August advice

TheWanderingBrit

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Our family are taking and extended trip around California this coming August. We thought we would do a single day at Disneyland for the kids.

He days we could go are Sun 18th or Tues 20th August. Are either of these dates likely to be preferable in terms of crowds? Also, notice that the park open times only seem to be published 2 months in advance. We really want to choose a day with maximum opening hours and including a firework show. Anyone know if park hours and fireworks will vary through this week?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Our family are taking and extended trip around California this coming August. We thought we would do a single day at Disneyland for the kids.

He days we could go are Sun 18th or Tues 20th August. Are either of these dates likely to be preferable in terms of crowds? Also, notice that the park open times only seem to be published 2 months in advance. We really want to choose a day with maximum opening hours and including a firework show. Anyone know if park hours and fireworks will vary through this week?

Thanks!!

In general Disneyland/DCA hours are pretty consistent. DL will probably be 8-midnight and DCA probably 8-10pm. You'll want to check if there are early entry hours for resort guests at the park you are going to. I can remember which park has early entry on which day. Since it is summer you can count on there being fireworks every day, unless there is poor weather or windy.

The Imagine Keys being blocked out the 18th may give Sunday the slight edge on crowds, but not sure by how much since the other 3 Keys are not.

We were these last August and found that the weekend dates where Magic Keys were blocked out (and day tickets a bit more expensive!) we’re noticeably quieter than week days where Magic Keys were unblocked.

We were these last August and found that the weekend dates where Magic Keys were blocked out (and day tickets a bit more expensive!) we’re noticeably quieter than week days where Magic Keys were unblocked.
I agree. Sunday 8/18 will be less crowded than Tuesday 8/20.

Per the DLR website, single day one-park tickets are $169 per person on the 18th and $104 on the 20th. The 104 is the lowest available price during the year, and the weekdays with that price are now consistently very crowded. The lowest level of MK is also blocked on the 18th.

Some of this may be tempered because of the 3-day discounted summer promotion, but weekends are still considerably more expensive than weekdays for promotion tickets.

I would pick Sunday the 18th - based on the past two years it will likely be less crowded than the weekday. Also, it is possible fireworks are not showing on the 20th during that part of August (with Halloween starting on the 23rd). If you want a chance to see fireworks, Sunday is a day they will definitely be offering a fireworks show (unless cancelled due to wind).

I agree. Sunday 8/18 will be less crowded than Tuesday 8/20.

Per the DLR website, single day one-park tickets are $169 per person on the 18th and $104 on the 20th. The 104 is the lowest available price during the year, and the weekdays with that price are now consistently very crowded. The lowest level of MK is also blocked on the 18th.

Some of this may be tempered because of the 3-day discounted summer promotion, but weekends are still considerably more expensive than weekdays for promotion tickets.

I would pick Sunday the 18th - based on the past two years it will likely be less crowded than the weekday. Also, it is possible fireworks are not showing on the 20th during that part of August (with Halloween starting on the 23rd). If you want a chance to see fireworks, Sunday is a day they will definitely be offering a fireworks show (unless cancelled due to wind).
What is the 3-day summer promotion? Does it run all the way thru August?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter