BEST Viewing Spot for Remember...?

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
Every time we've been to DL since 2005, we've had our toddler with us. This August, my DH & I are going by ourselves and can afford the time to camp out to watch the Fireworks. I know that the hub is the best spot to watch this show from, but if you had to choose, where *exactly* around the hub would you watch Remember from?

I know that we will have to find our spot sometime around 5:30/6:00, but that's OK - this is probably the only time we'll be able to see the show.

Actually, you're usually ok to wait until after the 7pm parade has passed by that area. Personally, I prefer to sit during the fireworks. So I go for a spot in front of the castle, in the very back of the seating section. Where we sit is to the left of the castle (on the right the castle is blocking a lot of the blasts coming from Toontown). Anyway, the walkway between the seating section and the street standing section is immediately behind us. That way, no one is walking in front of us and we can see pretty much everything. The only drawbacks are hearing crowd control telling people in the walkway to keep moving and the vultures who think they can sneak in right behind you 5 minutes before the show starts or during the show and get a spot when you are in the very back (and have been there for 2 hours).

I was surprised on Wed Aug 2. We got to the hub 55 minutes early for Remember - about the same time as we went in August 2005. But the hub was empty. There were good spots still available at 9PM.

If the hub was a clock and the castle was at 12:00, our spot was at 9:00 (in front of Frontierland). We were in the middle of the street. In 2005 we were at the 7:30 spot, and I thought that was better because we could see the fireworks better when we were further back from the castle.

The key thing is to have a clear view of the castle. No trees in the way.

We are the opposite of the PP! I have seen it from 8 different spots around the hub and my favorite if you think of it like a clock is around 2 o'clock standing right behind the planter gate in the middle. If the fence is right in front of you, nobody can stand or sit in front of you at all! All the other places I seem to have 7 foot tall people try to get in front of me, but they can't stand in the planter so I am safe. Also the fireworks seem to be a little to the left of the castle so when we sat on the left towards FL, we didn't get a straight on view like we did on the right side facing the castle. Good luck, it's a great show no matter where you are!

Andrea

so, HG, was the 7:30 spot in front of the adventurland entrance ?
We are heading to DLR for the first time during the celebration in Sept (for the 1/2 marathion) and will be able to see the fireworks on Fri and Sat of our visit. Since i am not a fan of crowds I figure we will only do Main st the first night, and then by IASW the second night. I am very interested in finding great spots!

Judy from Boise said:
so, HG, was the 7:30 spot in front of the adventurland entrance ?
We are heading to DLR for the first time during the celebration in Sept (for the 1/2 marathion) and will be able to see the fireworks on Fri and Sat of our visit. Since i am not a fan of crowds I figure we will only do Main st the first night, and then by IASW the second night. I am very interested in finding great spots!
Sort of. It was between AL and Coke Corner.

I agree with some where between the 7-8 spot if you're thinking it is like a clock. You need to have a clear view of the Matterhorn too. We sat just behind the street in front of AL.

We did have the CM telling people which way to go (why don't they just listen to them!) close to us as you can't immediately leave and head through the entrance to AL when it is over, but it was a great spot. We hung out there until some of the crowd cleared out and traffic both ways was allowed back through the entrance to AL, then headed over to watch Fantasmic! We ended up with a pretty good view there too. However it is just DH and I. No strollers, no kids, so we could go places where a stroller couldn't.

mikayla73 said:
I agree with some where between the 7-8 spot if you're thinking it is like a clock. You need to have a clear view of the Matterhorn too.
If you can get a spot also with a view of the Matterhorn, all the better. There are some displays on the Matterhorn. But IMO this is not very important. Just make sure you can see the castle unobstructed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter