BC "secret door" and BCV?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Remember also that there will be a walk to the buses and perhaps a wait. Walk to BC, use the "secret door" and you will quickly be in the air conditioning.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023...his-secret-door-at-disneys-beach-club-resort/

It says that only guests of the Beach Club can access the "secret door". Does anyone know if that includes guests of BCV? Since the lobby, BC Marketplace, Solarium are all essentially "shared, I hope that door is too. I've walked back from Epcot in more than a few rainstorms, and it sure would be nice to be able to duck into that door. Can we?

Absolutely that became our go to from and back to the Villas. Much easier than going through the hotel maze.

Leads you right to the courtyard.

Absolutely that became our go to from and back to the Villas. Much easier than going through the hotel maze.

Leads you right to the courtyard.
Are you sure you're referring to the 'secret door' and not just the shortcut path back to BCV? I believe the 'secret door' gets you into the BC resort and you need to work your way through the resort to get back to the main areas, including the path to the Villas.

We've walked by that door many times, and have seen people using it, but we've never actually tried it while staying at BCV - so I can't answer the OP's question directly. My initial thought is that it's probably just for BC guests, not BCV, but I don't know for certain. And TheDailyMoo, if you were actually answering about the door and not the path, I apologize for the response.

It says that only guests of the Beach Club can access the "secret door". Does anyone know if that includes guests of BCV? Since the lobby, BC Marketplace, Solarium are all essentially "shared, I hope that door is too. I've walked back from Epcot in more than a few rainstorms, and it sure would be nice to be able to duck into that door. Can we?
We are at the Yacht next month and I will try it and see.

We were able to open that door staying at BCV last month so I have to assume it's not just hotel side guests! We used the path back there a lot to get back to our room, but never really used the door because it looked annoying to navigate with a toddler in a stroller (we just opened and it looked to go into a stairwell if memory serves, and we didn't explore going in further than that).

Leaving BCV and making a left at the Marketplace, I've wound my way thru BC and out to the back path. It's more confusing to me doing it in reverse.

It's not really secret but sometimes it's closed. It's the first path you will see on your way back from Epcot. It is a walkway that leads around the back side of the hotel and villa side.

Leaving BCV and making a left at the Marketplace, I've wound my way thru BC and out to the back path. It's more confusing to me doing it in reverse.
Sometimes, the secret ways are obvious once you know them, but finding them might not be worth the effort for a single stay. (Says someone who once wandered outside BCV trying to find a way in I was pretty sure a Disboarder had described.)

It's not really secret but sometimes it's closed. It's the first path you will see on your way back from Epcot. It is a walkway that leads around the back side of the hotel and villa side.
I've taken the walkway, but as the link shows, you go inside the building through the doorway right inside the entrance to the walkway.

Are you sure you're referring to the 'secret door' and not just the shortcut path back to BCV? I believe the 'secret door' gets you into the BC resort and you need to work your way through the resort to get back to the main areas, including the path to the Villas.

We've walked by that door many times, and have seen people using it, but we've never actually tried it while staying at BCV - so I can't answer the OP's question directly. My initial thought is that it's probably just for BC guests, not BCV, but I don't know for certain. And TheDailyMoo, if you were actually answering about the door and not the path, I apologize for the response.
Both lol! Depended we have used that door mostly as an exit, once as an entrance and usually walked the path like you said. I'm not a huge fan of the villas proximity to the pool but couldn't be happier with the proximity to IG using that exit (in not great weather) or the path all the way in nicer weather!

I've taken the walkway, but as the link shows, you go inside the building through the doorway right inside the entrance to the walkway.
I think I may have misunderstood the OP's original question, because when we use that gate, we never have to enter a building until we get to the Villa section to go up to our room. The path goes along the outside of the building (if looking at that link, "the right" of BC's building).

Both lol! Depended we have used that door mostly as an exit, once as an entrance and usually walked the path like you said. I'm not a huge fan of the villas proximity to the pool but couldn't be happier with the proximity to IG using that exit (in not great weather) or the path all the way in nicer weather!
Sounds like I've got an answer! You've been able to open the door to go in, so the system recognizes you as a Beach Club guest, even though you're in the villas? Like you said, I'm looking for the quickest place to get out of the not great weather when it's raining. Thanks! And I also got the idea to try going out that door, just to check to make sure I won't get lost after I get in and just wander around until midnite!

This thread is confusing because people are discussing two different things that save steps. The Yacht & Beach Club Thread over on the regular (not DVC) Disney Resorts forum talks about both of them.

Item # 1: The Beach Club Secret Exit
This is a doorway which takes you from the outdoors into the Beach Club building, or vice versa. The thread says this:
There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501. [When you are inside the Beach Club] You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.
There are photos from both inside the building and outside the building here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451148

Item # 2: The shortcut path from BCV to the walkway around Crescent Lake
If you are staying in BCV and you want to go to Epcot, you do not have to go into the Beach Club resort to get there.
When you leave BCV, head toward the Beach Club, but look for the path between the green building (Beach Club Villas) and the blue building (Beach Club Resort). Walk down the path until you get to the point where you can't walk straight anymore, because you would walk into the bushes. Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left. After you turn right, go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't. Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path which goes around Crescent Lake. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot. I suggest doing it in daylight the first time.
There is a photo of the first turn here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451110

Yes very concise. I mashed the two up because I use both ways. Sometimes through the hotel maze and sometimes just the path. Weather played a big role in determining which way to leave and come back. Just stay left either way when leaving and you’re good and jump through that gate and pick the best route staying to your right either way.

This thread is confusing because people are discussing two different things that save steps. The Yacht & Beach Club Thread over on the regular (not DVC) Disney Resorts forum talks about both of them.

Item # 1: The Beach Club Secret Exit
This is a doorway which takes you from the outdoors into the Beach Club building, or vice versa. The thread says this:
There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501. [When you are inside the Beach Club] You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.
There are photos from both inside the building and outside the building here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451148

Item # 2: The shortcut path from BCV to the walkway around Crescent Lake
If you are staying in BCV and you want to go to Epcot, you do not have to go into the Beach Club resort to get there.
When you leave BCV, head toward the Beach Club, but look for the path between the green building (Beach Club Villas) and the blue building (Beach Club Resort). Walk down the path until you get to the point where you can't walk straight anymore, because you would walk into the bushes. Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left. After you turn right, go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't. Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path which goes around Crescent Lake. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot. I suggest doing it in daylight the first time.
There is a photo of the first turn here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451110
Meant to quote you above

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter