Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

I agree. I would not do welcome bags, or if I did I wouldn't put much in them. I know a lot of people do them only to find out their guests threw away everything inside anyway. The cruise is an amazing gift!

I did wecome bags for all of our guests for our WP wedding. However, you have WAY more guests than me and are spending a TON of money on all of them already. Maybe you could just have a beach bag printed with the same design as the towel and put a welcome letter inside. That way you get your welcome bag and towel idea all in one. I think your guests would love it. They would have a bag to carry their things around and a towel to use on the beach or at the pool. What more could they ask for (I mean you are giving them a cruise! :rotfl:). Plus, you seem a lot like me, and when I get my mind set on something there is no going back. This way you get to use both of your ideas and that awesome design twice!

Anna Marie

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. We have been waiting to hear from disney and still haven't heard anything.

These are the updates -

We are both really frustrated that we haven't heard anything and are honestly considering moving the whole wedding to italy.
portofino_harbor.jpg

So I have spent most of my time doing research. I love the ceremony and reception ideas that we have - they are perfect. It all seems so easy, we could rent out our favorite hotel and have the ceremony either in the town center or up in a castle looking down over the town. Then we would just rent out our favorite restaurant on the water for a reception. It would be perfect! :love: But at the same time I think some of our guests especially the younger ones may miss the cruise. I originally really liked the cruise because then everyone could spend more time together and eat dinner together each night. Whereas if we did italy people wouldn't get as much time together to hang out. So I am torn and back to my sleepless nights weighing out the pros and cons of each. We are going to wait a little longer to see if disney comes back with any answers and hopefully we will get some construciton info on castaway cay next week.

We have decided against the castle because after comparing it to Portofino - the whole thing seems kind of cheesy and tacky. So if we go the cruise route we will most likely stick with the epcot reception plan. I also looked into doing the ceremony and reception at the Ocean Club in Nassau the day the boat stops there - which seemed like a perfect solution but my dad really hates nassau and wants us to steer away from doing anything there.

Next week DF and I and all of my family are going to NYC to go to Kleinfelds (Say Yes to the Dress) to look for my sisters wedding dress. After DF and I are going to go look at some pink diamonds for my wedding band. :cheer2:

Other than that I don't know much. Hopefully I will know more soon!

We have decided against the castle because after comparing it to Portofino - the whole thing seems kind of cheesy and tacky.

Probably not the most sensitive thing to say on the Disney weddings board. ;)

We have decided against the castle because after comparing it to Portofino - the whole thing seems kind of cheesy and tacky. So if we go the cruise route we will most likely stick with the epcot reception plan. I also looked into doing the ceremony and reception at the Ocean Club in Nassau the day the boat stops there - which seemed like a perfect solution but my dad really hates nassau and wants us to steer away from doing anything there.

The castle wedding would be cheesy and tacky? You hate Nassua? Why are you even bothering with a Disney wedding anyway? :confused3

A wedding in front of Cinderella's castle is cheesy and tacky and now like 7 months from your wedding you want to change? Don't you think your guests would like to know where they are going? It's not like you are getting married in a few years from now. Just saying.

I have to say I have never thought of a castle wedding as being cheesy and tacky. :confused3

I'm not going to give my initial reaction.

But, I will say I live in Europe, and traveling in Europe NEVER looks like the travel guides. There's traffic, and in Italy particularly, workers go on strike (all of the vaporetto drivers have gone on strike two out of the 4 times I've been to Venice). I realize Portofino is the opposite side of the country from Venice, and I'm not saying you can't have a beautiful wedding there, but you will hit snags...or more specifically your guests will.

We could have easily gotten married anywhere in Europe. It probably would have been MUCH easier on us. But, it was infinitely simpler for our guests to travel to Disney. And, frankly, there was far less that I had to worry about in the process.

But, I will say I live in Europe, and traveling in Europe NEVER looks like the travel guides. There's traffic, and in Italy particularly, workers go on strike (all of the vaporetto drivers have gone on strike two out of the 4 times I've been to Venice). I realize Portofino is the opposite side of the country from Venice, and I'm not saying you can't have a beautiful wedding there, but you will hit snags...or more specifically your guests will.

We could have easily gotten married anywhere in Europe. It probably would have been MUCH easier on us. But, it was infinitely simpler for our guests to travel to Disney. And, frankly, there was far less that I had to worry about in the process.

:thumbsup2 As a european I agree - we looked into getting married in Italy (Portofino too), but we kept coming back to Disney as it was much easier to organise (even though Italy is only a couple of hours away from me!).

As the others have said....there is only 7 months until your wedding, guests need to know what the plan is :lmao:!!!

P.s. So many girls on here would love a castle wedding if they could afford it...I would be careful what you say on a disney wedding forum

If you are still keen on the idea of an Italian wedding, and still keen on a castle wedding, I would thoroughly recommend the castle at Malcesine on Lake Garda, Northern Italy :

http://www.italianlakeswedding.com/...s/wedding-in-malcesine-like-a-king-and-queen/

We saw a couple of weddings take place there last Summer, and the whole thing was soooooo romantic :love:

The town itself is charming and medieval - so pretty with a lovely ambiance, plus fantastic views of the lake.

There are lots of wedding planner sites that organise weddings there (quite a popular spot for the British - so you'll find plenty of english speaking ones).

That's not taking anything away from a Disney wedding - at the end of the day they are both fantasy weddings in their own way, and there's no harm in a bit of fantasy coupled with romance !!! :love:

All the best whatever you decide !

Wow--you're thinking of moving everything to Italy that's a huge change! Hope you can get everything worked out so you have your dream day. I'm surprised that you now think the castle is cheesy and tack:confused3.

Wow! I guess I didn't realize your wedding was so soon- it must be so hard to be undecided on it all at this point! How frustrating! I am indecisive and if I wasn't getting any info back from disney I think I'd be going crazy and definitely looking at other options too. I have never been to italy, so I have no input on that... but I do think all of your options, including castle wedding at disney would be dreamy, fantastic and you really couldn't go wrong:) You are one lucky bride!!

My only advice is to listen to your heart, and not any other person besides DF- it gets confusing when you try to please so many people. And, although your choice of words is causing some uproar that I won't get in to- on the upside, maybe this italy thing made you realize that the disney castle just isn't to your taste- so if it's not, then atleast that leaves one idea off the table which is good. I hope it is sorted out very soon for you :)

And pink diamonds! How cool! Have fun! :goodvibes

I have to agree with you on Italy, I have run into problems with strkiing bag handlers the 2 times I've flown from the USA into Milan's Malpensa airport. Diverted to Pisa twice, then a bus ride to Milan.

To the OP, it's not really very polite to put down DFTW locations on a MB full of Disney brides.

I know that it is your big day and your own opinion and all of that...and I think we all support that. I hope you are happy with whatever outcome you end up with, however, I would not be true to myself if I didn't tell you that the comment you made about the castle hurt my feelings. :sad1: I know that you may not have said exactly what you meant or words got mixed up or something, but so many of us on this board can't even begin to dream about a Cinderella Castle wedding and will never have that within our grasp and for you to cheapen it with those harsh words really cuts like a knife. :sad2: I loved every second of my non-castle DFTW and I still fight people to this day that make fun of us because of our choice of venue (they say it is cheesy and tacky as well). We support each other on here because we understand that people that say such things just don't feel the way we do about the magic of Disney. I'm sorry...I just had to get my feeling out because my poor little heart got crushed a bit when I read that. My MIL words were echoing in my head once again.

Anna Marie

I have a question (or several)
So if you do an Italy wedding, will you not be sending your guests on the cruise? Will you be paying for your guests to fly to Italy and for their hotel rooms? Have you thought about the potential hassle of everyone getting a passport? Have you thought about how you will entertain your guests while they are there? They can be on their own on a cruise or at Disney, but I'd think that you'd need to schedule some activities for them.

Also, I have no idea how you can call a wedding in front of the castle tacky. I further question why you would post that on a message board for people who dream of having a castle wedding.

If you continuously go back and forth between a cruise line wedding and a castle wedding, it's no wonder that Disney is taking a long time to get back to you. You have no idea what you want! My advice is that you sit down with your DF and figure out what you want and then stick to it. Haven't you already sent out your STDs? Don't you think that it's rude to not only switch venues, but COUNTRIES, THREE times??
Good luck. You are going to need it.

I'm sorry you think that of a castle wedding. Although, weren't you asking about the tacky tourists? Also if you're basing it solely on the small pdf that your consulatant sent you, that's just one way it's done. I'm sure if you didn't want certain elements those could be removed.

I've never been to Italy, so I can't comment on that.

Best of luck planning what ever you decide.

Also, I have no idea how you can call a wedding in front of the castle tacky. I further question why you would post that on a message board for people who dream of having a castle wedding.

I was actually talking to my mom about the OPs post this afternoon. I would give my left arm to have my grandfather healthy enough to travel and to have the money to have my wedding ceremony in front of the Castle. My grandfather's health is the biggest reason why we are getting married at home and not at WDW. He's my only grandparent who is alive and I want him to be there.

I love Cinderella Castle and I think it is one of the most beautiful locations at WDW. It would have been a dream come true to walk down the 'aisle' and meet my Prince Charming in front of the Castle so we could start our happily ever after together. Instead, I'll be at home but I'll still be marrying my Prince Charming and we will be starting our happily ever after together.

Maybe you didn't think about how it would come across when you wrote that about the Castle being cheesy and tacky. Maybe it just isn't your vision of what your wedding day holds, however it is the vision that many brides still dream about.

Good luck with whatever or where ever you decide to have your special day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter