Best Sit Down Restaurants

What is the best way to get there if you drive to Universal and have an Annual Pass? My husband uses a scooter and it is large so taking a bus doesn't work. Would we have to pay for parking even though we have a handicapped sticker? We don't have to pay at Disney if you have a reservation.

You can take the scooter on the boats. We have done it before. Use your AP to get free parking at Citiwalk. Then, you can take the boat to Sapphire or Portofino.

OK, one more question, if we wanted to spend an evening at Portofino, what would you recommend? What time are the opera singers? I can't find any mention of them on the hotel website. And if you wanted to catch them, which restaurant would you recommend?

I've heard good things about Mama Della's it can be pricey. But it seemed like they have opera singers walking through and performing in the restaurant.

If you want to watch the opera singers outside, Trattoria del Porto has a dining area outside and you should be able to see the opera singers on the balcony out there. We did that last year around Christmas.

You can take the scooter on the boats. We have done it before. Use your AP to get free parking at Citiwalk. Then, you can take the boat to Sapphire or Portofino.
I'm so out of it, I thought Sapphire had a bus! I've only stayed at Portofino a LONG time ago, and Royal Pacific, also years ago....

I've heard good things about Mama Della's it can be pricey. But it seemed like they have opera singers walking through and performing in the restaurant.

If you want to watch the opera singers outside, Trattoria del Porto has a dining area outside and you should be able to see the opera singers on the balcony out there. We did that last year around Christmas.
I'm seeing some posts saying the singers outside are at 6:30... I guess I should call to confirm.

I'm so out of it, I thought Sapphire had a bus! I've only stayed at Portofino a LONG time ago, and Royal Pacific, also years ago....

Nope, 100% has a boat. I just used it this week.

Boats:
  • Portofino
  • Hard Rock
  • Royal Pacific
  • Sapphire Falls

Walking Paths:
  • Portofino
  • Hard Rock
  • Royal Pacific
  • Sapphire Falls (closed for repair this week, not sure when re-opening)
  • Aventura
  • Cabana Bay

Bus Only:
  • Endless Summer : Dockside
  • Endless Summer: Surfside

Thanks for this!
Nope, 100% has a boat. I just used it this week.

Boats:
  • Portofino
  • Hard Rock
  • Royal Pacific
  • Sapphire Falls

Walking Paths:
  • Portofino
  • Hard Rock
  • Royal Pacific
  • Sapphire Falls (closed for repair this week, not sure when re-opening)
  • Aventura
  • Cabana Bay

Bus Only:
  • Endless Summer : Dockside
  • Endless Summer: Surfside

Is the walk to Sapphire when it is open a long walk compared to Royal Pacific? And is it scenic?

Thanks for this!

Is the walk to Sapphire when it is open a long walk compared to Royal Pacific? And is it scenic?

Yes, it is scenic, and yes, it is longer, but not by that much.

Google Map Walking Times:

CB
- 21 minutes from lobby to exit of the path.
Aventura - 20 minutes from lobby to exit of the path.
Sapphire - 14 minutes from lobby to exit of the path.
Royal Pacific - 8 minutes from lobby or pool to exit of the path.

These times seem pretty accurate for the average walker. We are naturally fast walkers, lots of tall people in the family, and we do each of these walks in about 3 minutes less than posted, so add or subtract accordingly depending on how fast or slow your party moves around.

The walking path is basically the same path for all the hotels. It just branches off to each hotel along the way, so if you’ve walked the part to RP, the rest is the same.

The part that was closed at Sapphire on my trip was only the small part that connects directly to Sapphire, so staying at Sapphire, you could still technically go out the front of the lobby and take the Aventura path entrance. Doing that adds 5 minutes to the walk, so 19 minutes total instead of 14 minutes.

Best and worst dishes at VIVO?

I got the eggplant Parmesan and did not care for it. It was all cheese and sauce and paper thin eggplant to the point that I couldn't even see the eggplant in the dish.

Two members of our group got the squid ink pasta dish and both thought it was amazing.

One person got the Alfredo and thought it was good, nothing special, but good. It was huge, though, enough to feed two people easily. When they were finished it looked like they had barely touched it.

But the best place in UOR is Strong water Bar.....practically our home from home when we`re there. Food and cocktails are amazing, you won`t get better anywhere and the staff are wonderful.
Do you need to pay for parking if you're coming from offsite for dinner?

Do you need to pay for parking if you're coming from offsite for dinner?

Most hotel restaurants will validate parking, I know Strong Water, Amatista, Jake`s, Orchids and Islands do.

The Palm and Bice do too, as for the other`s I`m sure they will but I`d double check as far as the hotels go.

Most hotel restaurants will validate parking, I know Strong Water, Amatista, Jake`s, Orchids and Islands do.

The Palm and Bice do too, as for the other`s I`m sure they will but I`d double check as far as the hotels go.
Thanks. I think I read somewhere parking for Citywalk is free after 6, but I wasn't sure how you would handle it for a hotel restaurant.

Thanks. I think I read somewhere parking for Citywalk is free after 6, but I wasn't sure how you would handle it for a hotel restaurant.

Citywalk is free after 6pm unless there is something like HHN on, then it`s full price.

I know friends have met us at the hotel on many occasions and they`ve always had their parking validated when we`ve been to one of the restaurants mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter