CA residents, a question

It said there was a fee to do that.

We were able to do the withdrawal on an ATM. $500 one day, $200 on the other day. No fees (surprisingly because the paperwork said there would be fees for the transactions).

There was no fee for me. If you're just doing a regular bank account transfer that takes 2-3 days, there should be zero fee.

EDIT: looked it up to see what you were seeing. That fee is for international bank accounts. There is no fee for domestic.

Last edited:
Oh, wasn't aware of that. Great info!

It's super easy. And something I'm very used to since I've always used NFCU and USAA as my banks. Not living anywhere near a base has meant I had to get used to doing all my transactions online 😂

And definitely no fee if done as a bank transfer that takes 2-3 days. Just need your checking account and routing numbers. Same as you do with direct deposit.

We got our about a week ago, and so did my sister and her husband. I didn't even know about it TBH--it transfers into DH's acct. I read your post (thank you!!) and asked him if we'd gotten anything, so he checked is account and lo and behold, there it was. If I hadn't asked, I would not have gotten my $350 and I was able to give a heads up to my sis and BIL.

I'm guessing there were other payments in the past that I likewise was unaware of, but at least I got this one!

I'm late to this but we got ours finally via direct deposit about 2 weeks ago. Some who qualify for direct deposit STILL got cards in the mail which is super weird !

Mine came via direct deposit about a month or so ago. I know when it originally came in that I was a bit confused as it was named strangely (MCT Refund), so I had to look up what it was. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Still waiting because I did not qualify for the first 2 stimulus payments and my last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

Same. I guess we'll be getting a debit card and with a last name towards the end of the alphabet, seems it will be sent out by the end of Dec.

Same. I guess we'll be getting a debit card and with a last name towards the end of the alphabet, seems it will be sent out by the end of Dec.
My last name was scheduled for the debit cards to be sent by last Friday (the 19th) and still haven't gotten anything.

I got my debit card on Friday. Exactly 2 weeks after the date they said it would be mailed.

There are fees listed for everything other than using it as a straight debit card.
$1.25 ATM fee for out of network ATM's. In my area all the "in network" ATM's are at gas stations & drug stores.
$7 + 3.5% fee to transfer to checking account. As @BelleOftheBall16 pointed out this is for international banks accounts only.

Looks like I will end up having to use it in place of my credit card for everyday transactions for awhile. It is using every penny that is going to be tough. Can you buy an odd amount as a gift card on Amazon? Say $54.86? I've been buying a lot on Amazon because I really hate going to stores to go shopping. So loading the money into Amazon will be the easiest way to use all the funds.

Last edited:
I got my debit card on Friday. Exactly 2 weeks after the date they said it would be mailed.

There are fees listed for everything other than using it as a straight debit card.
$1.25 ATM fee.
$7 + 3.5% fee to transfer to checking account.

Looks like I will end up having to use it in place of my credit card for everyday transactions for awhile. It is using every penny that is going to be tough. Can you buy an odd amount as a gift card on Amazon? Say $54.86? I've been buying a lot on Amazon because I really hate going to stores to go shopping. So loading the money into Amazon will be the easiest way to use all the funds.
The $1.25 ATM fee only applies if you use an out of network ATM….you’ll have to go to the website on the paperwork to find in-network ATMs. The transfer fee only applies to international bank accounts, there is no transfer fee for domestic accounts.

ETA-you are limited to $600 transfer/withdrawal per day so if you are married, have dependents etc and are getting a larger amount, you’ll have to split it up over 2 days.

Last edited:

$1.25 ATM fee.
$7 + 3.5% fee to transfer to checking account.

If you regularly shop on Amazon I would use the value of the card to buy an Amazon gift card. That’s what I do when I get visa gift cards as holiday gifts.

If you regularly shop on Amazon I would use the value of the card to buy an Amazon gift card. That’s what I do when I get visa gift cards as holiday gifts.
The last few years at work we have gotten Visa gift cards in lieu of a Christmas Party (due to COVID). This is what I did too.

The $1.25 ATM fee only applies if you use an out of network ATM….you’ll have to go to the website on the paperwork to find in-network ATMs. The transfer fee only applies to international bank accounts, there is no transfer fee for domestic accounts.
I just reread it and you are correct that the transfer fee is only for international bank accounts. Totally missed that. Thank you.

We got our card today...woohoo Since I'm using it for Christmas shopping, I can finally get it all done. I hope all who are waiting get it soon.

My 2 daughters & I each got our cards a week apart. I got mine 12/3, my younger daughter on 12/10 and my oldest on 12/16. All the same last name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter