Best places to stay in LA and San Diego

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
Who can reccomend a great place to stay in Anaheim, and San Diego? We will probably stay a week at each place. We are a family of six. Me, DH, DS 11, DD 9, DD 4, and DD 1, so we would prefer something "apartment style". Has to have a nice pool (as long as it is warm enough in april to swim).

Thanks once and again. You´re such a help :flower:

I believe that the Catamaran Resort in San Diego has apartment style accommodations. It is located on Mission Bay and has its own beach.

My favorite hotel in San Diego is the Marriott Marina located downtown next to the convention center. The hotel has a fantastic pool.

My favorite place in San Diego is Paradise Point resort and spa, it has a great pool, acres of great gardens and a real resort feel. Kinda expensive tho, depends on that you like. they have a web site, you can check them out. sometimes they have decent deals at expedia.com
At DL we love the DLH

I live in San Diego and happened to stay at the Catamaran Resort and was very disappointed. The service was pretty terrible and the rooms were not very clean. There were cigarette butts all over our patio, hair in the bathroom, and our door tag for room service in the morning was never picked up!

There are tons of better hotels within San Diego. I am not sure of your price range?

GreenGirl8 said:
I live in San Diego and happened to stay at the Catamaran Resort and was very disappointed. The service was pretty terrible and the rooms were not very clean. There were cigarette butts all over our patio, hair in the bathroom, and our door tag for room service in the morning was never picked up!

There are tons of better hotels within San Diego. I am not sure of your price range?

Ugh! I'm originally from San Diego, but have not lived there for several years. I also have not stayed at the Catamaran---only visited when I was a kid so GreenGirl's info. is much more up to date.

I'm going to SD in three weeks and will be splitting my stay between the Grande Colonial in La Jolla and Park Manor Suites adjacent to Balboa Park.

The Bahia has nice, apartment style rooms. It is in the Mission Beach area, and very convenient to the area attractions. I haven't been in a while, but it was very nice the times we've visited. I liked the Catamaran too, but thought it wasn't as clean and nice feeling.

I visited both San diego and Anaheim end of last summer. Though I don't have a large family, I did spend much time reading reviews of hotels becasue that is the last thing I want ruining my vacation. Wsa VERY happy with both my choices - the Holiday Inn on South Circle in San Diego and the definitely the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim.

Have you checked out the Southern California City Pass - www.citypass.com?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter