so am just watching and waiting. Oops sorry for the double post.

we are booked for April 27 to May 8. all my fastpasses have disappeared for the April dates but my May stuff is still there. even if they open May 1, i'm sure my reservation at the Fort will be canceled April 27. we are local (2 hours away) so am just watching and waiting. I already have other trips booked this year so i'm just waiting until the last minute.

Originally booked for April 29 - May 3, and have rebooked for late June. I honestly don't expect things to be open safely by late June, but I'm staying guardedly optimistic. If June is a no-go, I'm eyeballing early October. I'm sorta playing kick the can until it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter