CA residents, a question

DLgal

DIS Veteran
Has anyone received their gas stimulus money via direct deposit yet?

I read that they were set to complete all direct deposit payments by 11/14 and nothing yet.

We do qualify for the Direct Deposit (e-filed taxes in 2020 and received a refund via direct deposit, income falls within guidelines, etc).

Curious if people have seen payments yet.

(We did NOT qualify receive the Golden State Stimulus I or II payments)

I read that they were set to complete all direct deposit payments by 11/14 and nothing yet.

We do qualify for the Direct Deposit (e-filed taxes in 2020 and received a refund via direct deposit, income falls within guidelines, etc).

DLgal, I received mine via direct deposit on Oct. 28. Though I almost missed it at first as I wasn't looking for it specifically.

I have a coworker who also selected DD (and is eligible) who said hers still came as a debit card, however. I don't know if there was a problem with her account, but she almost threw it away as it looked like junk mail to her.

DD got hers that first week they did direct deposits but she qualified for the GSS. DH and I haven't received anything yet and also qualify for it. 2020 refund was direct deposited but somehow last year it wasn't and we were mailed a check so I was expecting a card until I saw it was related to 2020 taxes. :confused3

DLgal, I received mine via direct deposit on Oct. 28. Though I almost missed it at first as I wasn't looking for it specifically.

I have a coworker who also selected DD (and is eligible) who said hers still came as a debit card, however. I don't know if there was a problem with her account, but she almost threw it away as it looked like junk mail to her.

What do you mean "selected"? Did we have to fill something out to get this money? I thought it was automatic.

We're in the same boat as you. We qualify and have done direct deposit for years but haven't received anything yet. We also didn't qualify for GSS so maybe that's why we're last?

I hope we can receive a credit on our taxes if we never receive it.

We didn’t receive it either. Same criteria as you. 1/2 my friends have and 1/2 have not. Seems like there is no rhyme or reason as to who was chosen and who was not.

I qualified for direct deposit for this, but I can see in informed delivery mine is coming via USPS today (so the debit card). Haven't asked anyone else in my circle, though, if they received it and how.

What do you mean "selected"? Did we have to fill something out to get this money? I thought it was automatic.
They meant that the coworker selected to receive direct deposit at tax time for their refund and was eligible for direct deposit for this payment, but got the debit card instead of direct deposit.

I got a debit card? It was strange because every stimulus I got in hte past and my tax return is for direct deposit. I got it on Monday.

I got mine via direct deposit about a month ago but I know someone that just got a debit card this week.

We got ours via a debit card. We don't use debit cards so need to read the instructions on how to use them.

We got ours via a debit card. We don't use debit cards so need to read the instructions on how to use them.

You can take it to an ATM and withdraw the cash.

Or just use it like a credit card anywhere that accepts Visa.

Still nothing. I'm kind of peeved. This was going to be our Christmas fund. I have a feeling we will be getting a debit card and we fall into that group that has no dates listed as to when. We ALWAYS e file and get our refund direct deposited. We have used the same bank account for 21 years. Annoying.

Still nothing. I'm kind of peeved. This was going to be our Christmas fund. I have a feeling we will be getting a debit card and we fall into that group that has no dates listed as to when. We ALWAYS e file and get our refund direct deposited. We have used the same bank account for 21 years. Annoying.
If they’re going by the first letters of last names like it says on the website, it just says by the end of 2022 for my family with no actual date, either. We e-file and did direct deposit, too. It’s really annoying.

You can take it to an ATM and withdraw the cash.

Or just use it like a credit card anywhere that accepts Visa.

Can also set up an account then you can just transfer it to your bank directly. That's why I do with those things. Usually do a $5 transfer to test it just in case and then transfer the rest.

Can also set up an account then you can just transfer it to your bank directly. That's why I do with those things. Usually do a $5 transfer to test it just in case and then transfer the rest.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Great info!

It said there was a fee to do that.

We were able to do the withdrawal on an ATM. $500 one day, $200 on the other day. No fees (surprisingly because the paperwork said there would be fees for the transactions).

Haven't seen anything. As far as I know neither did either of my daughters. We all got the second stimulus in December last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter