• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug/Sept HHI -- ALMOST THERE! :)

WolfpackFan said:
I called and made ressies for the shrimp boil this morning for Thursday, August 4. I asked if we needed to make ressies for the dolphin cruise ahead of time and the CM said no. BTW - this was about the nicest, most polite CM I've ever run across.

BTW -- can anyone help me out, what do they serve at the shrimp boil (besides the obvious, that being shrimp!) Namely, what's on hands for culinarily-challenged seafood loathing kids...

klh said:
I will be at hh august 28 - sept - 3rd. I have three kids, 7(G),3(G) and 8(B) months.

I'll edit the original post to reflect your party size... but as for the other question (re: last week of Aug events), I'll need some help from more seasoned HHI vets! My understanding, however, is that the fireworks cease right around then -- perhaps the barbeque disappears with that? You can always call the resort and ask, if push came to pull, though I'm willing to bet SOMEONE here could help you out!

Bumpin for folks whose waitlist dreams came true -- anyone? :listen:

Less than 2 months to go for us -- getting excited! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

gopherit said:
re: last week of Aug events
We do this week every now and then. My recollection is that there are no fireworks last week of August (this year the week of Aug. 25). At the resort, some things are scaled back as well, due to CM's going back to college. I believe the pool games at the beach house were cancelled one year. Pool games require many CMs to run smoothly.

Events run by "permanent" staff, like B'Lou Crabbe's and the Naturalist's events, or events with outisde vendors, like dolphins cruises, do in deed continue.

Still a great week to go. We'll be there this time again this year and can't wait.

My wife (RealMickey'sGirl) and I (RealMickey) will be at HHI from Aug. 29 till Sept. 2. :teeth: Just a short trip for our 20th anniversary. :love: We did the DCL Eastern in April to celebrate the anniversary, but will go to HHI on the actual date. We are really looking forward to the trip, it will be our second to HHI.

Our HH waitlist dream came true, while we were at WDW! Thank goodness they tracked us down.
So we will be there Aug 7-11 = Me, DH, DD10. This will be our third trip there, and we want to go back in late sept. Hopefully when all the good off-season rates come out!
As for the shrimp boil, they also have smoked sausage, pork tenderloin(YUM), potatoes, corn-on-the-cob & hushpuppies. They also have chicken fingers and mac & cheese for the kids. Cant wait to see you all there!!!!! :flower:

We will be at HH 8/15 - 8/19

2BR - me, DH, DD12, DS7, DS7
1BR - Mom, Dad, sis, brother-in-law

Can't wait

WOO HOO -- Under a month for most of us, and not too long for the rest!

:cool1: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :banana: :banana: :banana: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :cool1:

I made my ressies for the BBQ and Shrimp boil. FYI -- they don't take bike ressies or Kid's Night out ressies this far in advance (I'm just over 3 weeks out). I may try again about 1 week before our trip... I just prefer to have things like that already set up, in case we arrive late or some such thing.

Looking forward to spending some quality time with my crew, celebrating our 15th anniversary, enjoying HHI, and if I'm lucky, perhaps meeting a few DISers as well!

:wave: :earboy2: :banana: :earsgirl: :wave: :earboy2: :banana: :earsgirl:

Gopherit, I have a question...who do I call to make ressie's for the shrip boil and where can I get info on this? This will be our first visit to HH and I don't know the ropes yet. I am, however, eager to learn! :teacher: :goodvibes Thanks for the help.

I'll be looking for you!!! I'll be the one calling "gopherit, gopherit!" all over the place! :teeth: ;)

BWVDenise....I'm looking forward to meeting you :wave2: as well! If I yell Gopherit! Gopherit! too, will you know it's me??? :rotfl:

We also made our ressies for the shrimp boil and bar b que for the week of August 1. We'll be there the same time as you, Wolfpack. We'll probably see you at the shrimp boil. I'm afraid we'll be the family with 3 guys pigging out on the shrimp!

JerJan, I got the phone number for ressies from the DVC magazine (not the most recent one), but I think it's just the number for the resort. Maybe one of our more seasoned veterans will know for sure.

We're praying for good weather and getting excited about our first visit to HH! We'll take any suggestions for a good, not outrageously priced, kid-friendly seafood place. Maybe that's asking too much! :rotfl2:

JerJan said:
Gopherit, I have a question...who do I call to make ressie's for the shrip boil and where can I get info on this? This will be our first visit to HH and I don't know the ropes yet. I am, however, eager to learn! :teacher: :goodvibes Thanks for the help.

It's our first trip there, too -- so I'm probably not as much help as a seasoned vet like BWVDenise, but the phone # I called to make the ressie was 843-341-4150, which I found in the latest issue of Vacation Magic. THis "reserve ahead" thing for the BBQ and shrimp feast are relatively new things -- most folks just sign up when they show up. But if Disney wants to offer advanced planning, hey, I'm on it! I have to fight this edgy feeling with this vacation -- normally, with a DVC vacation to WDW, I've got all sorts of PS to make, mapping out what we will do when... this trip seems to tame in comparison, it makes me think I'm overlooking something!

As for that phone # for the ressies at HHI for the BBQ-Boil -- I think the front desk # is slightly different (4100?) but the person answering the 4150 extension said "Front Desk" so I'll assume they just have more than one line and it's the same place, LOL! You just have to give your last name, arrival date, and # of adults / kids in your party. The timing hasn't changed -- still Star Spangled Tuesday for the BBQ and still Thurs for the Shrimp Boil! I really really hope the weather cooperates... my son is having his 9th bday party today (a pool party, no less, in the evening), and looks like the uninvited guest "Dennis" may crash it... keeping my fingers crossed! Just remember folks -- on our last DVC vacation, my crew went through Charley... It was no small task convincing DH to try a coastal location in August this year! (Need I remind you of the Chicken Butt thread? :rolleyes: ) CLICK HERE FOR CHICKEN BUTT THREAD

BWVDenise -- I'll keep my ears open (or at least as open as any mom of three can!) :listen: But you and Jerjan better not be yellin' my name out when Shadow's around... poor dog might think you want him to fetch something and get terminally confused!

Just weeks away -- I am getting so excited! :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Thanks so much for the info, I too can relate about all of the planning....I keep thinking "I KNOW THAT I'M FORGETTING SOMETHING....BUT WHAT IS IT!!!???" :crazy: It just seems too easy this time...LOL!!! :rotfl2: Looking forward to meeting you and praying for some "MAGICAL WEATHER!" :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter