Book it. Buy it. BELIEVE it! - TR is started! link posted 8/11

So when is D day again - tomorrow?

Have an awesome trip. Enjoy every minute and start your TR as soon as you get back. Sooner, if possible. :lmao:

BTW - I bought that HHI logo as a decal for my car. I think I am the only person is Delaware with one! :thumbsup2

I don't want to miss your send off!

Have an awesome trip, Cynthia and family, filled with lots of magical surprises and a wonderful time on the DREAM. :goodvibes

So when is D day again - tomorrow?

depends on how you define the "D" :rotfl: we will be leaving for the airport tomorrow but the flight actually leaves the next day (red red eye lol). I've been counting it as tomorrow that's for darn sure but we are still a good 34 hours away.

Have an awesome trip. Enjoy every minute and start your TR as soon as you get back. Sooner, if possible. :lmao:

It won't be sooner, that I can promise you but there will likely be FB updates of sorts. I will have another update tonight though, and maybe tomorrow. It's been an interesting day to say the least!

BTW - I bought that HHI logo as a decal for my car. I think I am the only person is Delaware with one! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I don't want to miss your send off!

Have an awesome trip, Cynthia and family, filled with lots of magical surprises and a wonderful time on the DREAM. :goodvibes

Thanks Karin! I'll be around today and tomorrow...it's one sleep but still another full day of work (and this full day isn't over yet!).

Thanks Karin! I'll be around today and tomorrow...it's one sleep but still another full day of work (and this full day isn't over yet!).

The time change always gets me. :rotfl2: It's close to midnight here and I was worried you would not have time to come back to the boards tomorrow. ;) :lmao:

Aren't they cute! I really hope there is something at Vero with the logo that I like as that is my favorite of the bunch, though they are all cute. And unlike ones that get away, where you'll at least be back in 6 months or a year and can try to get it (drinking out of an epcot mug at the moment that makes up for one that got away in 2009...though it isn't quite the same and I liked the other design better I think) I have no idea if we will ever be at Vero again!

Yes, if you like it, get it. That was my mother's motto on vacation because she always said, "You will kick yourself if you let something go." I try very hard to live by her teachings. :rotfl:

It's always something! Although it really hasn't been too bad...I keep waiting for a work explosion today or tomorrow though! I hope I hear on the BC...

Oh I hear that one...... :sad2: Been there Done that.:rolleyes1

I hope I caught you....

Have an amazing trip, Cynthia!! :yay: :dance3: :banana: :cool1:

I'm so glad the business of K's ID finally came through!! :banana:

Sounds like it occurring now may not bode well for menopause when that happens. I'll be seeing a natureopath when that happens, no hormone replacement for me, that freaks me out!

And for the record I'm right there with you on this one, the thought of HRT scares the h out of me!

The time change always gets me. :rotfl2: It's close to midnight here and I was worried you would not have time to come back to the boards tomorrow. ;) :lmao:

Nope, I've still got 26 hours and 17 minutes.

Not that I'm counting :rotfl:

Yes, if you like it, get it. That was my mother's motto on vacation because she always said, "You will kick yourself if you let something go." I try very hard to live by her teachings. :rotfl:

It is so true! By the same token if you don't love it, don't get it.

Have a great vacation Cynthia !!!

Thanks Rosie!

Oh I hear that one...... :sad2: Been there Done that.:rolleyes1

It's going to be ugly, I can smell it. At least 3 things people owed me by today that of course, I didn't get.

I hope I caught you....

Have an amazing trip, Cynthia!! :yay: :dance3: :banana: :cool1:

I'm so glad the business of K's ID finally came through!! :banana:

Thanks, me too! And supposedly she has a certified copy in hand, and will be ready at 6. Fingers crossed!

And for the record I'm right there with you on this one, the thought of HRT scares the h out of me!

yeah. NO thanks!

It never fails, solve one crises and another one crops up. Someone up there knows you are leaving town and wants to make sure you really take care of everything, that wouldn’t normally happen!

I may have to start calling it….Crises O’ the Day. :rotfl:

As if the following wasn’t enough.
  • 4 weeks before the trip = major eye flare up, neck flare up and various doctor appointments to attempt to resolve
  • 3 weeks before the trip – Kendall beginning MRI diagnoses on both ankles to confirm potential injuries
  • 2.5 weeks before the trip = Evan to the ER for almost biting through his lip
  • 1.5 weeks before the trip = Eric to the ER for a potential infected finger
  • 1 week before the trip = major breakout
  • 2 days before the trip = not a breakout and needs treatment (I swear I look like I have the measles, or leprosy or something, it's awful!)
  • 1 day before the trip = A vomiting cat.
Over and over and over.

The day of the trip may mean a visit to the vet. I have chatted with them today already and we’ve agreed to wait till morning and see how he is doing. Other than that, he seems fine. My carpet? Not so much. I hate to overact, he does throw up occasionally, and sometimes it is more than once (maybe 1x a month?) but this is more than “usual”. Prayers for my kitty much appreciated. I fed him about an hour ago for the first time since all this went down earlier today and we will see how it goes. Could make for a very interesting day tomorrow.

The good news is that my work laptop, supposedly infected with malware is actually ok and so I’m able to get done what I can before I leave. Of course some of what I do is dependent on others so if they don’t get their end of it done in time…oh well.

The annoying news is that the face wash my doc wants me to use is apparently out of stock due to a manufacturer shortage. I’ve been to 4 stores already. I will probably forget to buy the backup stuff tomorrow and end with nothing lol! They haven’t called with the culture results yet but hopefully they will in the morning and I can make one more attempt at the stuff..and pick up the RX if needed. Which sounded very likely. I’d just as soon get started on it now and not deal with trying to pick it up in FL as practically speaking I won’t be able to get to a drugstore till Monday unless I try and see if our grocery shopper can pick it up.

Now, onto the fun stuff.

We had a fun night last night. Despite being members at our Y for about a year and a half, the timing has never been right for the kids to do the climbing wall. It was last night and they had a blast!

4cb3b2c2.jpg

60116372.jpg

Eric did not make it to the top of any of the courses. And apparently made the huge mistake of betting Evan that Evan couldn’t conquer a certain one. He apparently forgets how much Evan loves climbing walls, despite the fact we rarely do them.

As a result, apparently Eric has to buy Evan a pin on the trip. A “cheap” pin according to them, no more than $5. Is there even such a thing for a rack pin? I’m not happy about the bet and am really hoping that instead once they see their trading loot, I mean lot, from me, that Eric can just give him one of those instead, I don’t like the idea of him using his souvenir money on a bet. But was overruled very vocally by both that it was “fair”.

Huh. Boys.

Both boys were “done” packing and so I did a bag check last night and overall, they did really well. A few rather musty smelling things that needed to be rewashed, a few extra things and full size toothpaste tubes but other than that, they did well. The pile is growing

3 days out

b02cc833.jpg

2 days out

2633c6a6.jpg

Hopefully by tomorrow it will look smaller, not bigger!

In some other exciting news…

New portable perks came out on the member site so I printed them up and found a couple more little discounts I didn’t know about. The key of course is remembering once there if the opportunity comes up and pulling out the card.

We were also invited to a Sundown DVC event at AKV. I had no idea they did this. Kind of sounds like a Welcome Wednesday type of thing that is twice a week by reservation at Jambo. While it is unlikely we will make it (will most likely be still in the park) it is nice to know that it could be an option for appetizers and drinks on Monday night! Has anyone else heard of this? I do feel tracked…they know we will be there!

I spent the rest of the evening last night finishing up our FE stuff. Well most of it, along with the suspected malware for some reason my network disappeared off of my work computer :badpc: which is where I had one file ready to print and it printed really wonky off of the home one (pdf versus the native file…so I know the “why”). So tonight it wasn't back, I dig up the darn wireless key which is always a pain and it says the netowrk already exisits. DOH I'd hit the wireless key OFF button. It happens about once every 6 months and I swear each time I never think taht might be the case. WHEW!.

LOL! However, outside of the printing issue, and the fact that my Etsy supply order still hasn’t shown, I had a ton of fun finishing up some last little details.

I even made a couple of things for me!

Which I can show as they don’t really give anything away!

73591cf4.jpg

The good news, in weird way about going to the gym last night is that I realized I’d lost one of the little covers on my ear buds. OW! I have extra’s but would not have thought to pack them and…well I should. Thankfully I remembered where they were as we went to the gym tonight. Which was fun as the boys got to do rec swim. Their idea was to go to bed early to try and get on FL time. HAH! Evan is so wired up for the trip that he is handwashing dishes as I type! Hey, less chores for him tomorrow and frees up his afternoon to go hang with friends. It has been a long day. Sad when you wake up and your ticker says one day and well…it’s STILL one day and not even at 24 hours yet! I have other stuff I really should be doing but….would rather go watch dancing for an hour and snuggle with my cat.

I'll have an update at some point tomorrow, it is a LONG day although we've decided we will likely do rec swim again (for E's, workout for me) and then shower before the flight as that will fill up some time and help everyone be tired. Right now am really looking forward to the fact that when I wake up it's boarding pass printing time!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! pixiedust::cat:

Hope all is ok! I know Drop off cats was on your list. Where are they headed? Kennel? Vets? Someone's home?

Glad to hear your family had fun climbing walls last night, but I would offer that you have been climbing walls every day for the last couple of months. Probably longer!

Cute earings!

Things are moving right along.

You are so right about work - I actually put my out of office on a few days ahead of time to warn people I was going to be out and if they needed a swim reservation or info from to ask NOW and not wait becaue I would be out. LOL It worked for at least one person- HR so I was happy about that.

Get ready, Get worn out and get thee to the airport. :cool1::cool1:

Oh, I hope your kitty feels better soon!!!

And that you find your face wash before you leave.

And that everything goes smoothly today.

And Eric and Evan can resolve their bet with the pins you bought. What is it with betting and boys? Connor is always trying to bet with Chelsea.

The Sundowner thing at Jambo sounds really neat. I hope you make it there!

Yeay for today being departure day!!! Have a magical trip, Cynthia!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! pixiedust::cat:

Hope all is ok! I know Drop off cats was on your list. Where are they headed? Kennel? Vets? Someone's home?

My parents will have the cats. Really, my dad. Good news is the vet is less than a mile from their house if anything does go south. Honestly...and I could be wrong...he may have been stressed out I wasn't sitting with him for 3 nights in a row. He's getting old. :sad1: So instead of a lot of last minute things I should have been doing, I watched an hour and a half of tv, snuggled with my cat and stayed up too late! But he was fine all night and still seems ok. He has gotten sick before while we've been gone, which is why we don't leave them alone and have someone check on them any more. The kennel works but is $$$ and they'll be happier with my dad. As long as they don't make a mess. Part of the reason we did the kennel last summer is the older one was having some bladder control issues. Good news is after the kennel stay we came up with a strategy that works for him and so that's under control.

Glad to hear your family had fun climbing walls last night, but I would offer that you have been climbing walls every day for the last couple of months. Probably longer!

maybe....but that's a normal state of being

:lmao:

Cute earings!

thanks, nothing fancy but while I was at it and had some extra beads, why not? Clearly not something I do on a regular basis and am pretty darn rotten at it but it was fun. And kept me up too late that night too! So hopefully I'll sleep well on the plane. Heck, I may doze on the way tot he airport!

Things are moving right along.

You are so right about work - I actually put my out of office on a few days ahead of time to warn people I was going to be out and if they needed a swim reservation or info from to ask NOW and not wait becaue I would be out. LOL It worked for at least one person- HR so I was happy about that.

I've been warning daily all week but to no avail. On the positive side, instead of working on things that were due, since they were hung up with others, I got all kinds of other icky admin stuff done that I'd been avoiding. :lmao:

Get ready, Get worn out and get thee to the airport. :cool1::cool1:

Worn out, check. Feeling the two nights of not enough sleep, all my own doing. Playing with beads one night and snuggling with my kitty last.

Ready, pretty darn close!

Oh, I hope your kitty feels better soon!!!
He seems ok this morning and we had a nice long snuggle on the couch last night, I honestly think he might have needed attention and was stressed. I've been wrapped up in trip stuff since Jeff left so he's been lonely at night, our normal hang out time in the evening on the couch.

And that you find your face wash before you leave.

There is something else I can buy, I'm going to try 1-02 more places and then will just get the backup item. I really hope I hear from my dermatologist today as I'd just as soon pick up the Rx today versus trying to deal with getting it in FL if I need it.

And that everything goes smoothly today.

Me too! I'm hoping there's been enough drama the other days that today should be free of it. Evan is off to the lake with friends all afternoon and I told him I'd kill him if he did anything stupid, hurt himself or got sunburned. :rotfl: He did to a lot of chores last night to help him get sleepy and make it so he didn't have any today and it really helped me out so that's good! Jeff let Eric get a bit crispy on Sunday (and at camp) so we are going to have to watch him, not as good with the sunscreen as he's been in the past and he can't afford not to be on top of it.

And Eric and Evan can resolve their bet with the pins you bought. What is it with betting and boys? Connor is always trying to bet with Chelsea.

The Sundowner thing at Jambo sounds really neat. I hope you make it there!

Yeay for today being departure day!!! Have a magical trip, Cynthia!!!

It's funny, I've bought them traders before but they have no idea that it's not a random lot this time, there are some nice rack pins as well as very specific hidden mickeys so I think they are going to have some fun trading with each other! Ah...the bets. On the flip side, Eric has been trying to "earn" a snorkelEars class at Vero. Snorkling 101 in the pool for 1 hour, he is dying to do it. We don't think it's necessary and it's $30. So..if he does his job with the cats (feed and litter) he earns marbles. factoring in camp and backpacking trip his potential total of marbles was 90. My requirement for the class was 72, giving him a fair amount of wiggle room. He is not going to earn the number needed for the class, it will be at partial credit, we will count tonight. So he will have to decide if it's important enough to spend souvenir money on the difference.

Evan has money.

He wants to buy Eric the class/pay the difference.

So, it will come out in the wash. :thumbsup2

Getting close...hope everything goes smoothly today!

Jill in Co

Oh dear....it's just one thing after another.

I hope your kitty is feeling better today.

And, in case I don't get back here before you leave, have a magical time.

Sorry about your kitty! That is no fun! But sounds like he might be feeling better! Good for you for getting in some snuggle time!

Love your earrings! Wow!

Hope you find what you need for your skin. Have you tried Pharmaca? Or Costco pharmacy?

Have a great time!! Your pre-trip report has been really informative and I cannot wait to read about and see the pictures of your actual trip!! Just a few more hours........:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter