Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Here's why.

It's your number of confirmed cases per million of population and your death rate per million.

For comparison, Florida's cases per million are 3,079 vs CT's 12,391 and our deaths are 128 vs your 1,149 per million. You have 4x the cases per million and 9x the deaths. You are 3rd in the US in DEATHS per million.

And those are today's numbers. When the travel ban was implemented, CT was #2 or #3 in the country in cases and deaths, I believe.

View attachment 500137

The problem here is that if COVID was wiped from the earth tomorrow and it was impossible to further spread any infection, those numbers per million starting from March to now would still be the same... what’s important is what is going on in day the last week or two... not what has gone on since they started keeping track....

The problem here is that if COVID was wiped from the earth tomorrow and it was impossible to further spread any infection, those numbers per million starting from March to now would still be the same... what’s important is what is going on in day the last week or two... not what has gone on since they started keeping track....
Maybe, but our individual cities, counties, and states make their own decisions. And, with the exception of the mayor of NYC, I think local and state officials everywhere have done a very credible job with horrible situations.

Do not reside in state but flying out. Do we need to self quarantine if only in the state for a couple of hours?
This will be an issue I think. I don’t believe they will give you relief. You will have had to interact with people within the state you are flying out of.
And while the reasoning no longer means much, in the technical sense of the executive order, you would be “dinged”.

That is the funny thing... unless you fly out of one of the states on the day of check in (which Disney itself would only know if you use Magical Express for example), how do they know whether or not you have been out of those states for 14 days all ready? What about residents of those states with ID from those states who have been at their properties in FL or elsewhere for months all ready? Of course, once again, I point to the laughable I-95 checkpoint... FL will document your arrival by auto into the state so long as you come in by this ONE route... 🙄 yes... I know the EO quarantine applies whether or not someone has documented your arrival, but.... c’mon... plus (as been pointed out who knows how much by now)... residents of most of CT, NY, NJ are no more or less likely to move around with virus that someone from VA, IL, NC, GA, AL, TX, LA, or any other state... gov’t optics to show “we are doing something” at its best. “Who cares if it has any effect, we are DOING something”...lol.

this is what I dont understand (and btw, completely agree with your optics theory):

my in laws live in Florida. So even though I have an NJ license, how would disney know I didnt quarantine with them for two weeks, if I drive in and don’t take DME? I’m not advocating rule breaking, I’m pointing out the lack of logic.

Exactly. NJ now has the highest testing rate in the country. Which also makes our numbers higher of course, but at the same time its spreading faster in a number of other states that aren't on the quarantine list. The data changes too often to set these kind of bans for a long period on any given state.

Do not reside in state but flying out. Do we need to self quarantine if only in the state for a couple of hours?

Sounds like yes. If you fly out of an airport in CT, NJ, NY, or LA you will be told to quarantine. In actual practice some have identified residents only, but the wording and implementation seems to be focused on your departure point.

Has anyone from any of these places signed up for DME? I did last Week and heard nothing,

Had a flight change and updated yesterday....now coming from Charlotte and not JFK.

But still no confirmation. Just wondering if they will not schedule any people with NY addresses.

Scheduled to arrive July 3rd...still hoping it will be gone by then when FL enters Phase 3.

Has anyone from any of these places signed up for DME? I did last Week and heard nothing,

Had a flight change and updated yesterday....now coming from Charlotte and not JFK.

But still no confirmation. Just wondering if they will not schedule any people with NY addresses.

Scheduled to arrive July 3rd...still hoping it will be gone by then when FL enters Phase 3.
I have a DME reservation for my trip, arriving July 13. Just made the reservation a few days ago. I am from NY.

I did, though I had my Dreams agent book it for me.

Thanks! We may end up renting a car if we can’t get a delivery anyway. But, I was just curious as I have never had an issue. But I am also coming before parks open so didn’t know if that is different.

I assume that Disney would not be reaching out to people with “affected” home addresses... so not sure how they will address if people with said addresses try to check in or reserve or whatever... because they don’t know where you’ve been the last 2 weeks (regardless of your address), I would guess that (if anything) they might ask you questions upon arrival about “Have you been...........within the last 14 days” or perhaps a question added to online check in for people who do that (not sure how easy it is to program such a step for a limited group of people for a limited time).

I don’t think Disney or Magical Express is going to contact specific people who fall under quarantine. They seem to be leaving this up to you to figure out before you arrive. Disney Parks Blog put this on Instagram about how you should reschedule your visit if you are subject to quarantine or travel restrictions. I wouldn’t want to show up and Disney then tells me I can’t enter a park cause I have to quarantine for 14 days.

Last edited:
With Disney opening soon, Republican Gov DeSantis won’t want to lose tax revenues (You’re welcome for paying taxes for you every time I come down) He’ll lift the quarantine. It may have made sense in the beginning. CT’s early cases stemmed from people who worked in NYC but lived in CT. But now anyone from any state is as likely to be carrying the virus and according to today’s news, Florida, Texas, Arizona are all seeing an increase in their cases.

With Disney opening soon, Republican Gov DeSantis won’t want to lose tax revenues (You’re welcome for paying taxes for you every time I come down) He’ll lift the quarantine. It may have made sense in the beginning. CT’s early cases stemmed from people who worked in NYC but lived in CT. But now anyone from any state is as likely to be carrying the virus and according to today’s news, Florida, Texas, Arizona are all seeing an increase in their cases.
Heck our governor is asking to hold the republican convention in Jacksonville! He isn’t the issue if Disney sees the quarantine as a legal mandate they will enforce it!

Heck our governor is asking to hold the republican convention in Jacksonville! He isn’t the issue if Disney sees the quarantine as a legal mandate they will enforce it!
Doesn’t his EO about the quarantine say it is to be enforced? I would think that the only way for anyone to not enforce it would be for the EO to expire or be canceled. Otherwise, technically, Disney is expected to enforce the EO as long as it is in effect. I do find it odd that the order would still be in effect if the convention is going to be held in FL.

The EO explicitly says “New York Tri-State Area” which is the NYC metropolitan area that includes certain parts of Conn. and NJ. I’m in upstate and when the original order was made none of the reporting suggested this was statewide, because no one considers it the full three states. It’s really unclear, as is the end date.

The EO explicitly says “New York Tri-State Area” which is the NYC metropolitan area that includes certain parts of Conn. and NJ. I’m in upstate and when the original order was made none of the reporting suggested this was statewide, because no one considers it the full three states. It’s really unclear, as is the end date.
It includes ALL geographic area within the states of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The extended order expires July 7, 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter