Carly & Jesse 08-07-08 WP/WH/SCP I got my high res CD from Disney!! Reception update

:love: Omg!!!
I LOVED your pics!!! :love:

I LOVED Mickey and Minnie when they came in! How awesome :) So cute how Mickey got on his knees and kissed your hands!!

I also like the pic with the two little girls admiring the castle from the light pole :) Adorable.

Too bad your back was to your guests for the cake cutting!!! Whoaaa... That's like, bad on Disney's part.. what were they thinking?
such a gorgeous cake though!!!!! i LOVED it!!!!

Well, since my last post to you, we moved to Jacksonville! We live right at Jacksonville Beach.... I work at the new Ulta in St Johns Town Center as a hair stylist... you gotta come check out the store sometime, if you're close!!! it's huge! or if you ever want your hair done :) we have awesome conditioning treatments! LOL seriously! awesome place. i do love it here though! and so completely excited to only be 2.5 hrs away from Disney!!!!! that's the best part! <3 :cloud9:
:love:

Looks like everything turned out great. I am using the Whitehall room for my reception too, but we are doing tables around the edges with the cake table in the middle so everyone can see and no one will be staring at that mirror the whole time :rotfl: But, we are going to do our dances out on the patio so we don't have to leave room for it in the room. Your pics turned out fabulous...which photographer did you have? I am using DPS for my ceremony and don't know who I should request.:goodvibes

What a great idea to have Mickey and Minnie come in during your dance. My DH wasn't super thrilled about the idea of having characters (although our budget didn't allow anyway) but he dreaded our dance, so I might have convinced him to get them if they came in at that point :goodvibes That is kind of strange how they have the cake setup with your backs to people. At least your photographer got some nice shots from the side. The picture of the two girls looking at the castle is so cute princess: It really looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Did Disney provide the Mickey tealights or did you?

Thanks Vanessa! I love that picture of the girls too! We actually provided those tea lights as well, I love the Disney outlets!

your reception looked so fun!!

Thanks! It was!

Oh Carly I am so glad to see you posting again! You left us hanging at the best part girl!!! Your reception looked like a blast. The one thing I regret from our reception was not having Mickey and Minnie visit...we couldn't because it was set to be held outside in Epcot and the characters aren't allowed outside until regular guests have left the park. Then it rained the whole time and ended up being inside anyways....bummer! I can't wait to see some more. Keep it coming :goodvibes

Anna Marie

Aww thanks! Sorry you didn't get the characters. They were a surprise to everyone at our wedding! We have pictures of grown men waving at Mickey as he came in!
Got more coming!

:love: Omg!!!
I LOVED your pics!!! :love:

I LOVED Mickey and Minnie when they came in! How awesome :) So cute how Mickey got on his knees and kissed your hands!!

I also like the pic with the two little girls admiring the castle from
the light pole :) Adorable.

Too bad your back was to your guests for the cake cutting!!! Whoaaa... That's like, bad on Disney's part.. what were they thinking?
such a gorgeous cake though!!!!! i LOVED it!!!!

Well, since my last post to you, we moved to Jacksonville! We live right at Jacksonville Beach.... I work at the new Ulta in St Johns Town Center as a hair stylist... you gotta come check out the store sometime, if you're close!!! it's huge! or if you ever want your hair done :) we have awesome conditioning treatments! LOL seriously! awesome place. i do love it here though! and so completely excited to only be 2.5 hrs away from Disney!!!!! that's the best part! <3 :cloud9:
:love:

Hey, I know where Ulta is! I go to UNF...right across the street from there! I'll have to go by there one day when you are working!
Thanks for the compliments! Our cake tasted soo good! I had a bday cake made with the same flavors, but it just wasn't the same!!

Carly, LOVE your toasting flutes! Where'd you find them?

Thank you. They came from a store called Things Remembered.

Looks like everything turned out great. I am using the Whitehall room for my reception too, but we are doing tables around the edges with the cake table in the middle so everyone can see and no one will be staring at that mirror the whole time :rotfl: But, we are going to do our dances out on the patio so we don't have to leave room for it in the room. Your pics turned out fabulous...which photographer did you have? I am using DPS for my ceremony and don't know who I should request.:goodvibes

Thanks! I liked how everything turned out too! We did all our dancing outside, but they still set up a dance floor in the room, incase of rain. Wasn't my idea, but I really didn't care. Maybe I should have researched more... lol. Sounds like you have it all figured out! I loved going in and out of Whitehall, it was a lot more fun than being inside for the entire night!

Wow.

I just found this TR and I am wondering where the heck I have been this whole time?!

Everything looks wonderful, you were such a beautiful bride...I LOVE the pictures of you when you see the coach for the first time, what a magical moment. I cannot wait for more!!!!!!

Wow!!!

I also just found your pj/tr. I have to say....you look absolutely stunning!! Congratulations, it looks like you had a fab day!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Wow.

I just found this TR and I am wondering where the heck I have been this whole time?!

Everything looks wonderful, you were such a beautiful bride...I LOVE the pictures of you when you see the coach for the first time, what a magical moment. I cannot wait for more!!!!!!
Thank you. I'll always remember my mom's face when she saw me come through the doors. It was soo awesome!
Lots more coming!:woohoo:

Wow!!!

I also just found your pj/tr. I have to say....you look absolutely stunning!! Congratulations, it looks like you had a fab day!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes
Oh thank you! We did have a fab day!;)
your reception pics are so cute! :goodvibes
Thank you!:goodvibes

Bouquet and Garter toss!

080783-1003.jpg

haha...the garter was to the song cherry pie...well, a kareoke version of the song. I think my mom would have died if she heard the real song playing!

080783-1004.jpg

We had a whopping four single guys at our wedding..one was DH's dad!!!:rotfl:
080783-1006.jpg

My brother was the one jumping :lmao:
080783-1204.jpg

Thank goodness FIl didn't catch it!!
080783-1007.jpg

080783-1206.jpg

We had a few more girls though..
080783-1008.jpg

That's my FSIL trying to reach for the bouquet!
080783-1012.jpg

080783-1208.jpg

We ended up having a couple catch the garter and bouquet..but they still aren't married!:confused3

Then we went back inside, for the last time to eat cake and do our farewell dance.
I had a chocolate slipper waiting for me, haha...only one though!!
carlyswedding191.jpg

I had a slice of the chocolate layer of the cake with Bailey's Mousse in it...so good! I had the same flavors made in my birthday cake this year, but it wasn't as good!
Then for our farewell dance we danced to Steve Tyrell's version of "They Way You Look Tonight"
It's the version that is on the movie Father of the Bride. My favorite movie!
I took a big bite out of my chocolate slipper as the DJ announced it was time for the last dance of the evening....
So for the first minute of the song I was trying to chew the chocolate discretely....oops!
080783-1023.jpg

080783-1017.jpg

The entire time we were dancing I was trying to explain the meaning of the song to DH...romantic huh? Completely killed the real meaning:rotfl:
080783-1019.jpg

080783-1021.jpg

Dessert Party

I remember walking out of Whitehall and heading over to Sago Cay and my FIL kept asking what time the MK was opening in the morning? :confused3 Like I had it memorized. Then he starts to tell us bye...umm hello! I sent out a newsletter and it was in his welcome bag..but no! Dessert Party? What Dessert party? Sometimes... I just want to smack him:rolleyes1 He had no idea what was going on..he actally asked me if the reception was before the ceremony?????
What?
Just goes to show you how much he cared:rotfl:

So anyways, I'll admit I wasn't impressed with any of the footage DPS got with our DP. Most of it is just okay, but there aren't any great ones.
It doesn't bother me too much, because they have done other things to compensate, but nothing will bring back the video I footage I wish wasn't ruined.
oops...no room for sadness here! :cheer2:
okay, so WISHES was at 10:00 pm that night and we headed over about 9:30 I was worried the entire night that it would be hot being outside on the Whitehall Patio, but with all the fans, and how late it was..it never got that hot..
But man...I roasted at the DP! My dress stuck to me the entire time! It was soo humid out there!

here's the pics I have:
080783-1024.jpg

080783-1025.jpg

080783-1026.jpg

We had display of mini everything on the dessert buffet. I have to pics though? I tasted a bite of something my sister had, but that was all I ate. I wish I would have loaded a box up though for the next day!!

And these are our fireworks shots, they are all the same. So after a few, they get boring....
080783-1031.jpg

080783-1032.jpg

080783-1033.jpg

080783-1034.jpg

080783-1036.jpg

080783-1043.jpg

080783-1243.jpg

080783-1246.jpg

080783-1245.jpg

080783-1249.jpg

080783-1253.jpg

080783-1256.jpg

See what I mean,
And those are the good ones. I was surprised they never even asked us to turn around of kiss or anything?

it was a lot of fun though! I am really glad we did it, because it ended a perfect day in a good way!

Even if the pictures weren't what you were looking for, your evening was beautiful! You had such a wonderful day!

The videographers went around and asked people to say something for our video, which was really fun to watch! And we started to hug people by. I think everyone was a little glad to be heading to bed. I know I was!
The DP cleared out really fast, and I waited on Ken to bring me my flowers back and my veil while they were cleaning out Whitehall. But, the florist accidentally picked up my silk bouquet and brought it with them to drop of the day of our Mk shoot...but, since I made mine instead of having them do it, we had to try and trace it down and have it delivered to the Contemporary the next day. I was really nervous that it would get lost, but we found it!

I headed over to my mom's room to get my purse,lol, and my entire family headed to the monorail to tell us bye. Instead of being normal and just hug us, they wanted to ride around with us..

So, we out to the monorail and the CM told us to sit upfront, so we did.
IMG_0253.jpg

That's a scary, sweaty pic of us!!!:rotfl:
My brother and SIL sat with us. When we made it around to the Contemporary, my mom and sister jumped out of the car behind us to scream and cheer.. a little embarassing, but really funny!
Without thinking it through I headed down the escalator in my wedding dress..lots of people were watching me! :lmao:

We went down and picked up the keys to our room, and said goodbye to the wedding day. I was sad it was over, I still am, but I was so glad the Contemporary had soft beds!

Carly-your pictures did come out beautiful and you look like you had so much fun. i love your dress! i still can't beleive how they set up the cake table but at least the photographer got some good shots. I have a question-the tables you had outside, are the already there or did you have to request them?

i just found your thread, congrats!!! your pics are beautiful. i love the pic of you and your sis and the baby in your signature line....so cute!!! it looks and sounds as if you had a truly magical day!

You had such a beautiful night! I'm sooo jealous! :rotfl: I think that your pics of the fireworks were lovely. If it makes you feel any better, mine were not DPS and were posed and still look quite similar. :goodvibes I'll be waiting to see some honeymoon pics now...oh and the pictures of your first day as a married woman of course! :surfweb:

Anna Marie

How exciting to see everything come together! That's funny about how you got called to dance in the middle of eating your slipper :goodvibes FIL sounds like my MIL who had no clue what was going on the entire day of our wedding. I think the fireworks pictures are nice, but I know what you mean about some looking the same. I think its that way with a lot of the fireworks shots from weddings. To me, I figure the most important thing is that you have these pictures because how many brides actually have fireworks at all on their wedding days! :bride:

I feel as though I am bringing this thread back from the dead (it's been a while since a post!) but I just wanted to say how much I LOVED your color choice! So different!

I had a question. Did you pay an extra fee to have the Major Domo stay? Would he have stayed the whole wedding regardless if he did the announcements at the reception?

I just haven't seen a lot of people who have had that at their wedding, and I was curious!

You look gorgeous in your pictures!

I feel as though I am bringing this thread back from the dead (it's been a while since a post!) but I just wanted to say how much I LOVED your color choice! So different!

I had a question. Did you pay an extra fee to have the Major Domo stay? Would he have stayed the whole wedding regardless if he did the announcements at the reception?

I just haven't seen a lot of people who have had that at their wedding, and I was curious!

You look gorgeous in your pictures!

Wow...little surprising to see out PJ out here. It was definitely a dead one!!

Thanks so much for the compliments! I went back and forth alot on those stinkin' colors!
As far as Major Domo, I am pretty sure he is $650, and his job is to bring in the rings during the ceremony and then announce you in at the reception. So yes, he will be there!!

So...since this thread was dug up...I thought I would finally share my video! It only took Disney about oh...seven months to finally get us a copy....but I have the montage online if you guys want to see it....

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9cdab21e1ee3c1f5

It's just the montage portion of our video, but I love it!!

Your video is awesome! Thanks for sharing...and I for one am glad to see your trippie again.
One quick question for you. You said that Disney Photo Services did that video for you...was it a special package or an add on you had to order? The video that they took for me was not nearly as cool AT ALL.

Anna Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter