Best Sit Down Restaurants

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Headed next week for a few days at Uni--and don't know the Sit Down places like I do at Disney. Staying at RP, and like to try the hotel places if possible--since we have been to most in City Walk already. Like one night to be Italian--so maybe Bice? Give me some suggestions!!

Bice is great since you are staying there. Otherwise, it is a little out of the way. Vivo is at the City Walk and is really good too.

I'm also a big fan of Big Fire (overpriced but the food is really good) and Pat O'Briens (hurricane's, crawfish etouffee and dueling pianos). Antojito's is solid. Cow Fish if you like sushi (I'm more of a sushi as an appetizer guy). The theming at Toothsome is spectacular. The food is meh. The shakes are awesome though, but extremely rich. You might want to split one with whomever you go to the parks with. And don't even think about having one if you are the slightest bit intolerant of lactose or you and everyone around you will pay a horrible price.

The rest of the places are chains that you can find in other tourist areas (Bubba Gump, Hard Rock, Margaritaville). Nothing special there.

I'd steer clear of NBC Sports. Service and food quality is subpar. Not even as good as your local Applebee's.

The offerings inside the parks are a little slim. I love Mythos for the ambiance, especially after dark. But the food is just ok there. Finegan's is your run of the mill Irish bar & grill. But the food is good and I think the service there is the best on property. One thing about the in park sit downs - outside of having to tip, it really isn't much more expensive to eat there vs counter service. And it is more relaxing and you get to drink as much water or soft drinks as you'd like.

Top 4 for food quality: Big Fire, Finegans, Vivo & Pat O'Briens.

Top 4 for ambiance: Mythos (by a landslide), Pat O'Briens, Big Fire, Toothsome

Bice is great since you are staying there. Otherwise, it is a little out of the way. Vivo is at the City Walk and is really good too.

I'm also a big fan of Big Fire (overpriced but the food is really good) and Pat O'Briens (hurricane's, crawfish etouffee and dueling pianos). Antojito's is solid. Cow Fish if you like sushi (I'm more of a sushi as an appetizer guy). The theming at Toothsome is spectacular. The food is meh. The shakes are awesome though, but extremely rich. You might want to split one with whomever you go to the parks with. And don't even think about having one if you are the slightest bit intolerant of lactose or you and everyone around you will pay a horrible price.

The rest of the places are chains that you can find in other tourist areas (Bubba Gump, Hard Rock, Margaritaville). Nothing special there.

I'd steer clear of NBC Sports. Service and food quality is subpar. Not even as good as your local Applebee's.

The offerings inside the parks are a little slim. I love Mythos for the ambiance, especially after dark. But the food is just ok there. Finegan's is your run of the mill Irish bar & grill. But the food is good and I think the service there is the best on property. One thing about the in park sit downs - outside of having to tip, it really isn't much more expensive to eat there vs counter service. And it is more relaxing and you get to drink as much water or soft drinks as you'd like.

Top 4 for food quality: Big Fire, Finegans, Vivo & Pat O'Briens.

Top 4 for ambiance: Mythos (by a landslide), Pat O'Briens, Big Fire, Toothsome
I gotta check out Big Fire.....don't know much about that one. Its between Bice and Enzo's Hideway--but we have been to Enzo's, so really wanting to try something new (and without the drive to Disney).

Food wise I think Strongwater has the best Kitchen at Universal and its next to RP. It is Tappas - so small plates - but some great options and some unusual things. (Octopus, Curry Goat etc..) The staff is excellent as well

I felt Bice was overrated - if I was not staying at PB I would not bother - Vivo is much easier.

I like Toothsome, but stick to the appetizers at the bar.
Same for NBC - great beers selection and decent apps - but not a place for a nice sit down.

In Island Confisco Grille is also very good IMO - Mythos is nice but I prefer the food as Confisco.

Big fire has been hit or miss for me.

In the end id focus on the menus and what interests you as most of the places are not consistent and options will vary greatly.

RP - Jake's, Orchid Court, Islands has a great buffet breakfast
PBH - Mama Dellas
Cowfish and Big Fire are good. We also like NBC Grill

Resorts, we really love the Kitchen at Hard Rock. It's nothing special as far as atmosphere, but I've never gotten anything to eat there that I didn't love. Haven't been in a few years, though, so not sure if it's still as good.

In IOA, Mythos for the atmosphere, but we usually prefer to get quick service at the HP restaurants, so we don't normally do a lot of sit down meals in the parks. We love the family feast at the Three Broomsticks. It's close enough to a real sit down meal for us (rotisserie chicken, spareribs, potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad). It also used to come with roasted vegetables , peppers and onions, but I don't see those mentioned, so not sure if it still does anymore.

At Citywalk, we enjoy CowFish, and I agree Toothsome is fun for the theming and desserts, but the food is just ok. I recommend going only for dessert. Eat a light meal before hand or get an appetizer and then go and order some of the big elaborate desserts. This way you can still enjoy the theming and characters.

RP - Jake's, Orchid Court, Islands has a great buffet breakfast
PBH - Mama Dellas
Cowfish and Big Fire are good. We also like NBC Grill
I completely forgot about Mama Della's!!! Thanks for reminder!

We going in April, 2024 and also are looking at sit-down places. The only one I had definitely decided on was Mythos.

For us, Vivo is one of the best places to eat in Citywalk, and we`re not really Italian food fans generally. But the atmosphere, staff and food are excellent.

Cowfish is good for burgers, their sushi is not for us, presented nicely, but very bland. If you want good sushi go to Orchids in RPR. You won`t get better onsite.

NBC is again good for burgers and appetisers.

Big Fire was a big let down for us and we avoid Bubba Gump like the plague!

But the best place in UOR is Strong water Bar.....practically our home from home when we`re there. Food and cocktails are amazing, you won`t get better anywhere and the staff are wonderful.

Confisco Grille in IOA is one of the better park restaurants as is Lombards in the Studios.

You have so many lovely choices, please come back and let us know how you got on.

For us, Vivo is one of the best places to eat in Citywalk, and we`re not really Italian food fans generally. But the atmosphere, staff and food are excellent.
This is good to know since this is where I finally booked us for Saturday night. It looked like one of the nicer places in Citywalk and seemed like a good choice for gluten free dining.

we avoid Bubba Gump like the plague!

Oh, really. Is there a particular reason? We've had a lot of great meals at the Citywalk location in the past, but that was a long time ago. It was a favorite restaurant of the kids when they were little, so we used to go every trip. Sometimes more than once in the same trip. I think the kids would have happily eaten there for every meal. They loved the atmosphere and the trivia. We always got seated quickly and had great service. It's not gourmet food or anything, but we enjoyed it for what it was, and it was perfect for picky kids.

This is good to know since this is where I finally booked us for Saturday night. It looked like one of the nicer places in Citywalk and seemed like a good choice for gluten free dining.

Oh, really. Is there a particular reason? We've had a lot of great meals at the Citywalk location in the past, but that was a long time ago. It was a favorite restaurant of the kids when they were little, so we used to go every trip. Sometimes more than once in the same trip. I think the kids would have happily eaten there for every meal. They loved the atmosphere and the trivia. We always got seated quickly and had great service. It's not gourmet food or anything, but we enjoyed it for what it was, and it was perfect for picky kids.
We have been a few time before giving up as every meal was worse than the last.

On one occasion Tom ordered crab legs, and the legs were all empty bar one.....lol......I asked for the fish to be broiled and it came swimming in grease and completely overcooked. Last time we tried (final chance) the fish again was overdone, tough and amazingly still frozen in the middle while Tom`s were just greasy and not nice. My nephew and his wife went in September as they had heard it was good, they got an undercooked burger and underdone chicken, when they sent both dishes back their waitress said British folks don`t understand medium burgers as you all eat everything overdone!!! I saw the picture it was raw. He asked if Brits didn`t know cooked or uncooked chicken either.

Yep, that`s enough for me not to go back, but I did like their cocktails but that`s about it.

I do think Citywalk would be enhanced with a good quality seafood restaurant, not somwhere like BG, but I doubt they`ll ever bring something like Emerils back to Citywalk now.

However, many many folks enjoy it there.....something for everyone :)

Vivo however, has never disappointed.

Emerils back to Citywalk now.
Yeah - that was really good when it opened - the tasting menu was amazing.

When Emeril fell off the face of the earth it really went down hill - I used to love going there for lunch or even just going to the bar - I do miss it a lot.

The one at RPR was also pretty good, but not as good as the one at Citywalk.

Its unfortunate they really don't have anything at that level anymore in Citywalk.

As for BG - I tried it once and was very underwhelmed - and there is never an excuse for underdone chicken

Yeah - that was really good when it opened - the tasting menu was amazing.

When Emeril fell off the face of the earth it really went down hill - I used to love going there for lunch or even just going to the bar - I do miss it a lot.

The one at RPR was also pretty good, but not as good as the one at Citywalk.

Its unfortunate they really don't have anything at that level anymore in Citywalk.

As for BG - I tried it once and was very underwhelmed - and there is never an excuse for underdone chicken
We always meant to just go and sit at the bar, but never got round to it.

I think we preferred Tchoup Chop, just the menu suited us better but I agree I wish they had a higher end restaurant in Citywalk again, but that doesn`t seem to be what they are aiming for now, still some good choices but it would be nice to have a different option.

Yep, no excuse especially when you`re told you don`t know the difference between raw and properly cooked food because you`re British 🤣

On one occasion Tom ordered crab legs, and the legs were all empty bar one.....lol......I asked for the fish to be broiled and it came swimming in grease and completely overcooked. Last time we tried (final chance) the fish again was overdone, tough and amazingly still frozen in the middle while Tom`s were just greasy and not nice. My nephew and his wife went in September as they had heard it was good, they got an undercooked burger and underdone chicken, when they sent both dishes back their waitress said British folks don`t understand medium burgers as you all eat everything overdone!!! I saw the picture it was raw. He asked if Brits didn`t know cooked or uncooked chicken either.

Yep, that`s enough for me not to go back, but I did like their cocktails but that`s about it.

Oh, my gosh! Thanks for the heads up. It definitely sounds like the quality has dropped off immensely since we used to go. We never experienced anything like that before. I'm wondering if it's staffing issues since the pandemic. I've noticed so many restaurants that used to not have issues, now do.

I do think Citywalk would be enhanced with a good quality seafood restaurant, not somwhere like BG, but I doubt they`ll ever bring something like Emerils back to Citywalk now.

However, many many folks enjoy it there.....something for everyone :)

Vivo however, has never disappointed.
Bubba Gump = Red Lobster for tourists.

I Avoid Bubba Gump's. I know where I can get better seafood in Florida. I don't trust chains for good seafood

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter