Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

I like the short Belle dress you posted, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Belle dress you already have! I sure hope you get to wear it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the castle wedding and that you find out really soon! :scared: I wish they would call already...it's starting to make me nervous for you!

Anna Marie

I like the short Belle dress you posted, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Belle dress you already have! I sure hope you get to wear it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the castle wedding and that you find out really soon! :scared: I wish they would call already...it's starting to make me nervous for you!

Anna Marie

Thanks! I am glad you love my dress so much, so do I! I am def going to wear it at either the castle or the living seas and can't wait! They said it would be four weeks which is next monday :guilty: but I am super impatient so I am gonna call tomorrow and just check to see if they have heard anything.

I love the idea of the castle b/c I think the timeline works perfectly. But at the same time I was just posting a pic of scuba mickey on the main thread page and part of me really wants scuba mickey! AHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!

Hey Melissa - yes I did want it in white for me for the beach. Maybe for the BMs for the castle but I think it will be too cold. I called the only store in our area that sells them and they only had one disney BMs dress in stock, but I might swing by to look at the color swatches.

I just don't want to get too excited until we find out which option we are going with. I am hoping to find out the end of the week. :goodvibes I keep running through the pros and cons of each plan - its driving me nuts! I can't stop thinking about both options and all of the great things we could do with each of them.

So is little Landon psyched about his first cruise?? When is he due?

The hard part is weather in Florida is crazy at that time of year. It could be 80 or 40 which doesn't make the choice any easier.

I hope he's psyched, lol. I tell him about it when ever I read something exciting about DCL. I was looking through a thread on the cruise section that had all the Christmas decorations from the ship and I was telling him how much fun he's going to have... my husbands a little worried that I am brain washing him!

He's due September 7th but I have a feeling he is going to come a little early. We're in double digits now :banana:

The hard part is weather in Florida is crazy at that time of year. It could be 80 or 40 which doesn't make the choice any easier.

I hope he's psyched, lol. I tell him about it when ever I read something exciting about DCL. I was looking through a thread on the cruise section that had all the Christmas decorations from the ship and I was telling him how much fun he's going to have... my husbands a little worried that I am brain washing him!

He's due September 7th but I have a feeling he is going to come a little early. We're in double digits now :banana:

Whats wrong with brainwashing him?? I would have his entire nursery and closet decked out in nothing but disney :cutie:

So big news. I have been tossing and turning as I sleep for a few months thinking about a great beach towel design that would appeal to us and our non-disney liking friends and family.

I finally posted a request on the DISign board and got an immediate reply from an ingenious person named WendyPooh. This is what she created -
weddingtowel-1.jpg

I think its soooooooo perfect! I LOVE it. I kind of want to add wedding specifc things into the bubbles. For example in one bubble I want to a sillouette of mickey and minnie watching fireworks and some fireworks in a bubble above to represent the napa room. Then either the castle or scuba mickey depending on which plan. Then a cruise ship. I just wonder if my photoshop skills are good enough but I figure I have time so I can learn how to do it.

I am just sooo ecstatic that she came up with such a great design. I can't wait for DF to get home so I can show him.

So big news. I have been tossing and turning as I sleep for a few months thinking about a great beach towel design that would appeal to us and our non-disney liking friends and family.

I finally posted a request on the DISign board and got an immediate reply from an ingenious person named WendyPooh. This is what she created -
weddingtowel-1.jpg

I think its soooooooo perfect! I LOVE it. I kind of want to add wedding specifc things into the bubbles. For example in one bubble I want to a sillouette of mickey and minnie watching fireworks and some fireworks in a bubble above to represent the napa room. Then either the castle or scuba mickey depending on which plan. Then a cruise ship. I just wonder if my photoshop skills are good enough but I figure I have time so I can learn how to do it.

I am just sooo ecstatic that she came up with such a great design. I can't wait for DF to get home so I can show him.

Ok, first of all that design is FANTASTIC, I love it!! It's perfect for Disney and non-Disney fans, and I love the hidden Mickeys in the bubbles... so cute! :goodvibes

I don't think I understand what the DISign board is.... where it is, or how it works. And my design skills are nonexistant, so I'm thinking this is something I should know about! Can you clue me in? Thanks!!

Kim I had no clue it existed either until I saw someone post about it on the main thread page for wedding monograms. So I went to try to find it - its on the main main page all the way in the beginning all the way down by the bottom - I think its called Creative DISigns. Anyhoo I spent hours looking through everything and there is tons of super creative stuff just not beach towels stuff. So I posted a new thread asking if anyone had ideas for a beach towel that would appeal to disney and nondisney people. Literally 5 mins later this great person named WendyPooh posted this and said "Here's my try............... I can personalize it with whatever you'd like it to say........"

I just think its so perfect. I am now really bummed because DF is stuck at work in forced overtime again today so I can't show him until tonight.

I love that! It is so cute, and I agree Disney fans and non Disney fans alike would both enjoy it!

Thanks Cassie!! :goodvibes I found it - what a help. I love this, I'll definitely be taking advantage of this. These boards overall are SO incredibly helpful. I can't imagine trying to plan this without them!

Oh I LOVE the beach towel design! Those are amazing!!!! I don't think I would change them at all! Do you know how you would get the design on the towel?

Oh I LOVE the beach towel design! Those are amazing!!!! I don't think I would change them at all! Do you know how you would get the design on the towel?

You have to have it screen printed. There is a group called Barker in Celebration that is licensed to do disney stuff. I think they are kind of expensive though so I am going to keep searching for licensed printers.

I am so glad that you all like the towel idea. DF really likes it too. I was dead set on it until I got emails from my sisters sort of saying "ehhh". But I still think I really really like it.

So today was the day of the big Lilly Sale - the day when I thought I would have all of the beach BM dresses picked out. This is a sale that I go to every year and usually get my entire summer wardrobe from. Today we all went and found NOTHING. I feel like its some sort of sign that we are suppose to go the castle route - which kind of makes me sad b/c I really liked the scuba mickey idea. but then if I did rule out the castle I would probably be equally sad.

Sigh. I left a vm for our consultant yesterday and just can't wait until he calls me back.

Our consultant just called and said he may have some answers for us by the end of the week :banana:

I feel like there if finally a light at the end of the tunnel! I am so excited! :dance3:

I just wanted to post an update. Earlier today I mentioned that I thought that a company called Barker was really really expensive for screen printing towels. I got in touch with them again for a specific quote and told them the budget I wanted to stay within. They then promptly came back with a quote that was quite a bit under what I was expecting to spend. So far I am very impressed with their service today.

I will post more as I know more.

Do you guys think that I need welcome bags?

We are having a welcome dinner party shortly after everyone arrives at WDW and I don't want to have a lot of stuff that people then need to try to pack and carry onto the boat the next am.

I thought about doing big beach bags with lots of stuff including the towels in them to pass out on the boat. I have been looking at TONS of stuff. I keep thinking we could put our logo on everything. Then I started thinking it was turning into more of a corporate event and less - our wedding. I figure the staterooms already come with water and room service is free.

I was thinking it would be nice to just do a bunch of little things like pens and those plastic things that hold your room key while you are swimming from mickeys mates. Then I thought not everyone would like it and we would be better off doing small stateroom credits so people could get what they want - but that I think is a really BAD idea. It just doesn't sound wedding to me.

If we did do welcome bags for the cruise, what would you put in them that didn't look too corporate?

You are giving them a Cruise, I do not think you need to do bags at all. It is only one more thing you are going to have to worry about!

I agree with Goldleelox, you are already giving them so much and spending a lot on your guests. I would prioritize what you would like to do, either towels or a welcome bag, if that is the route you would like to go. You don't want to have to forego something you want because you spent your budget on your guests.

Food for thought if you do end up wanting welcome bags, don't personalize them with your name and date, do something a bit more generic, a play off the towel design perhaps. For mine I did palm trees with the name of the island that I am having my wedding. It just gives people a nice souvenir that they can use again and is not going to be focused on the wedding, they will know where they got it from. (It was my wedding planner's advice). Plus the bag is a gift so you don't need to put a lot in it, a welcome letter, towel, and a couple trinkets would be more than enough.

If you do the castle wedding, I would just do towels, or something simple, you are already spending so much for your guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter