Are Saratoga Springs refurbishments complete now?

Thanks for the info - just requested Congress Park preferred studio for Dec trip. I didn't know that Springs was done also, but will be happy with Congress Park as we plan to eat most dinners at DS.
DH is looking to book either 2 studios or a 2 BR for a Feb golf trip with 1DS and another dad/son and was hoping to get refurbed rooms so this info is helpful for that as well!
We are there for Christmas week - hoping to get an newly upgraded Studio for our trip - requesting Congress Park, due to the proximity to DS, but will take The Springs in a heartbeat. Heck I'll be happy with the reno-ed Paddock ones. We are also eating mostly at DS and are looking forward to walking across without the hassle of waiting on buses. Hoping that they extend DS hours for the Holidays - right now DS is still 10am to 10pm. We are doing Epcot for Christmas day and they extended those hours from 10am to 9pm, so that is great!

Just booked a last minute trip for my mother and me. I need to use up vacation time at work by end of 2020 and was just kicking around the idea and found $40 round trip flights! Was about to book SSR standard studio last night (all that was available) when I booked the flight, but glad I waited until this morning because there was a preferred studio available that wasn't there last night! Really wanted a refurbished room for this time too- so excited when I went on today!

"Congress Park section of the resort had completed and that construction had moved to The Springs. We are happy to report that The Springs has also completed its refurbishment, making booking a room in the “preferred” category an easy guarantee that you will snag a sparkling new villa!

Construction at Saratoga Springs has now moved onto the standard rooms throughout the resort, beginning with The Paddock. Teams appear to be working left to right throughout this area, with buildings in various stages of their refurbishment:

• 4501-4836: Refurbishment Completed.
  • 5101-5436: Exterior Complete. Interior rooms still being renovated.
  • 5501-5836: Exterior painting underway.
  • 6101-6436: Not started.
  • 6501-6936: Not started.
After completing work on The Paddock, construction will move to the remaining two sections of the resort – The Grandstand and The Carousel. It is not clear whether the Treehouse Villas will undergo a refurbishment as well as part of this project. In total, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort has over 800 villas and is the largest Disney Vacation Club property at Walt Disney World.

With the refurbishment scheduled to take two years, it appears they are still on track to complete work on the resort by June 2021"

https://dvcfan.com/2020/10/27/const...ms-have-been-refurbished-at-saratoga-springs/
Thanks for the update, good to know for 2021

The Friendship boats are now running. Does anyone know if the River Boats to Disney Springs are back in operation?
  • Operating times vary – Check daily schedules
  • 20-minute boat ride
  • Boats operate between select Disney Resorts and Downtown Disney
  • One boat begins operation at 11:00 a.m. and service runs hourly. At 4:00 p.m., a second boat is added and service runs every half an hour.

I just wish adding a single drop down bed was part of the refurbishments. We like SSR, but our girls are getting older and each want to have their own bed. Last time we went, the younger one slept on a make shift bed on the floor that we made from the couch cushions lol. We're shooting for BWV on our next visit.

Every time they have added a 5th to a studio after inception it's been ugly.

I like that the 1BR now natively sleeps 5. Also gives the 1BR a value upgrade.

They’ve been filing more permits over the last couple weeks for the buildings they haven’t done yet which is a good sign that they’re about to move on.

I just wish adding a single drop down bed was part of the refurbishments. We like SSR, but our girls are getting older and each want to have their own bed. Last time we went, the younger one slept on a make shift bed on the floor that we made from the couch cushions lol. We're shooting for BWV on our next visit.
This fascinates me. When I was a kid (4 of us total), I never would have dreamed to ask for/desire my own bed on vacation. Plus, it was my sister! Sleeping together is fun! I'm 43 and she is 47 now and we would still share a bed no problem!

This fascinates me. When I was a kid (4 of us total), I never would have dreamed to ask for/desire my own bed on vacation. Plus, it was my sister! Sleeping together is fun! I'm 43 and she is 47 now and we would still share a bed no problem!
:rotfl2:My older daughter tosses and turns all night and gets up like 150 times for the bathroom, and it drives the younger one insane!

Every time they have added a 5th to a studio after inception it's been ugly.

I like that the 1BR now natively sleeps 5. Also gives the 1BR a value upgrade.

I was glad to see the studios stay at 4. It will be interesting when they refurb BRV is they will backtrack there and change studio back to 4.

I think once a unit sleeps X, they will never take it to X-1 unless there is a regulatory reason. While I don't think any of the contracts says "we can change unit capacity at any time," they also don't say that they can. Which would give people a for-real case.

My brother and I shared a bedroom the entire time we were growing up in my parents house. I remember telling my brother's wife on their 20th anniversery that she finally had slept with him longer than I had. I thought she was going to die laughing!

I think once a unit sleeps X, they will never take it to X-1 unless there is a regulatory reason. While I don't think any of the contracts says "we can change unit capacity at any time," they also don't say that they can. Which would give people a for-real case.
I believe they added the the extra bed at BRV, BWV and BCV during a refurbishment. VGF, PVB and RIV were built with them. I’m sure it all has to do with maximum people allowed in the buildings. SSR studios are 1 square foot smaller than BRV and BCV and 4 square feet smaller than BWV. No one will ever know why DVD does things.

Different times. I remember 3 of us on a sleeper sofa as kids. But times have changed..or maybe just the expectations of kids. Heck as a grown college kid we would squeeze 6-7 college age people in a studio room. It's amazing what's ok and what's not when the "kid" has to pay the bill.

I had to share with my brother quite a bit, and have great sympathy for my son not wanting to share with his sister. She sleeps... Oddly. Last time I shared with her I woke up at 3am to find her head in my stomach and her feet up near my head. So I don't wanna share with her either.

So we are a three bed family whenever feasible.

Funny, this past January we stayed at BW in a 2 bedroom with DD and family. She has a son and daughter who both slept on the sofa bed. They left the sofa out the whole time they were there using the living area in the main part of the room as the common area for all to share. If they were using the murphy bed it would have made their portion of room very hard to navigate. The DGC are young enough that it’s fun to share the same sleeping space with each other and this arraignment worked very well for them.

I had to share with my brother quite a bit, and have great sympathy for my son not wanting to share with his sister. She sleeps... Oddly. Last time I shared with her I woke up at 3am to find her head in my stomach and her feet up near my head. So I don't wanna share with her either.

So we are a three bed family whenever feasible.
My kids are sharing a bed in a hotel now as we move between houses and this is the struggle - they’re young enough where they don’t care about privacy or personal space but my 4 year old has no sleeping politeness. He sleepkicks and sprawls and sleepkicks and cuddles whatever is near him and sleepkicks. Not a great nights sleep for my 3 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter