Barbie and Ken do Disney Trip Report COMPLETED!!

Congratulations on your first trip to Disney!! I'm sure you'll have an absolutely wonderful time!!!:goodvibes You and your boyfriend look so cute together!:goodvibes

Happy to read the update this morning - I think you'll love the character meals. :thumbsup2 I've read a lot of good reviews on 1900 PF - I think that's a good choice, and being first in line for Everest is a great plan, too! :)

Thanks! Due to yours and Cinderella 16's convincing I peeked around a little. 1900 Park Fare seemed like it had AWESOME food and I've heard its one of the better ones. Also I REALLY love Alice and the Mad Hatter. Mary Poppins is pretty cool too so that should be good. --> I also cannot wait for Donald's because it will be our last day and last chance to ride Everest and we can probably get a couple rides in by the time it gets crowded! 1 days and a wake up for you! YAY! :goodvibes

Loving the report so far. DH and I are going in May so I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

Hey! Welcome! Ooh have fun on your trip in May, I hope your writing a trip report! I'll have been back for awhile and FEENING for new trip reports! :rotfl2:

You will love the character breakfasts! As I got older, I thought it might be a bit awkward with the characters, especially the Face ones.. but it really isn't! It's so much fun! It's that typical Disney feeling where you act like you're 5. You're gonna love it!

I as well feel like it may be awkward, but thats only because I have never actually met a character and Im not sure how this interaction goes about it. Basically this is me "Oh I have all these character meals scheduled, we are going to get great pictures .. what do I say to them? how do I act? .. oh no!" But thats okay. I'd do anything for a picture! :rotfl:

You guys are going to have a blast! I'm really enjoying your trip report so far! Flying is so much fun...don't listen to your BF! ;) Even now w/ all the travelling that I do for work, I still love to fly. Make sure you get the window seat on the way down. You'll love JetBlue too...you have a tv on the back of the seat in front of you. I've never flown them, but my BF raves about them and only flies JetBlue so he doesn't miss any of his football, baseball, basketball or ___ (insert any other sport imaginable.) Looking forward to reading more!

Oh-one other thing...I highly recommend a dinner at California Grill if you can fit it in. My boyfriend and I loved it! Although I love Disney (he tolerates it) it was nice to eat somewhere with a little more "adult/grown-up" atmosphere after being in the parks all day. Also, you can watch the MK fireworks from the balcony. Just be aware that it's a little $$ if you're watching the bill.

Hey! Thanks for reading! Im so excited to fly! My boyfriend thinks its so cute how excited I am, although I can tell he is excited to fly jetblue because of the tvs! Plus both our flights our smaller flights so we are in two people sections on either side - so it will be just me and him! Which is good because I dont want to disturb anyone with my UTTER EXCITEMENT! :goodvibes Oh and I would LOVE to have dinner at the California Grill. But I just dont know how to swing that on the dining plan and still get in all the restaurants I want. hmm? I think I will have to save that for the next time - but i still rEALLY want to go. There food is right up my alley and I really would love to explore the contemporary. If you could just peek at my itinerary and can see a way to make it happen .. lol Just KIDDING! ;) Thank you for reading! I'll keep you posted! :)

Oh I am so happy you are doing character meals!! They really are so much fun!! I have never done a breakfast one, but I am sure you will have a great time! :thumbsup2 Oh yeah and I love your new title, if fits you guys perfectly. :goodvibes

Haha! Do you see how indecisive I am? One second Im telling you I just CANNOT do a character meal this trip and THEN I go and book TWO of them! Not ONE, but TWO! ;) Oh silly indecisive me! I'm glad you convinced me though because now I'm even more excited -- if thats possible. I have a question for you. If I have Donald's planned for my last day at 8:10 AM and we are spending a half day at AK does that mean that I can check out early in the morning at say 7:00? You dont have to answer this, but if you could I'd appreciate it!! :goodvibes Thanks for reading!

Love the new title and can't wait for more.:thumbsup2

Thanks Pooksma! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your first trip to Disney!! I'm sure you'll have an absolutely wonderful time!!!:goodvibes You and your boyfriend look so cute together!:goodvibes

Thanks!! Im so excited to go! :cheer2: :cheer2: Thanks for reading and thanks for the compliment! :)

Haha! Do you see how indecisive I am? One second Im telling you I just CANNOT do a character meal this trip and THEN I go and book TWO of them! Not ONE, but TWO! ;) Oh silly indecisive me! I'm glad you convinced me though because now I'm even more excited -- if thats possible. I have a question for you. If I have Donald's planned for my last day at 8:10 AM and we are spending a half day at AK does that mean that I can check out early in the morning at say 7:00? You dont have to answer this, but if you could I'd appreciate it!! :goodvibes Thanks for reading!

Oo, that is a really good question. I am not really sure how that works...I have never stayed on property :sad2: I would assume so, but I am not sure what you would do with your luggage? Would you a have car to store it in? I am not sure if the resort would hold it. I think you can ask for a later checkout for a fee, but I am really not sure. I am sure someone knows much better than me. How about some help DISsers? :) Sorry I couldnt be more of a help!

Oo, that is a really good question. I am not really sure how that works...I have never stayed on property :sad2: I would assume so, but I am not sure what you would do with your luggage? Would you a have car to store it in? I am not sure if the resort would hold it. I think you can ask for a later checkout for a fee, but I am really not sure. I am sure someone knows much better than me. How about some help DISsers? :) Sorry I couldnt be more of a help!

AWW its alright! We are actually taking Magical Express so they take care of ALL the luggage for you already. We just need to bring our carry on bags. Thanks for trying though! -- ANY HELP ANYONE ELSE??? :)

You can check out early, and you have magical express so your bags should be taken care of. If you needed them to tho they would hold your bags at the front desk. You can even check out the night before and they will just slip a receipt under your door either early in the morning or late at night. :goodvibes

We check out early all the time - in fact, if you keep a charge card on the room, you don't even have to go down to the desk to check out. They'll just slip your receipt under your door. :thumbsup2 We often try to fit in an early outing on our last day to a meal or a park, so we often get everything packed up & bell services at your Resort will hold all of your luggage for you until you return. :)

I just read your report from the beginning. You two are so adorable!! I laughed when I read the part about Storyland. I'm from Maine, and that was a big deal when I was a kid (along with Santa's Village). We took our kids there often before we took them to Disney, and after Disney thought they would be spoiled and not want to go to the NH parks anymore. Nothing doing!! They still love them all.

You picked the perfect airline for your first flight. We love:love: JetBlue! We have always driven to Boston just for JetBlue, but our next trip (less than three weeks!:woohoo: ) we'll be flying out of Portland since we now have JetBlue. I will miss that direct flight, though, since now we'll be stopping in New York.

Looking forward to more!

You can check out early, and you have magical express so your bags should be taken care of. If you needed them to tho they would hold your bags at the front desk. You can even check out the night before and they will just slip a receipt under your door either early in the morning or late at night. :goodvibes

Hey! Thanks for posting since i MADE you post! ;) No wait.. I really did MAKE you post! What a VERY informative friend you are :goodvibes

We check out early all the time - in fact, if you keep a charge card on the room, you don't even have to go down to the desk to check out. They'll just slip your receipt under your door. :thumbsup2 We often try to fit in an early outing on our last day to a meal or a park, so we often get everything packed up & bell services at your Resort will hold all of your luggage for you until you return. :)

Thanks! I wasnt sure about this and Im glad I got some answers. All our luggage will already be on Magical Express, so now we will just check out early and get to spend almost the whole day at Animal Kingdom since we dont have to be back at the hotel until like 4:30 ish. YOU ARE LEAVING TOMORROW! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

I just read your report from the beginning. You two are so adorable!! I laughed when I read the part about Storyland. I'm from Maine, and that was a big deal when I was a kid (along with Santa's Village). We took our kids there often before we took them to Disney, and after Disney thought they would be spoiled and not want to go to the NH parks anymore. Nothing doing!! They still love them all.

You picked the perfect airline for your first flight. We love:love: JetBlue! We have always driven to Boston just for JetBlue, but our next trip (less than three weeks!:woohoo: ) we'll be flying out of Portland since we now have JetBlue. I will miss that direct flight, though, since now we'll be stopping in New York.

Looking forward to more!

HEY! Thanks so much! Ya, when I was little Storyland was like a big deal. Seeing as though we have never been to Disney, that was like our Disney! We probably only went like 3 times, but I always remember it being a very big deal! However, that just shows you how vacation deprived I was! :rotfl2: We also like LIVED at Canobie Lake. I've been to Canobie Lake 104697049 times. I could probably walk the place with my eyes closed AND my feet tied together! :lmao: I am so excited to fly JetBlue! I just feel like it is such a good airline from what I hear. Im glad that you get to fly out of Portland now, but that stinks that you have to stop. I have never even BEEN to an airport, so it makes it much easier for me that we are just flying direct flight! Thanks so much for reading!! Talk to you soon! :goodvibes

Aside from all the other things that people have said in response to blaynes post... (I agree with all of them by the way)....
I just want to add a great big KUDOS to your awesome parents.... What a difference they have made in the life of Todd. Yes he is with their wonderful daughter but they didnt have to be so kind and giving to someone that needed that support going through a rough childhood. Everyone that is in a bad situation prays for their fairy godmothers/godparents and not so many people are lucky to ever find them.... Hope you guys never forget how you feel today and good luck to your very bright future ahead.

Just think! In less than 4 weeks you'll be in WDW!!! :yay:

You asked about my WDW Excel spreadsheet on my TR - here it is!

Sample WDW Spreadsheet

Just add or subtract columns to reflect how many days your trip is, and then copy and paste stuff until it matches your itinerary. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

-Michelle

I'm so jealous! We aren't going back until NEXT January (I fervently hope!). I am so looking forward to hearing about your actual trip. Can't wait to hear how you liked Coral Seas, b/c my dd (aka "Bunny") is dying to eat "in that restaurant where you can see all the fish when you eat". The menu sounds awesome, doesn't it?:thumbsup2

I read your itinerary and it sounds GREAT! We've eaten at Planet Hollywood twice I believe. It's not bad, but I don't really remember what I ordered so the food doesn't stand out too much to me. I think it's a nice experience though.:) Watch out for the bathroom though...the way it's painted can mess with your head!:lmao: We've also eaten at the Coral Reef. It was such a nice restaurant...but fancy food so I didn't really like the menu.:rotfl: I think they have lobster...I don't really care for lobster so that didn't excite me.:p When you go to Epcot make sure you do Soarin!!! I'd get a fastpass for that first thing if I were you! Gotta make sure you get on it!;) :goodvibes And pizza planet is GREAT! We've eaten there TONS! We've also done the 50s prime time. That was fun!:goodvibes Good food too. I wouldn't do the EMH's when they're in the morning if I were you though. That's where EVERYONE heads so it's extra crowded at those parks in the morning/afternoon. We've eaten at Mama Melrose's twice too. It's okay. I got the flatbread last time and I wasn't all that impressed. But it is good food...there was just way too much cheese on mine!:rotfl:
Oh yeah and the reason why I just HAD to post! Winter summerland putt putt is AWESOME!!! We did it back in 99 or 2000 and we had a BLAST!:goodvibes There are two courses. I think we did the winter one...and then there's also a summer one. I got my first hole in one there!!:goodvibes :goodvibes And the Earl of Sandwhich is AMAZING!:love: Yummy!! And for dessert one time you HAVE to go to Ghiradelli's! They have some of THE BEST ice cream!! It's at Downtown Disney across from the World of Disney. Don't forget to do some GOOD shopping in that store!;) :goodvibes
I don't think you're overdoing it at all! Of course as a first timer you HAVE to experience everything!:goodvibes Oh and when you go to Animal Kingdom try to go around opening time and head to Expedition Everest and get a fastpass for that RIGHT AWAY! It's brand new (April '06?) and it's AMAZING!!!! But the fastpasses go QUICKLY cause it's new and it's a ZOO by where the entrance is. SO MANY PEOPLE!!:rotfl:

Oh wow that was long...SORRY! I didn't mean to make it real long.:blush:

Blaynexox;16444002]Hey! Thanks for posting since i MADE you post! ;) No wait.. I really did MAKE you post! What a VERY informative friend you are :goodvibes

No problem ;) You are going soooo soon:yay:

Aside from all the other things that people have said in response to blaynes post... (I agree with all of them by the way)....
I just want to add a great big KUDOS to your awesome parents.... What a difference they have made in the life of Todd. Yes he is with their wonderful daughter but they didnt have to be so kind and giving to someone that needed that support going through a rough childhood. Everyone that is in a bad situation prays for their fairy godmothers/godparents and not so many people are lucky to ever find them.... Hope you guys never forget how you feel today and good luck to your very bright future ahead.

Aww! Thats so sweet of you. Yeah, my parents are amazing! Todd adores them and they him. My dad always tells him he's the "son he never had" since its me and my older sister Lacey. Thank you for your sweet sentiments!! :goodvibes

Just think! In less than 4 weeks you'll be in WDW!!! :yay:

You asked about my WDW Excel spreadsheet on my TR - here it is!

Sample WDW Spreadsheet

Just add or subtract columns to reflect how many days your trip is, and then copy and paste stuff until it matches your itinerary. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

-Michelle

Oh Michelle thank you SO much! I cant wait to use them! :)

I'm so jealous! We aren't going back until NEXT January (I fervently hope!). I am so looking forward to hearing about your actual trip. Can't wait to hear how you liked Coral Seas, b/c my dd (aka "Bunny") is dying to eat "in that restaurant where you can see all the fish when you eat". The menu sounds awesome, doesn't it?:thumbsup2

Hey! I cannot WAIT to go to the Coral Reef. I'll definitely tell ALL about it since it will be our Valentine's meal and I'll probably be doing a dining report as well! Thanks for reading!

I read your itinerary and it sounds GREAT! We've eaten at Planet Hollywood twice I believe. It's not bad, but I don't really remember what I ordered so the food doesn't stand out too much to me. I think it's a nice experience though.:) Watch out for the bathroom though...the way it's painted can mess with your head!:lmao: We've also eaten at the Coral Reef. It was such a nice restaurant...but fancy food so I didn't really like the menu.:rotfl: I think they have lobster...I don't really care for lobster so that didn't excite me.:p When you go to Epcot make sure you do Soarin!!! I'd get a fastpass for that first thing if I were you! Gotta make sure you get on it!;) :goodvibes And pizza planet is GREAT! We've eaten there TONS! We've also done the 50s prime time. That was fun!:goodvibes Good food too. I wouldn't do the EMH's when they're in the morning if I were you though. That's where EVERYONE heads so it's extra crowded at those parks in the morning/afternoon. We've eaten at Mama Melrose's twice too. It's okay. I got the flatbread last time and I wasn't all that impressed. But it is good food...there was just way too much cheese on mine!:rotfl:
Oh yeah and the reason why I just HAD to post! Winter summerland putt putt is AWESOME!!! We did it back in 99 or 2000 and we had a BLAST!:goodvibes There are two courses. I think we did the winter one...and then there's also a summer one. I got my first hole in one there!!:goodvibes :goodvibes And the Earl of Sandwhich is AMAZING!:love: Yummy!! And for dessert one time you HAVE to go to Ghiradelli's! They have some of THE BEST ice cream!! It's at Downtown Disney across from the World of Disney. Don't forget to do some GOOD shopping in that store!;) :goodvibes
I don't think you're overdoing it at all! Of course as a first timer you HAVE to experience everything!:goodvibes Oh and when you go to Animal Kingdom try to go around opening time and head to Expedition Everest and get a fastpass for that RIGHT AWAY! It's brand new (April '06?) and it's AMAZING!!!! But the fastpasses go QUICKLY cause it's new and it's a ZOO by where the entrance is. SO MANY PEOPLE!!:rotfl:

Oh wow that was long...SORRY! I didn't mean to make it real long.:blush:

Hey! Thanks for all of your suggestions and input! I LOVE the long post (they are my favorite :) ) I'll admit I'm a little nervous about Planet Hollywood, but it's probably the ONLY restaurant Todd said anything about. He wanted to go AND we have an extra 15 dollar AAA voucher so I think it will be really fun! I CANNOT wait to eat at Coral Reef although I don't think they have lobster. I LOVE lobster and I know that looking at the menu, I thought that for a seafood restaurant they didnt have as much seafood as I thought that they would! I would love them to have like a "lobster special" for valentiens day! Oh and I totally CANNOT wait to go on Soarin' I know that Im going to love it! We are not doing ANY MORNING EMH's. We are just doing nights. Morning EMH's just didnt seem important to me, so we aren't doing them! I cannot wait to go to Winter Summerland. We love mini golf and we have free passes, so we are going to do BOTH courses!! Im so pumped for it! I also have %15 off my purchases at WORLD OF DISNEY (AAA is AWESOME!) .. so we will be doing aLOT of shopping there! Oh boy I cant wait for Everest! Thank you so much for reading and thanks for the post!!

Just to let everyone know I'll be updating later ! Thanks for reading! :)

-Blayne

Garden Grill!! I love that place. It's a great character meal in Epcot! I'm sure you already know about it! My family and I had a great time there!
You two are adorable! My hubby and I are high school sweethearts too (now going on 5 years of marriage and 2 kids!) I can't wait for you to go an experience disney for the first time! It really is an amazing place! Take lots and lots of pictures to share with all of us when you get back!

I have bought my crocs and have broken them in :
crocs.jpg

I decided on the plain black ones because I used to have a personal vendetta against croc wearers because I found them so completely and utterly ugly. However, I think they are AMAZING now - still ugly, but amazingly comfortable. I can wear them to work all day and feel no pain! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

I dont know how I missed this post from like last week, but I know what you mean about the crocs being ugly...I havent caved yet though and bought any. I probably will though, especially if they are as comfy as everyone says they are! Your trip is drawing near!! Isnt it exciting??:banana:

I was thinking of doing Donald's Breakfastasaurus at AK on our last day because we will be spending a half day at Animal Kingdom. Would anyone recommend or not recommend Donald's?

I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet or not...but I (and the rest of my family) HIGHLY recommend this character breakfast!!! We've done it THREE times now! (When we did it this past month I was like...and WHY are we doing this again??:rotfl: Not that I don't like it...but we had JUST done it at the end of September with my year old niece.) It's a buffet and unlike the other character breakfasts that we've done in the past, it has GOOD food!! Fruit, cereal, pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, donuts, croisants, CRUMB CAKE!!! (or some people know it as coffee cake...either way it's my FAVORITE...besides french toast of course.:p) So if you want a good character meal and you have time...go for the breakfastasaurus!:goodvibes

*edit* I see you went for the breakfastasaurus...good for you!!:goodvibes You'll have lots of fun!

Random Things that I MUST do at WDW
-Taste all the sodas at Club Cool

Might I make a suggestion here?:rotfl: I would not try ALL of the sodas at Club Cool. Avoid Beverly...the drink from Italy. It is so nasty!:scared: I'm fairly certain you do not want to try it. I suggest making Todd drink it!!:rotfl:

AWW its alright! We are actually taking Magical Express so they take care of ALL the luggage for you already. We just need to bring our carry on bags. Thanks for trying though! -- ANY HELP ANYONE ELSE??? :)

They hold all of your bags for you while you are in the parks, even your carry ons!:goodvibes When you check out they just ask you how many bags you have and give you a receipt for when you come back to get them.

Oops...somebody already answered this and for some reason it won't let me delete it.:blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter