Carly & Jesse 08-07-08 WP/WH/SCP I got my high res CD from Disney!! Reception update

I feel like such a dork, but I have to tell you Carly that I can't stop looking at your beautiful TR pics! I hope my wedding turns out as beautiful as yours! It is truly one of the prettiest DIS weddings on these boards.

I love all your pictures you look so beautiful and happy!
Thanks Carolina!! You are in good hands with Ken!
haha No way carly I love seeing the pics you know that!! I'm totally obsessed! I want to see more in the upcoming week haha !
HA!!! Don't tell me that!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! I love...wait let me say that again...:love: your ceremony pictures! You just made a very strong case for DPS let me tell you! I can't wait to see more...keep it coming girl!

Anna Marie
Thank you. DPS isn't the easiest to deal with, but we def got some great shots on the wedding day!!
Lots more to come! I am going to finish this!!!!

I sent you a PM but just saw this. Where the flowers at the back of the chapel permanent? I've never seen those arrangements in pics before.
Thank you! Pm sent!!!

I had a question about your guests transportation. I got the impression that you didn't provide a bus or limo or anything for your guests and I was wondering if that worked out well? I assume just about everyone has rental cars on vacation anyways, so did you just tell everyone when and where to show up? This seems like it would save a lot of unneccesary headache and money, so I was just wondering. Did they just walk from the Wedding Pavillion to the Whitehall Room (and also the dessert party location), are these all a pretty short walk from eachother? Also, who directed them where to go since I assume you and your bridal party were taking pictures after the ceremony? Thanks!

We did have a limo but most guests drove from the WP to the GF, that way when it was all over they lef in their own cars. We live 2.5 hours, so everyone had their own car. major Domo was supposed to tell them where to go, but I wan't there so I can't answer that.
it depends on you really, we just didn't want to cut something out and most people would have drove their own cars instead of taking a bus .5 mile.

I feel like such a dork, but I have to tell you Carly that I can't stop looking at your beautiful TR pics! I hope my wedding turns out as beautiful as yours! It is truly one of the prettiest DIS weddings on these boards.

Thank you!! wow. Thats a nice compliment, as there are soo many amazing wedding on here! I am sure you will also have a gorgeous wedding!

Pre- Reception

I only have a whopping three pictures of the pre-reception, so here they go!!

We just did a simple cheese/fruit display because we had soo much other food. Frankly, I didn't care what they ate at the pre, it really didn't matter!

100_8377.jpg

And I have no idea what major domo was talking about. We weren't there yet, so I have no idea what he told everybody!!
100_8380.jpg

100_8379.jpg

And thats all!!

Off to loads tons more of the reception!!
I have got to finish this thing!!!!!

Reception

Whitehall was a really great space for the group we had. We ended up using the entire space, and loved it. We had dinner inside, and then moved back outside for the dancing where Mickey and Minnie met us.
The open space really made the room a great choice!
Plus, we lucked out with out color choices. We had already chosen to do green chair covers before we realized the wall paper had green stripes in it!!

Okay....
finally, my reception pictures!!!!
Scan11_7.jpg

reception-WhitehallRoom.jpg

reception-tablesetting.jpg

Instead of assigning people a seat, we just gave them an assigned table with a Disney character name.

Scan11_1.jpg

And each seat was marked with a love quote from various Disney movies. I ended up finding some really cute ones, and lots of people were talking about them!

Scan11_5.jpg

Scan11_6.jpg

Standard GF menus

Scan1_5.jpg

Scan11_4.jpg

Our signatory mat

Scan1_7.jpg

And our baby pictures that were outside of Whitehall with the guest book
Scan1_6.jpg

so then, we finally made it to the reception and I was dying for something to drink!!
After what seemed like forever, Major Domo announced everyone into the room.
100_8384.jpg

We all went straight to sit down, and Major domo said his goodbyes
reception-MajowDomo.jpg

carlyswedding117.jpg

carlyswedding116.jpg

Then it was on to the toasts:rolleyes:
My sister (MOH) went first and gave a sweet toast about our " happily ever after" and we all go teary...
100_8389.jpg

Wedding575_2.jpg

And THEN...came the Best man
I should have known that this was coming... but for some reason, I thought he would let it slide.
He starts off my saying "I have a presentation to make" and I thought to myself Oh God....
And he starts talking
About two seconds into his speech he reaches into his bag and pulls these out...
Scan1_1.jpg

YEP... that is exactly what you think it is.
Not only that, but he handed them to me. I immediately put them on floor.. I was mortified.. both my pastors AND my parents were sitting right next to me.
Scan1_2.jpg

You can tell my this picture how much I really wanted to kill him!
Scan11_2.jpg

The farther away it gets, the funnier it gets. At the time, I was just so embarassed. BUT Jesse laughed his butt off...
So not fair!!!!
receptionCliffJesese-toast.jpg

They love eachother!!!:lmao:

So..then it was onto our yummy dinner. Everything we had to eat was amazing!!!!!
Scan1_3.jpg

The Shrimp Cocktail appetizer came out to "Be Our Guest"
Scan11_3.jpg

reception-shrimpcocktail.jpg

Then we had the iceberg wedge with an edible flower. So pretty, and it actually tasted pretty good. Not a lot of people were willing to eat their flower, but I did!
P8070053_1.jpg

And then we switched over to a buffet for the entree.
Way too many choices
Scan1_4.jpg

After dinner we headed out to the balcony for our first dance...
(after I upload more pics that is!!

Carly,
Your reception looked beautiful! I love how the chair covers matched the decor of the room even if you didn't mean for that to happen. Gotta love that Disney magic! We did names of characters on our tables too...great minds think alike. ;) I can't wait to see the outside pictures!!!

Anna Marie

I was so glad to see an update :dance3:

I totally agree about the pre-reception. I didn't do anything beyond a cheese and fruit display either. So, was there any of Major Domo on your video? Maybe that can answer the mysteries of what he said at the pre-reception.

How horrifying about the best man's speech; I definitely would not have been nice enough to hug him :headache: Typical guy behavior. At least your sister did a wonderful job on her MOH speech.

Carly~ first off your food looks so delicious. I know its in your PJ somewhere, but what were your main entrees?

Oh Wow beautiful dress and so very exciting! I think the picture of your brother is great, I should get my cousin to do it i know he'd hate it!

The girls flowers are GREAT! I love the colors and of course the shape!
~Jenny

Where is the rest??? I was so wrapped up and then it stopped...please keep going...I love everything so far!:surfweb:

I second that!!
SO wrapped up!!!

I know you have had a thousand other people tell you this, but you truly made a gorgeous bride!
LOVED your dress!!!

I couldn't decide if i wanted a cupcake dress, or something slimmer....
of course i decided to go fluffy LOL but now that I am looking at how gorgeous you are in yours, I am having second thoughts about my own!

BTW! I can NOT believe the BM did that to you guys during his speech! I would have slugged him! HAHA!! :rotfl: good thiing yall have a good sense of humor!!

i see that you live in Jacksonville.... we're moving there this year!!

I got my high res cd from Disney!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo! All 1200 and something pictures are mine!

So.. I know that is no excuse as to taking 9 months to complete a pj (holy cow...it's already been 9 months!!) but I promise to finish this thing.. besides I am almost there!!

Carly,
Your reception looked beautiful! I love how the chair covers matched the decor of the room even if you didn't mean for that to happen. Gotta love that Disney magic! We did names of characters on our tables too...great minds think alike. ;) I can't wait to see the outside pictures!!!

Anna Marie

Thank you! I couldn't decide who to leave out of our table names. Since I wanted to use the Fab five I had to cut one since we had only four tables..in the end poor Pluto got the cut, but I liked the idea of his entire family sitting at the Donald table:lmao:

I was so glad to see an update :dance3:

I totally agree about the pre-reception. I didn't do anything beyond a cheese and fruit display either. So, was there any of Major Domo on your video? Maybe that can answer the mysteries of what he said at the pre-reception.

How horrifying about the best man's speech; I definitely would not have been nice enough to hug him :headache: Typical guy behavior. At least your sister did a wonderful job on her MOH speech.

Carly~ first off your food looks so delicious. I know its in your PJ somewhere, but what were your main entrees?

yes, yes...it was mortifiying!! And those stupid things are still sitting on my desk! But no, no footage of the pre-reception except a quick shot of the food... so it will remain a mystery!
For the food, we had a scallop and shrimp skewer in a pinot grigio sauce, chicken marsala, and a beef carving station with the blackberry demi. BUT the mashed potatos ended up being my fav!
Thanks again:goodvibes

I know I've told you before, but I love how you had the room decorated... so pretty!

Thank you! You will love the space!

Oh Wow beautiful dress and so very exciting! I think the picture of your brother is great, I should get my cousin to do it i know he'd hate it!

The girls flowers are GREAT! I love the colors and of course the shape!
~Jenny
haha.. my brother hated it, but he still did it! Yours will too! Thanks for all the compliments!!

Where is the rest??? I was so wrapped up and then it stopped...please keep going...I love everything so far!:surfweb:

I promise... I won't quit on you! Thanks!
I second that!!
SO wrapped up!!!

I know you have had a thousand other people tell you this, but you truly made a gorgeous bride!
LOVED your dress!!!

I couldn't decide if i wanted a cupcake dress, or something slimmer....
of course i decided to go fluffy LOL but now that I am looking at how gorgeous you are in yours, I am having second thoughts about my own!

BTW! I can NOT believe the BM did that to you guys during his speech! I would have slugged him! HAHA!! :rotfl: good thiing yall have a good sense of humor!!

i see that you live in Jacksonville.... we're moving there this year!!
Moving to Jax? Which part? You will like it! It's conveniently located 2.5 hours from the world!!
As for my BM.. well he knows how I feel!

And thats so funny what you said about the dress. I went looking for a princessy dress, but ended up with this one. I added a slip underneath to give it some poof, but I was really happy with the turn out. Though I do have to admit, sometimes poofy dresses make me jealous....

Thank you!

I am patiently waiting for the dessert party! :)

It's coming.. I promise!

I am patiently waiting for the rest too!!

Gotcha covered! Thanks for reading!!

Whitehall Patio

So, right after dinner we headed outside on the patio for our first dance. We were both dreading it, but we knew we had too. (mom)
But we had something planned that took the edge off...

080783-1109.jpg

080783-1110.jpg

080783-0936.jpg

Notice my mom in the background... it was like she forgot we payed someone to take the pictures!!
080783-0939.jpg

080783-0941.jpg

And then... two of my friends decided to cut in..
080783-1117.jpg

He says he didn't want to dance with Minnie.. yea right!!
He looks torchered doesn't he??
080783-1125.jpg

080783-1124.jpg

080783-1120.jpg

080783-1122.jpg

They cut in at the very end of the song, so Jesse didn't have to suffer for long!

And then Minnie pretended to "ohh" over me... it was cute though!

080783-1123.jpg

Then we went inside for the cake cutting. (had to go out then in because we had limited time with Mickey and Minnie)

Our have to admit I didn't like our cake table set up, because our guests were just watching our backs as we cut the cake.. so just a warning to any other brides using Whitehall...move your cake!
Just to show you, this is a pic my mom took
carlyswedding146.jpg

we cut our cake to the song "Somewhere over the Rainbow" By Iz... it's in the movie 50 first dates.. has a good tie with out engagement story too!

So we headed back in..
080783-1145.jpg

080783-1146.jpg

080783-1147.jpg

080783-1148.jpg

080783-1149.jpg

We weren't to mean to eachother... just a little.
080783-1152.jpg

We faked eachother out...:lmao:

080783-1151.jpg

080783-1150.jpg

080783-1153.jpg

080783-0968.jpg

080783-0967.jpg

Then we headed down the hall to get a few pics with Mickey and Minnie..
080783-0971.jpg

(promise I Hhave a better looking pic.. it was hard to see in photobucket!)

080783-0975.jpg

080783-1170.jpg

080783-1176.jpg

And back out to the patio we went to dance with Mickey and Minnie before they had to leave us.
080783-0965.jpg

My FSIL (She didn't know it at the time, but my brother proposed to her the next day at the MK!!)
080783-0956.jpg

080783-0955.jpg

080783-0963.jpg

The wallflowers..aka... moms friends!!:lmao:
080783-0934.jpg

080783-0952.jpg

080783-0953.jpg

080783-1127.jpg

080783-1140.jpg

080783-1129.jpg

Jesse's grandma getting her "groove on"
080783-1134.jpg

carlyswedding143.jpg

Then we had to say goodbye to Mickey and Minnie:sad1:
But we had lots of other fun stuff to do..

Next, I danced with my dad.
We used "Cinderella" By Stephen Curtis Chapman.

080783-1182.jpg

080783-1185.jpg

I cried at the very end when he hugged me. I made it all the way through the song, and then I cried!
080783-1187.jpg

Then Jesse danced with his mom..
They used "You Raise Me Up" By Josh Groban
080783-1194.jpg

They are cry babies, so they cried the entire time. They hadn't seen eachother for a while before the wedding, so his mom was a wreck the entire time!

Then.. I arranged for my sister to get a father/daughter dance. She got married back in '01 but didn't get a father/daughter dance. So I thought she would like it.. and I think she did!
080783-1199.jpg

080783-1196.jpg

After that we did the bouquet dance, but we called it the wedding dance. It's the one where the couple who has been married the longest is the last on the dance floor. The DJ eliminates couples by announcing anniversaries. It was really fun! But of course, we were first to go!

080783-1213.jpg

080783-1013.jpg

Since my sister was eight months pregnant, she and her husband decided the only way they could dance was backwards..:rotfl: Too much belly!

080783-1143.jpg

In the end it came down to my parents (32 years) and our pastor (40 years). My mom looked so proud..
080783-1211.jpg

So, since the pastor and his wife won, the DJ asked them to give us some marital advice. (he told Jesse to learn to say "Yes Maam!"):lmao:
080783-1214.jpg

080783-1215.jpg

Then, the DJ gave advice to the couple.. and he played the song, lets get it on..thats why my face was so red! It caught me off guard!
080783-1016.jpg

OH.. and this is my flower girl and a friends daughter. They had just found the castle and were standing up tall to ty and look at it. It was too cute! And one of their first times to see it!
080783-0935.jpg

And a few things we had outside for decor...
The tea lights, and confetti on the tables
080783-0958.jpg

You can see the Mickey tea light holders here.
100_8451.jpg

And the gel cylinders that doubled as our centerpieces for the DP!
100_8396.jpg

What a great idea to have Mickey and Minnie come in during your dance. My DH wasn't super thrilled about the idea of having characters (although our budget didn't allow anyway) but he dreaded our dance, so I might have convinced him to get them if they came in at that point :goodvibes That is kind of strange how they have the cake setup with your backs to people. At least your photographer got some nice shots from the side. The picture of the two girls looking at the castle is so cute princess: It really looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Did Disney provide the Mickey tealights or did you?

Oh Carly I am so glad to see you posting again! You left us hanging at the best part girl!!! Your reception looked like a blast. The one thing I regret from our reception was not having Mickey and Minnie visit...we couldn't because it was set to be held outside in Epcot and the characters aren't allowed outside until regular guests have left the park. Then it rained the whole time and ended up being inside anyways....bummer! I can't wait to see some more. Keep it coming :goodvibes

Anna Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter