Are you from Massachusetts?

I live in ct now. but I grew up in Westport...I still drive up there 1x a month to visit family
Any of you New Englanders dare to drive to WDW? DH and I are thinking about it for our Dec 08 trip. We were going to rent a car anyways for the week. Adding on those few extra driving days would be cheaper than plane tickets.

My sister just drove up to MA. from florida. I can't recall if she stopped in Virginia or NC. She said it wasn't too bad. Her advice was to take plenty of potty stops and bring plenty of snacks & water!
She drove with her DH,DD5 & DS15

Any of you New Englanders dare to drive to WDW? DH and I are thinking about it for our Dec 08 trip. We were going to rent a car anyways for the week. Adding on those few extra driving days would be cheaper than plane tickets.

I have driven down a couple times in a camper and stayed at Fort Wilderness. It was almost exactly 24 hours of driving, we drove straight there, no stopping. You could make much better time in a car.

Cape Cod Native here! :thumbsup2 Pirates4me, I'm your neighbor in Brewster (or as we New Englanders would pronouce it "Brewsta").

We just went to WDW in November, and are going back again this November after receiving a 40% discount code in the mail. We would have waited until next year if we hadn't gotten the discount. I'm psyched..... :banana:

I'm from MA also!! Born in Melrose, dont' live far from there still!

BTW~ we drove down 2 years in a row, last year we flew and this year dh wants to drive, I want to fly so we may fly down, rent a car and drive back!
Driving with 5 kids isn't my idea of FUN! he however, can tune it out while driving:scared1:

pat fan

Yep, I went to MCLA.

It is definitely a small world.

And I have less than a week til my WDW trip and I'm freaking out!!

pat fan
Yep, I went to MCLA.It is definitely a small world.And I have less than a week til my WDW trip and I'm freaking out!!
How cool! I am very jealous of your upcoming trip (my DS would be too!). It's so cold this am that thoughts of crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon and seeing the castle rising up is just killing me! Have fun on your trip!

Boston based DIS newcomer, but longtime WDW fan. Good to see so many Pats and Sox logos on DIS.. combines some of my favorite things - WDW and Boston sports teams.

Depends on what you mean by "by Worcester" :rotfl: Worcester is about 2 hours away. See....I told you you wouldn't know it! Really, it's itty-bitty. Pretty, but pretty small, also.

charlton is out by worcester, maybe thats what you're thinking.

i'm from baldwinville...which is also itty bitty and along route 2

Just noticed this thread.....I've lived in Medford since I was little....I was born in Cambridge, lived in Somerville until I was 3, been in Medford ever since.

Wow, that's quite a move!
Next time we get a snow storm, I'll send you some:laughing: I hate the snow!

I was born and raised in Hyannis, went to UMASS Amherst, lived in Boston/Brookline for many years, and now live in Littleton, which I love. DH is trying to buy Redsox tickets as we speak!

Brand new to the boards. Grew up in Groveland and now live in Andover. Glad to see so many Red Sox and Patriots fans here! We're leaving in about a month for 3 nights in Ft. Myers for spring training!

.....from Peabody!!! Grew up in Taunton:wave2:

Born and rasied in Taunton AND still here! 28 years and don't know if it'll change anytime soon.

I used to drive to WDW as a kid with my parents and 3 siblings---WOW, I don't miss that!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter