Arabian Nights..........info please

Mickey's sunshine

<font color=darkgreen>Had a blast at MGM's Super S
I willing be going to Orlando at the end of the month and am debating on going to Arabian Nights. I have heard of some negative things about the place and some nice things.

What are your experiences. Is it worth the time? How is the food, entertainment???

Thank you for all info.

We had a bad experience there about 5 years ago. We decided to go there because in their advertisement it was stated that they had a vegetarian entree if you required one. DS is a vegetarian so we thought this would be great. Well the waiter was rude to us, kept calling DS a rabbit. When asked if the soup had any meat in it he replied "just a little, not enought to matter", in other words trying to get DS to eat it. The vegetarian entree was Stouffers lasagna- heated right from the box. We had ordered ahead of time, I guess we expected a little better than that. I wrote a letter to Arabian Nights after I returned home complaining about the service. Well I guess their customer relations department is no better than their waiters cause I never received a reply, nor will they ever get my business again.

Well, if it's any consolation, the food for non-vegetarians is nothing to write home about.

The show, OTOH, is spectacular, especially if you're a horse lover. Arabian Nights is regularly voted best dinner attraction in a readers' poll by a local Orlando paper (and it's in competition against the Disney shows).

We also went to Arabian Nights. I did not like the stadium Bench seating. I also did not like the food at all, and I'm really not that picky. In fact, they turned on the lights at one point and I found myself wishing that they would turn them back off cause I looked at my food and wished I hadn't.

The show was good. if you have children who like horses they will like it but I would never go back.

I have eaten there several times and not been worried by the food. The prime rib entree is usually pretty decent and the potatoes and veg reasonable. The salad appetiser and dessert (some kind of gateau, I think; hard to be sure, even with the lights on!) are pretty nondescript, to be honest, but there are always plenty of drinks and the show usually makes up for the meal, as Kelly says. The main problem for the food is serving 1600 people all at once. You are never going to get great quality given that quantity. For decent food, you are better off at Sleuths or the Mark II Dinner Theater. And, if you think the food is bad at Arabian Nights, you should try Capone's - truly abysmal!

Here's how they bill the fare, BTW:

succulent slow roasted prime rib of beef (vegetarian and children meals available)
seasoned baby red potatoes
fresh seasonal vegetables
delightful desert (sic)

Shame about their spelling (Or could it just be that it's all so dry.....!)

Thank you everyone.......one more question......would it be worth it if I was able to get 2 free tickets and 4 others in @ 50% off?

Hey, it tastes better if it is free! :)

No really, if you are an Orlando Science Center member, you get into Arabian Nights for free and 5 others get in for 50% off.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter