• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calena's quest for healthy living - advice welcome!

Sounds like you're doing AWESOME, Calena. A wog on the beach sounds wonderful - can I come???

Have a great week! Skinnier jeans are always a plus!

Great job on those skinny jeans! It won't be long until you lose the other 2lbs! Have a great vacation. :sunny:

Last swimming lesson was today! I've learned so much! Will miss the lessons, but am thinking about it for next summer! Last night a friend who is a competitive runner came by and I talked to him about getting together in September for some coaching tips/pointers. Should be good. I learned so much at swimming lessons with new techniques, tips etc that I think it would also help my wogging to become jogging!
Friday is our closing swimming club party on the lake. Pixie dust for good weather! There is a chance of showers - even thunderstorms on one site - so we need good weather. Over 70 are coming for this!

You are doing so great calena!!!!! BRAVO on that comment from the neighbor - that's awesome and does make you feel so much better when others notice. You notice it with clothes but it's an extra incentive when others finally see it too!!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Had a great meeting last night for the charity 10k/5k I am organizing (the Terry Fox Run on September 18 for cancer research). It is just a load off my mind. The volunteers were/are great and have stuff lined up and it is just wonderful! I am just terrible about delegating and asking for help and this summer - with swimming club and now the Terry Fox - is teaching me to ask for help!!!! We all have our responsibilities outlined so that is great. Now I have time to keep training for my 5k.
My eating has been wild this week. It is TOM and I have been nervous about this meeting last night plus the closing of the swim program and I eat! I need to start journaling my eating again or sign up for the no cheat program!
Today is the swimming club party and it is cloudy and overcast but the rain is suppossed to hold off until 3 p.m. so I HOPE SO! I just checked three different forecasts! We are having games in the morning, then a bbq then the kids get their badges!

I hope the weather holds out for you- sounds like a fun day!

Good luck with the organizing...I agree, it's hard to delegate and know who will be responsible enough to get things done right.

Have a great weekend!

I hope the weather cooperates for the party and I hope everything comes together well for the 5/10K! Sounds like you've done a great job on these!!!

Take care and have a great weekend!!! :flower:

It has been a hectic week. It always is before we go away! I weighed this morning and am down 1 more pound, so I am at 19 down! Feel's great.
I have been back to jogging/wogging which makes me feel good. My eating is about 95 percent South Beach which is pretty good! I just keep trying to make overall healthier choices.
Now that swimming lessons are over I miss them, but I have been working on my jogging. Getting ready for the 5k in September, but unless a miracle happens it will not be a speed event! Anyway, it is to raise funds for cancer research and I am only competing against myself for a personal best!
We leave tommorow for Cape Hatteras. The weather looks a bit iffy most days - 30-40% chance of showers or thundershowers - but maybe that will change. We are close to the beach, so we can always walk back to the house and veg! I am looking forward to relaxing walks - maybe jogs - on the beach, swimming and eating seafood! Also a hushpuppy or two! ;) Control, moderation, South Beach principles will be my mantra! :rolleyes:

Hi Calena :)

Hope your vacation is great. I can't wait to hear your result of the Sept 5K. I'm sure you're going to do great!

Sunny

I can't believe I found my old journal. :rolleyes: I just did a sort of search and here goes again. I'm just struggling with motivation and feeling slouchy. The scale shows I am up! Some personal stuff has set me back and I just have indulged in sugar filled junk and it is showing around the tummy and legs. I just struggle with the motivation to be consistent in exercise and eating right!!!!
I am back to my old journal for inspiration on how well I was doing. So... here goes again. I will start small! Back to the basics! Eat well, drink water and exercise!
Goal - water 10 glasses a day
Exercise - 30 minutes a day - swim, wog, T-Tapp
Food - South Beach Phase II. (Can't give up all the fruit right now!)

Looking forward to going to Disneyland in October :banana: so this will keep me on the boards a bit.

Welcome back! I wasn't here when you were journaling before but I know how inspiring the WISH journals can be! So glad you found your way back to us. :sunny:

Great goals! :cheer2: I am sure you will be on track and losing weight again in no time! :cheer2:

Have a great weekend!

Hello Journal - remember me? Will try to post how I am doing again.
Starting South Beach Phase 1 (again) today. Don't know if I will last 14 days but want to shift some belly weight fast and I know South Beach works for me. The lure of summer fruit is great though! The good thing is summer veggies are in abundance too.
Exercise has been more iffy. Want to swim more and am taking the dog for a 30 minute walk- little bit of jog each night so that is good.
Water is pretty good. Have been making a big pot of herbal tea in the evening and that is good to drink.
Family issues have been getting me DOWN and I just want to turn to food, which is so stupid because then I feel fat and DOWN. I need to 'renew my mind' Off to a good start today with South Beach and will be going grocery shopping this afternoon so that will be good.
Excited about disneyland so I am spending more and more time on the baords.
I'm organizing our Terry Fox Run (to raise $ for cancer reserach) so I need to get ready to at least do the 5k so that is good incentive for me too.

Yesterday was good on South Beach Day 1. Lots of veggies. Fudgesickle as my treat, and of course both my boys had one too. DH wants "real ice cream". We'll see.
20 minute swim and 20 minute walk with Lady.
Deb

Yesterday was a good day. Took the children out to lunch and had a chicken (grilled) ceaser salad at McDs so that was a boost! Water to drink. Felt good about passing that hurdle. Did a 20 minute swim and a 25 minute walk last night. The weather is not ideal... rainy and muggy.
Need to buy some more groceries today to keep eating well.

Stuck with the program yesterday but overdid on nuts I think. Need to get my water in too. I don't think I drank enough yesterday so I want to drink at least 10 glasses of water today. I have done 3 days, I can do this!

I have been off caffeine a lot and yesterday made a pot of decaffinated coffee and I felt so jittery all day. I guess I am just not used to it at all or maybe with the combo of body detoxing on South Beach? Who knows? Sticking with the plan and I feel good about that. It just requires more planning than I am used to. Off to do yard work. Swam yesterday with the children for about 45 minutes... I would tread water when I was not swimming so it was a good workout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter