Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

Well Cr@p! I didn't think about that. I'm one of those people that doesn't want to see behind the scenes at Disney. I like to just look at the magic afterwards.

Here's a pic I found while looking for something else. But I thought about the dresses you posted.
bridesmaids.jpg

I like poofy dresses!! I guess it's just me. I have a gold one that was made for me for a pageant that is similar to your belle wedding gown, but with out the pick ups. I also have a navy blue one - again made for me for a Miss America pageant that is like these in the pic. I miss those skinny days sometimes. Sigh! But these are my fav. dresses and I will not part with them.
Anywhoo, now that I hijacked your PJ. Maybe this pic will inspire you.

It's pretty, yes, but you HARDLY notice there's a bride in that carriage. The BMs totally overshadow her, even IF she was standing next to them imo.

It's pretty, yes, but you HARDLY notice there's a bride in that carriage. The BMs totally overshadow her, even IF she was standing next to them imo.

Holy crap Mikkel- I never even noticed there was anyone let alone a bride in the carriage!

That's just bad photography. It would depend on how poofy and over the top the bride's dress is. I agree that it should compliment it and not compete or overshadow it.

There's a bride in there!?!?!??! OMG you SOOO could not see her!! All you saw was the BM's!

I was just trying to prove a point with that pic! Those dresses totally don't go - blue and green and pink? When I first downloaded it, I didn't realize there was a bride in there either. But poofy dresses can go for a castle and carriage wedding - that's all I was trying to show. I'll have to dig for a better picture.

I agree with Tanya that it's just bad photography. The picture is focused on the BMs and you don't see the bride b/c she is itty bitty and back in the distance. If the photographer was trying to focus on the bride then the BMs would have been much closer to the carriage. In this picture - I don't think dresses have much to do with it. Even if the BMs were in tea length plain simple dresses you still wouldn't see the bride in the background.

We got to meet with him I think on the 8th and he said he would know in 4 weeks. Next week won't have been 4 weeks yet but I am impatient so I am going to try to check in and see if he has heard anything. All of my BMs are coming in to go dress shopping on the 3rd (which we can't cancel) so it would be really nice to know before then. If not then I guess we will be looking at dresses for both plans.

Holy tons of pages Batman!!! Wow!!! I go away to the world for a week of fun and come back to such a debate! I have to say that I love to read this thread...good or bad. It's like a page turner...you can't wait to see what happens next!
In the end this will turn out to be an AWESOME event and I'm sure we would all like to see the end result.
Waiting for more :surfweb:

Anna Marie

I think dresses similar to that wouldn't be so distracting. You could put them in garrish poofy butt bow, poof sleeve dresses and that's MUCH more distracting. Just make sure you don't pic too bold of colors and make sure you stand out I think it would be fine!

Holy tons of pages Batman!!! Wow!!! I go away to the world for a week of fun and come back to such a debate! I have to say that I love to read this thread...good or bad. It's like a page turner...you can't wait to see what happens next!
In the end this will turn out to be an AWESOME event and I'm sure we would all like to see the end result.
Waiting for more :surfweb:

Anna Marie

haha - I can't wait to see what happens next either! I will be sure to post as soon as we hear something.

I think dresses similar to that wouldn't be so distracting. You could put them in garrish poofy butt bow, poof sleeve dresses and that's MUCH more distracting. Just make sure you don't pic too bold of colors and make sure you stand out I think it would be fine!

I really want dark pink I think, an alternate would be to do a dark navy but I am such a pink person that the blue would be totally out of character for me. All of my BMs really love
140296544664.jpg
. I know what everyone has said about that dress being all wrong with my dress. But we all really like it - so if we go the castle route I think we are going to just order one and see what we think and go from there. I don't think the dress would fit in as well at the LSS.

So the saga continues.

I went as a BM to Alfred Angelo on Friday. The people there were all really nice and spent a tremendous amount of time with our group. They even changed the lighting for each dress the bride tried on. As far as wedding dresses I thought for the price that most of them were a good deal. However you get what you pay for and I thought that a lot of the dresses were really mediocre quality. However, the BM dresses were a different story - I thought they were really poor quality and very overpriced considering. I was very unimpressed with what they had in the store. I had thought all of the dresses I had seen in their magazine ads looked much better. So all of this leads me to the next problem. I had always invisioned Alfred Angelo as being a step up from Davids Bridal. I really liked the dress that Melissa picked out for my BMs from there. If I was this disapointed with AA and I going to be even more disapointed with DB?

So the saga continues.

I went as a BM to Alfred Angelo on Friday. The people there were all really nice and spent a tremendous amount of time with our group. They even changed the lighting for each dress the bride tried on. As far as wedding dresses I thought for the price that most of them were a good deal. However you get what you pay for and I thought that a lot of the dresses were really mediocre quality. However, the BM dresses were a different story - I thought they were really poor quality and very overpriced considering. I was very unimpressed with what they had in the store. I had thought all of the dresses I had seen in their magazine ads looked much better. So all of this leads me to the next problem. I had always invisioned Alfred Angelo as being a step up from Davids Bridal. I really liked the dress that Melissa picked out for my BMs from there. If I was this disapointed with AA and I going to be even more disapointed with DB?

It's too bad you couldn't find anything that you liked at AA. I think you should still try DB. Don't expect anything and you won't be let down :goodvibes

IMO (for whatever that is worth) most all BM dresses are WAY overpriced, as are most wedding dresses. Any special occasion dresses, for the most part.

I would like to give a different point of view on this post, coming from a groom of one of the Disney weddings. You are all nuts. I don't care which bride it is, every one of you wants to have everything and I'm sure asked your planners for things you knew were against the rules, hoping to get them. There is nothing wrong with that because you all deserve to get whatever you can on your special day, and it is all about you.

A case in point is on the first page of Disneydmbnut's trip report, when she wanted the cake in Palo she said:
"I have been waiting for a cake cutting for 38 years...I wanted that!!!
Hhhmmm..this seemed really dumb. This is also where I learned, never be afraid to ask!!"

So it seems that Bride-to-be has taken some of your advice and I think each and every one of you should look back at your time at this stage in the planning and remember how unsure and crazy you were.

And now for Bride-to-be, please decide on one thing so they can check it off a list. You have to remember that most of the people on here are good people just wanting to help, but they are still women. Enough said.

And as for my advice on your wedding from the groom's point of view: have the wedding at Castaway Cay in a dress on the beach. It will be a much more relaxed and fun time for you and your guests.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

Thanks 4th Little Pig. I think Disney is basically going to make the decision for us - not in saying one person will but things like construction plans for both the castle and castaway cay and answers we get to both the castle and the living seas. I doubt everything will come through the way we want - but if it does then we have a tough decision and I think DF is on your side routing for the beach but who knows - there are so many positives and negatives to both. I just hope we hear soon!

As for things such as her cake - there are many things that each bride asks for. I think maybe only some of the escape brides stick to the typical plans. Our coordinator has two full pages with a question on each line of things we have asked for (photography not being one of them). I just think its unfair of brides to attack other brides out of the blue and without just cause, especially when they too are guilty of making similar requests. Thank you for the support.

I just have to say...(And I am not looking to get into an argument or debate here) I just read all 27 pages of this and I have to agree that it wasn't right for people to attack her about trying to "bend rules" (whatever way you want to put it, I tend to agree more with 4th's opinion). Every bride, disney or not, wants SOMETHING special on their day that may happen or may not. But like she said, it doesn't hurt to ask. All they can do is say no, but you never know until you ask. And I am sure she knows the chances of getting an outside photog are slim to none, but again, doesn't hurt to ask. There could be a time where one day disney changes their rules (not that I see it happening, just saying).

Whatever you decide to do I am sure it will be beautiful (I just hope for your sanity you can get some type of a plan soon!).

Now I think that the castle wedding would be the best option (for the dress). I have never been a beach wedding type of girl and I certainly can see where you are coming from not wanting to wear the dress on the beach. I wouldn't really want it dragging in the sand!

I think someone else mentioned, you could always just do the cruise wedding and have a nice size reception at home and wear the dress. But then again, you are already paying a huge amount of money for the cruise so that may not be in the budget?

Another thing I have learned about weddings (Disney or not) you have got to stop trying to accomodate everyone. I finally said I really don't care what anyone else wants... it is our wedding not theirs. Now I know you genuinely want those kids there and the parents don't like babysitters... but you are generous enough to pay for this vacation for them, the least they can do is bend a little for a couple hours. Is there an older child that could maybe "supervise" the others and have a cell phone in case needed? That is was my fiance's family does. They bring the kids back to the hotel room a little bit into the reception (so the parents can enjoy it and because the kids are wiped out) and the oldest one is there. Just another thought.

Good luck and I will definitely be interested to see how this all turns out!

Why bring up all the drama again??? I don't think anyone has a problem with the other things it's the photography that is hitting a nerve. The only reason it is hitting a nerve is because nobody wants Disney's photography and they would all love to have an outside photographer in the parks. Personally, I could care less what someone requests for their wedding, my only thing is that if she does get the outside photographer she shouldn't say anything on here or else Disney may take it away again. I totally understand the want for an outside photographer and I don't blame bride-to-be for that, it would just suck for the other girls that's why it should be kept quiet which I am sure it will be.

Oh and 4th Pig: What is up with this statement? "And now for Bride-to-be, please decide on one thing so they can check it off a list. You have to remember that most of the people on here are good people just wanting to help, but they are still women. Enough said." :confused3

Why bring up all the drama again??? I don't think anyone has a problem with the other things it's the photography that is hitting a nerve. The only reason it is hitting a nerve is because nobody wants Disney's photography and they would all love to have an outside photographer in the parks. Personally, I could care less what someone requests for their wedding, my only thing is that if she does get the outside photographer she shouldn't say anything on here or else Disney may take it away again. I totally understand the want for an outside photographer and I don't blame bride-to-be for that, it would just suck for the other girls that's why it should be kept quiet which I am sure it will be.

Oh and 4th Pig: What is up with this statement? "And now for Bride-to-be, please decide on one thing so they can check it off a list. You have to remember that most of the people on here are good people just wanting to help, but they are still women. Enough said." :confused3

Well after having read the entire PJ in one day, I have no idea when it all happened. I do agree though that anyone who gets any type of rule bent or special privelage anywhere shouldnt mention it to anyone or on any board. That will lead to all sorts of problems definitely. I think I read someone else say something about not being allowed to mention how they got a problem resolved for that same reason. Like I said I didn't want to argue or debate, just giving my opinion, like other people do all the time.

On with the planning...

Don't worry Toni - I just said I wanted to ask. If I do ask and if for some reason they did ever say yes - I would never mention it here.

At the same time I feel like if more brides asked and made a big deal out of it then Disney might do something to improve DPS or change their rules a bit. If all brides just say - oh well there is nothing we can do - then nothing will ever change.

Thanks for the support Tinkabella!

Don't worry Toni - I just said I wanted to ask. If I do ask and if for some reason they did ever say yes - I would never mention it here.

At the same time I feel like if more brides asked and made a big deal out of it then Disney might do something to improve DPS or change their rules a bit. If all brides just say - oh well there is nothing we can do - then nothing will ever change.

Thanks for the support Tinkabella!

I wish they would change that rule. What they SHOULD do is partner up with Misty, The Roots and Randy to do photography for them!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter